Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was trying to count the number of PoP games to see how it could be called 6. Couldn't work it out, unless they just go with Sands of Time, Two Thrones, Warrior Within, Forgotten Sands and 2008.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    It's only a rumour at the moment, but there might be a new Prince of Persia on the way (according to a domain name registration - DSOG). Loved the early games, but who knows what they'd do with a reboot/relaunch.

A good excuse to (re?) post this interview with the original Prince of Persia Devs & how they thrashed out the original game's then amazing GFX. When I watch these kind of docs, it reminds how early GameDev was as much Hail Mary engineering as it was programming IMO

• Naughty dog getting called out for poor working conditions again I see

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Naughty dog getting called out for poor working conditions again I see

On top of everything else going on, I'm glad I don't have to juggle the pressure of an employer passive-aggressively reminding me I "don't have to" work until midnight (with all the heavy winking that infers).

And sure it'll just keep happening until unionisation can give employees some representation (at which point, developers will totally coincidentally close their US offices)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was trying to count the number of PoP games to see how it could be called 6. Couldn't work it out, unless they just go with Sands of Time, Two Thrones, Warrior Within, Forgotten Sands and 2008.

Could argue that 6 its the next next game and this will be 5.

They're only crossing the T and dotting the i, the games were never number anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skater XL coming to PS4 7th July. Is this the same game that way announced for xbox at e3? Thought it was exclusive.

Edit: nvm, the xbox one is Session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It felt like it was trying too hard and failing to be funny.

Game does look fun though.

Those imitation video trailor voiceovers are old jokes in themselves. Slowly drawing them out over the course of the whole trailer is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Penn wrote: »

Huh; forgot we're still getting a Borderlands movie. Blanchett's quite the coup, and she has comedic chops. Not sure it's enough to make me want to sit through 2 hours of its "humour" via Eli Roth though. My tolerance definitely topped out at the sequel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mortal Kombat 11 DLC later this month. Adds new story chapters and three new fighters; Fujin, Sheeva and... Robocop.

A free update will also bring back some klassic stages, stage fatalities, and Friendships.

• pixelburp wrote: »
    On top of everything else going on, I'm glad I don't have to juggle the pressure of an employer passive-aggressively reminding me I "don't have to" work until midnight (with all the heavy winking that infers).

And sure it'll just keep happening until unionisation can give employees some representation (at which point, developers will totally coincidentally close their US offices)

Neil Druckman released a video on YouTube today

Really looks like damage control

It's one of the most disliked videos I've ever seen and the comments are not even on

The Golf Club has been rebranded to PGA Tour 2K. Next game announced, full details on the 14th May.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/1258033781807763456?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1258151936747925505

If true, as someone who never played much of the DLC I'm looking forward to this if EA didn't outsource it to complete idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New news from 2012 :)

Seems this video was a pitch for Prince of Persia Redemption and was posted on youtube back in 2012 but only resurfaced now for some reason.
    Apologies to anyone whose hopes I might have got up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Elden Ring news please. Before I go hollow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Golf Club has been rebranded to PGA Tour 2K. Next game announced, full details on the 14th May.

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR2K/status/1258033781807763456?s=19

Wonder if they'll fill the game out anymore. Would be nice for every golfer to not be exactly the same in terms of stats.

Julez wrote: »
    Wonder if they'll fill the game out anymore. Would be nice for every golfer to not be exactly the same in terms of stats.

I'd be happy if they eased up on the putting, made it less frustratingly random/hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Some trailers are dropping for new games. With no E3 this year and games companies loving to drop trailers before E3 anyways I think we're gonna get a look at some interesting new titles soon.

Some trailers are dropping for new games. With no E3 this year and games companies loving to drop trailers before E3 anyways I think we're gonna get a look at some interesting new titles soon.

Any rumours on what to expect, or look out for?

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »

Summer Game Fest seems to be keeping track of most of if not all announcements.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058075330/1

pixelburp wrote: »

IGN are saying that at Insider Xbox today (which should be streamed 4pm our time) new games will be revealed and they are saying new Xbox Series X games.

Actually just paused typing to confirm that and yup by Microsoft itself they say they will reveal series X gameplay today. Sweet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All third party games though. Hopefully some exciting stuff but don't think I can get excited about reviews from games from the usual suspects.

Pretty sure all if not most of these games will be cross generational so doubt we will see what these new machines are truly capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This looks interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is that the one from the co-creator of Halo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Inside Xbox, with Series X gameplay reveal of third party games, is starting at 4 today.

Inside Xbox has been embarrassingly bad at times, but at least this time the show is limited to an hour.

That silent hill composer game looks alright. But I have already forgotten it's name :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ this ****e is cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was that it? I'd hardly call that Valhalla video "gameplay".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Vicxas wrote: »
    Christ this ****e is cringe

As I said, embarrassingly bad.

Some games look good though.

Quite hilarious of Microsoft to say "We heard you, so it's all gameplay, now here's a bunch of in game cut scenes".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement