Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Varik wrote: »
    So no demand for right leaning writers, and you say most people don't go looking for politics (small p) you yourself included.

So having a right or left perspective shouldn't matter if the work itself is neutral.

But on the biggest site not even by chance do you have some split.

I'd say so long as the work was good, rather than neutral. Then having a right or left perspective shouldn't matter. I disagreed with a lot of Colin Moriarty's opinions for example, but always thought he was a very good writer.

But I don't know of any other good writers who are obviously right-leaning. That's mostly due to my own ignorance of not paying attention to what site or writer I'm reading most of the time. Like I said, I read whatever grabs my interest and I either agree or disagree. But again it comes back to if such writers were so high-quality, their own platforms would be much larger.

Where are the right-leaning alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Penn wrote: »
    I don't look for left-leaning writers
    Because you don't even need to :D

As for non-lefty games coverage, most of it is just stuff on youtube, social media etc. I can list some youtubers I sub to if you wish.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    People you can chalk up to Nazis, women haters and racists. People like the quartering.
    Lol. I would pay money for you to accuse him of these things and list the evidence on a podcast with him. That would be feckin' comedy gold. Here's his nazi website btw: https://www.exclusivelygames.com/

There's a possible Valve corp leak btw. Just found 4GB of TF2 and CSGO data, source code perhaps. Can't link because there's nobody reporting it and the only source direct links to the content, which may be illegal. Wonder what this will cause :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd just mention his support of gamergate and drop the mic. Nothing else needs to be said.

As for non-lefty games coverage, most of it is just stuff on youtube, social media etc. I can list some youtubers I sub to if you wish.

If they're along the same lines as Quartering, Oneangrygamer, nichegamer... no thanks. Like I said, if that's the quality of right-leaning writers I can see why bigger organisations don't hire them.

But feel free to list a few other names. To be as fair as possible, there's a game I'm considering buying that I've watched a few reviews for on Youtube. What I'll do is I'll search the videos of someone you list to see if they've done any videos on it, and I'll give it a watch over the next day or two in order to compare with other reviewers/writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If they're along the same lines as Quartering, Oneangrygamer, nichegamer... no thanks. Like I said, if that's the quality of right-leaning writers I can see why bigger organisations don't hire them.

But feel free to list a few other names. To be as fair as possible, there's a game I'm considering buying that I've watched a few reviews for on Youtube. What I'll do is I'll search the videos of someone you list to see if they've done any videos on it, and I'll give it a watch over the next day or two in order to compare with other reviewers/writers.

In what world are any of them just right leaning, 2 of them are fringe and nichegamer while professionally dodge isn't really anything.

• Advertisement

If they're along the same lines

I don't know what those lines are. Hated and outed by the hypocritical mainstream game journo clique? Constantly lied about with no evidence? Have ever covered #gg honestly? Kinda hard to list content that goes against the degenerate clique if the condition is that it can't go against the clique :pac:

Censored Gaming
    Appabend
    Adored TV
    Accursed Farms
    LianaK
    Game Objective
    Memology 101
    Lack of Entertainment
    Raging Golden Eagle
    Rahetalius
    Richard Lewis
    SidAlpha
    Sophia Narwitz
    Super Bunnyhop
    RazorFist
    TL;DR;VG
    YongYea
    UEG
    Worth A Buy
    YellowSuperNintendo

In what world are any of them just right leaning, 2 of them are fringe and nichegamer while professionally dodge isn't really anything.

Quartering is just "SJWS!!!" anger for the sake of it, and OAG is just "The women are sexy in this game so I like it!". Seriously, when I made my previous post I went on OAG, found a retro review for Uncharted 2, and one of the Pro points was "Chloe is still sexy". I remember finding the same in other reviews last time Robert Ninja posted a link to that site.

When reading a review, I'd rather not think about whether the reviewer played with his "other joypad" during the game.

Can't remember the issue I had with nichegamer from looking at them previously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't remember the issue I had with nichegamer from looking at them previously.

No need to do a deep dive here: The years of plagiarising another site, and the owner then lying by blaming a ‘ghost writer’ for it (all acknowledged in his own apology), should hopefully say all that needs to be said in that particular case :)

I haven't read critic reviews in years... from any site. Scanning user reviews on steam and seeing what people are saying on forums n' such is where I get an idea for what's going on for a particular title. That and streams/footage of the game in action ofc. Things that come up often in many small reviews are much more helpful than one big review from some pathetic journo getting triggered by boobs or not even covering something because they're racist freaks or the devs reject their #gg lies. See this video which I've linked a few times here now for what I mean.

Gaming sites and content creators I use more for keeping up with what's happening, behavior of publishers, devs, "journalists" etc. Rarely do I desire their opinion if the game is fun. I did recently see a video of someone praising the hell out of a game. I didn't come across as a review because it wasn't formulaic, more of just yelling "Check out this awesome game I found!", and I appreciate that because it looked riiight up my ally.

I couldn't download the Valve corp leaks btw. MEGA kept timing me out for bandwidth usage :rolleyes: I wanted to see if there was any source code I could learn from in there. Hoping someone covers it if they were legit leaks. The potential good would be seeing how actual successful games are coded, possibly better modding and clone projects for TF2. :D The potential bad is more malicious hackers :(

Not effecting the game or release apparently much but the publisher for Cyberpunk in Poland has filed for bankruptcy, they were in a bad way and the September delay and probably Corona too finished them off. They're called CDP and used to be part of the CD PROJEKT group but bought themselves out years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hmm, this (journalism talk) sounds less like news and more like something a separate thread should be created for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

RDR2 is coming to Gamepass next month, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CatInABox wrote: »

That's a great add, not everyone's cuppa but the Online is great.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Aren’t people suffering enough at the moment, Microsoft and Rockstar?!

:pac:

Just Xbox or is it PC too.

Edit think I found my own answer, it's not on the MS store for PC so probably not unless they're adding it too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just Xbox or is it PC too.

Edit think I found my own answer, it's not on the MS store for PC so probably not unless they're adding it too.

Just Xbox.

See here.

Dice just announced that the summer update for BFV will be the last new content added to the game, and apparently since they've said the content won't be a new chapter it's unlikely to be western front.
    Leaks had the next BF game wasn't to be until 2021.

Battlefront 2 got there in the end but BFV won't now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Valve leaks are common on radiators.

But there's an easy fix, anyone can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,150 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I had to google Travis Scott. I'm getting so old.

That does look fantastic though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think Trump is right about injecting disinfectant if this is what the future holds for is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I never played Fortnite, but I thought the point is to kill each other, so is everyone invincible during these concerts and other events?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I never played Fortnite, but I thought the point is to kill each other, so is everyone invincible during these concerts and other events?

Yeah, you can't be killed during these events anymore.

I've zero interest in Travis Scott's music but I watched the young lad play through this event and it was pretty cool too be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just a warning.

Major spoilers have been posted online for The Last of us 2. Videos and images. They are spreading around social media like wildfire.

Its rumoured to have come from a disgruntled ex employee of Naughty Dog.

I think Playstation need to just release it now to mitigate the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Release it ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Homelander

Not a Fortnite fan but that concert event actually is pretty cool, I think.

• Gears Tactics looks good

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement