Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

Whatever problems there are with Bethesda’s engine/editor/technology - in its current or previous forms and the many permutations in between - are amplified and IMO drowned out by the fact they seemingly haven’t bothered to evolve their game design in any meaningful direction since the 360 days.

True.
    Fallout 4 remains one of the laziest, blandest sequels to a major franchise that I’ve played.

I enjoyed it.

That Crysis game better be next gen only. Wonder if it's gonna be cryengine, lumberyard or maybe Frostbite?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found fallout 4 complete thrash as well. One of the most over rated games in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I found fallout 4 complete thrash as well. One of the most over rated games in a long time.

Have this on my to do list, starting to wonder should I even bother :confused:

Loved fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Loved fallout 3
    Try speed run it. That way, you'll be finished with it quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,561 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Loved fallout 3

If you do play it, a gentleman by the name of Preston Garvey may ask you to help out a settlement. He is actually the devil so just run away until you can no longer hear him. Makes the game much more enjoyable. 'enjoyable' is a stretch but he definitely makes it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,931 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Loved fallout 3

Play the Witcher 3 instead. Or Outer Wilds. Or disco elysium. Or any other western rpg. Loads out there that are better uses of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Fallout 4 was great, the first few hours threw me as you had power armour, weapons and more ammo than you could shake a stick at. I actually gave up and stopped playing it.

Then a few months later I went back and "got" The new game. It was great, played it all the way through and liked it.

But there are better games out there.

Loved fallout 3

If you play modern Fallout like it's a shooter, absolutely. If you're an old schooler who remembers Fallout for being a witty decently written rpg you might be let down.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/13/how-fallout-76s-wastelanders-expansion-changes-bethesdas-online-rpg-for-the-better/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This makes me want to try Fallout 76 again* and i feel dirty because of it

*I played a free weekend, walked out of the vault to see 2 naked guys hitting each other with golf clubs (iirc) and they chased me trying to do the same. I ran away, looked around for 5 minutes and turned it off.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/04/13/how-fallout-76s-wastelanders-expansion-changes-bethesdas-online-rpg-for-the-better/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

This makes me want to try Fallout 76 again* and i feel dirty because of it

*I played a free weekend, walked out of the vault to see 2 naked guys hitting each other with golf clubs (iirc) and they chased me trying to do the same. I ran away, looked around for 5 minutes and turned it off.

I don't know, that sounds way more interesting than any other stories I heard about it.

Then again I like the cho aniki games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So this came out of nowhere - a new XCOM game, releasing next week on Steam. What's more, it's only going to be a tenner for the first week or so it's on sale!

XCOM: Chimera Squad

Some gameplay can be seen here.

So it's a standalone, in that you don't need any of the previous games to play. Gameplay features tweaked mechanics, new modes, and your squad consisting of both humans and aliens. Preemptive strike against Gears Tactics?

Edit: Osmosis Jones already started a dedicated thread.

Day 1 on that, can't wait.

I would bet it also hits switch this year too, looks made for it; stripped back lighting, particle effects etc.

Cracking 2K humble bundle package. Really wish this made it to consoles as well.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/2ks-game-together?view=Ti26Q7sgg3Zi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cracking 2K humble bundle package. Really wish this made it to consoles as well.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/2ks-game-together?view=Ti26Q7sgg3Zi

Would settle for their consoles bundles wokring on EU accounts, while it's not a huge deal to make a US account it's better if it did have an EU option.

Varik wrote: »
    Would settle for their consoles bundles wokring on EU accounts, while it's not a huge deal to make a US account it's better if it did have an EU option.

I didn't realise you could get it on consoles at all, must look into it if i can get them on ps4. Multiple games I'd like from that list.

Edit: can't see any console actions, just steam, Windows, mac and linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I didn't realise you could get it on consoles at all, must look into it if i can get them on ps4. Multiple games I'd like from that list.

Edit: can't see any console actions, just steam, Windows, mac and linux.

They're usually separate bundles.

Some old ones from the US blog

Varik wrote: »
    They're usually separate bundles.

Some old ones from the US blog

Must keep a lookout going forward but they're shyte bundles compared to the pc ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Must keep a lookout going forward but their shyte bundles compared to the pc ones.

Yeah they seem to only do ps4 humble bundles once a year, they are never great anyway.

The issue there is Steam key generation is free, it's not for consoles.

That bundle is a bit expensive in my eyes, and full of quite old titles. Humble is kinda declining. Fanatical has been eating their lunch with their bundles recently. People have been putting it down to Steam starting to offer refunds but it's only Humble not doing great (mostly). I blame the IGN takeover.

Rumours that Days Gone could be coming to PC. Amazon France listed it (as they did with HZD). Not a game I'd be eager to play, but I'm sure some would enjoy it.

• Advertisement

I'm all for more people getting to play games. Either Sony is going full mutliplat like Microsoft or else there will be a days gone 2 on ps5 and hoping it drums up interest.

Wish they would bring the only PS4 exclusive that matters to PC, bloodborne

Yes!

Amazon France also posted the last of us 2 for pc. Amazon...

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1250480795619377158?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Rumours that Days Gone could be coming to PC. Amazon France listed it (as they did with HZD). Not a game I'd be eager to play, but I'm sure some would enjoy it.

I played maybe just over an hour of it a few weeks ago. Have to say, really didn't grab me. The crafting, fighting and stealth just seemed really clunky. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it. Might go back to it at some point as still very early in the game obviously, but even though I was excited for it pre-launch, just not feeling the love for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Penn wrote: »
    I played maybe just over an hour of it a few weeks ago. Have to say, really didn't grab me. The crafting, fighting and stealth just seemed really clunky. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it. Might go back to it at some point as still very early in the game obviously, but even though I was excited for it pre-launch, just not feeling the love for it.

It was my game of the year that year and still one of the best story led open world Games I've ever played. It doesn't hold your hand so the early game is tricky but once you do some exploring and figure out some mechanics (like getting petrol at gas stations) and learn some skills it really starts to flow.

All those PS4 titles (and Mario Odyssey) added to Amazon France as PC titles turned out to be a hoax.

Last of Us Part II was up there, so not unsurprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Looks like it was leaked. Crysis Remastered coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Proper announcement probably coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Looks like it was leaked. Crysis Remastered coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Proper announcement probably coming soon

What can they remaster? it still holds up now a pc melting game.

What do they wanna fcuk over a few consoles now ?

I have 9900k and 1080ti and when i tried to play this in 4k with everything Ultra, stiill couldnt get it playable.

• Advertisement

They could convert the engine to one that supports a lot more parallel processing. It would work fine then. Digital Foundry did a very good video and the issue with the game is it's still very much single threaded. It would work beautifully if they get it working in a multithread environment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement