Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Shiminay wrote: »
    Nintendo once again proving that they're an awful company with massively anti-consumer practices and no one seems to ever call them on it...

Their bull**** prices on the digital store are really starting to grate on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shiminay wrote: »
    Nintendo once again proving that they're an awful company with massively anti-consumer practices and no one seems to ever call them on it...

Yeah but they give us Mario and Zelda so we should be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Reading up on it. It's not all of South america or the Caribbean, the countries that are included never really had a proper eshop. All they could do it enter codes and update/patch. Looking up older forum and news post it seem the normal thing to do was either set the country to Mexico to get content in Spanish and get the full store or to another country for cheaper games.

Mexico has full eshop and Brazil only has full 3dS they've not got a shop at all for WiiU.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Gears Tactics finished installing for me (I love Gamepass) about 2 hours ago and I'm waiting for half 5 to roll around so I can give it a look. I always thought the Gears games were pretty boring and slow for something that was supposed to be all action, so it'll be nice to have a game that's meant to be slow :D

So this game has friendly fire :D Accidentally shot a guy in the back doing the tutorial - guess it's good I figured that out now... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

PUBG announced for Stadia today, available immediately!
    Free for those with Stadia Pro, €30/€40 to buy without Pro.
    Free 2 months Pro to any new players also :)

• Advertisement

So this game has friendly fire :D Accidentally shot a guy in the back doing the tutorial - guess it's good I figured that out now... :D

Something to note, that even if the game say you've a ~100% chance to hit but you've a teammate or another enemy in the line of sight you'll hit them instead.

You seem to get partial hits on multiple if they're lined up right too even if you only aimed at one.

Runescape just got sold for $530 million, anyone use to play that. Still going after ~20 years.

• Shiminay wrote: »

It's excellent so far. Nobody talking about it.

It removes some of the issues I have with XCOM games in general

The stupid RNG mechanic for attacks in XCOM games is much less random here

Also the gears universe fits perfectly for this type of game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

TBS games are my favourite, but I'm PS4 and my gaming laptop is a bit old.

I got Phoenix Point about two months ago and wasnt crazy about it. A ****tier X-COM really. I wonder if my laptop could handle this on potato settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

What's a couple of examples of their anti-consumer practices?

Nintendo seem to get called out for a lot for stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Assassin's Creed Valhalla to be revealed on their YouTube channel tomorrow at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Making an announcement about an upcoming announcement seems very Ubisoft to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ERG89 wrote: »

It's just third party games, Microsoft are going to have a different event for their own games later in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Xbox just announced Sony showing off something new?
    Since wasn't it the day they gave more info on the specs that Sony revealed the controller?
    What will the reveal on May 7th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bringing the world together to celebrate video games from the comfort of home. Summer Game Fest is a season of digital video game events from publishers, select playable content, in-game events, and more to be announced

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So some absolute maniacs are releasing Hoshi wo Miru Hito on the switch..... Worldwide

Not familiar with that name?

Well here is an explanation.

In Japan there is a term, kusoge, reserved for **** games. It literally translates to **** game.

Hoshi wo Miru Hito has its own term coined for it.

The legendary kusoge.

I watched a speed run at this years agdq and it really is that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's just third party games....

You should be taken out back and whipped for this comment Sir :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Huntdown coming to PS4 on 12th may. Looks class, kinda like Broforce. Any pc people play it and recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Huntdown coming to PS4 on 12th may. Looks class, kinda like Broforce. Any pc people play it and recommend it?

Simultaneous release on all platforms I think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Hav'nt laughed so hard at a trailor in years. That voiceover.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Smiles35 wrote: »
    Hav'nt laughed so hard at a trailor in years. That voiceover.

It felt like it was trying too hard and failing to be funny.

Game does look fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »
    Simultaneous release on all platforms I think?

I thought it was out on pc already and now releasing to consoles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It felt like it was trying too hard and failing to be funny.

Game does look fun though.

Same. Game looks excellent, but I'm very much done with that winking pastiche of 80s schlock. But then we're talking about it, so the promotion worked *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1257289240230141959?s=19

For a next gen game I think Gollum looks a bit....yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

It does look a bit rough, but they're a small enough B-tier developer so I wouldn't take it as any early indication of next gen games just yet. Maybe we'll see it in motion soon and it'll look a bit better. Hopefully!

Gollum is also meant to be the protagonist added that they can't make it too movie like as this is licensed from the books.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think it looks fine, but I don't care that much about what is or isn't "next gen" in appearance. Has a nice balance between artistic and realistic so will be interesting to see it in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's only a rumour at the moment, but there might be a new Prince of Persia on the way (according to a domain name registration - DSOG). Loved the early games, but who knows what they'd do with a reboot/relaunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I recently replayed the trilogy and loved it. Just a perfect series of games honestly. I absolutely do not want a sequel because of the monstrosity that Ubisoft is now and the obsession with sequels/remakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement