Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    The severs aren't down, they haven't even started up yet. They're not going up until Monday to stop people that managed to get it before the retail date going online. Hence the reason why there is only Combat Training with bots on YouTube.

Had I known that I wouldn't have got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Everyone seems to be getting the standard edition. Little Girls.

iMuse wrote: »
    Nuke town will be included inside the box of all first run copies, so even if you get it in tesco you will still get it.. Servers should be up today, you can play against bots in local multiplayer though and use all the weapons etc.

Had a quick game there against bots. Few things I noticed (only played for 10 mins)

The FAL is fully auto
    You can have ghost and some other perk (can't remember the name) but it keeps you off enemy stuff. Bit crap. Ghost only works when moving, planting and defusing bombs.
    Killstreaks count towards next killstreak (possibly on in training).
    Killstreaks repeat without dying.
    Sniping is a lot easier than Black Ops I

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Everyone seems to be getting the standard edition. Little Girls.

Yeah everyone's queuing up to buy the hardened for an extra zombie map and a 2 plastic coins :rolleyes: Hardened is a serious waste of money, They will include the zombie map in a map pack like they did with moon and the W@W zombie maps that came with blops1 hardened edition. They obviously say they have no plans to release the map separate to get more people to fork out more.

Had a quick game there against bots. Few things I noticed (only played for 10 mins)

The FAL is fully auto
    You can have ghost and some other perk (can't remember the name) but it keeps you off enemy stuff. Bit crap. Ghost only works when moving, planting and defusing bombs.
    Killstreaks count towards next killstreak (possibly on in training).
    Killstreaks repeat without dying.
    Sniping is a lot easier than Black Ops I

Yeah you can use select fire to turn burst fire / single shot weapons into full auto. The kill streaks don't repeat when you die, but your Dogs kills etc count towards your next set of kill streaks. Yeah I think the sniping is way too easy, try out the DSR with ballistic CPU and laser sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Yeah everyone's queuing up to buy the hardened for an extra zombie map and a 2 plastic coins :rolleyes: Hardened is a serious waste of money, They will include the zombie map in a map pack like they did with moon and the W@W zombie maps that came with blops1 hardened edition. They obviously say they have no plans to release the map separate to get more people to fork out more.

You also get a soundtrack CD and exclusive player cards. It's worth the extra €20 cos I ordered my Hardened edition for €70 which isn't much different than the standard price for the extras. Nicer casing, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so you get nuketown 2025 regardless? sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Has anyone got definite confirmation that nuketown 2025 comes with all standard editions if not pre ordered?

krudler wrote: »
    so you get nuketown 2025 regardless? sweet

What it looks like to me anyways. As I said earlier, never pre-ordered and didn't ask for any fancy edition.

Page that tells you when the servers will be online elkat

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

• Advertisement

Page that tells you when the servers will be online elkat

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/status

Cheers man, tried that link earlier but got a 404 error message. Seems to be working again. Doesn't really say anything though. No time frame that I can see of.
    CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II SERVERS ARE OFFLINE IN PREPARATION FOR THE GAME'S WORLDWIDE LAUNCH ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Okay, kinda getting into the CoD mood today. God dammit :(

Nuketown being in standard editions, since I didn't pre-order it is winning me over somewhat. Plus if it's crap, I can still trade it for Far Cry 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So if nuketowns in the standard edition whats the point of pre-ordering?

Just want to point out that I don't know what the difference between pre-ordering/getting nuketown etc is.

Hope people here don't start giving out to me if they get a normal, non pre-ordered, edition and it doesn't come with Nuketown.

Just want to point out that I don't know what the difference between pre-ordering/getting nuketown etc is.

Hope people here don't start giving out to me if they get a normal, non pre-ordered, edition and it doesn't come with Nuketown.

Theres youtubers who have done unboxing videos (sad i know lol) and the code for nuketown is included and they didnt preordered the same as you.

First annoyance I see with the game is that scavanger resupplies claymores, you can have 2 on the map like in MW2. It resupplies shock charges etc aswell so a flak jacket and tac mask class will be needed against teams who will spam them. I think it will encourage camping.

Care packages for €300
    Hardened Xbox €120
    Hardened PS3 €140

photo-28.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Care packages for €300

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Care packages for €300
    Hardened Xbox €120
    Hardened PS3 €140

Surely they aren't the retail prices though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Might take the Tuesday off college for BO2, not sure, but to be honest, Tuesdays are doss days in my Module. In the morning my Lecturer is ALWAYS an hour late, web development after that is a simple 'do your own thing' class and then it's "Personal and Professional Development" So yeah, safe to say Tuesdays are a given.

List price is 80 dollars for Hardened on amazon.com though, im confused

hardly going to be an extra 60 euro for 2 maps, the book, soundtrack and 2 coins

Gamestop's site said that Hardened is like €88 and Carepackage is €192 or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Finally preordered :pac:

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Might take the Tuesday off college for BO2, not sure, but to be honest, Tuesdays are doss days in my Module. In the morning my Lecturer is ALWAYS an hour late, web development after that is a simple 'do your own thing' class and then it's "Personal and Professional Development" So yeah, safe to say Tuesdays are a given.

I have 8 hours of lectures so its safe to say I won't be taking any day off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

im off monday, by some miracle it would be great to pick it up early but i wont hold my breath, dying to get my hands on zombies.

I have 8 hours of lectures so its safe to say I won't be taking any day off :p

I know that feel

i-know-that-feel.jpg

I can imagine people running a two perk combo of Scavenger and Flak Jacket in BO2 to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This time last year I knew all the streaks and perks and the like for MW3, the only killstreak I know is in Blops 2 is the rc-xd, other than that I've no idea, I kinda like this going in blind thing, is anything looking like a gamebreaker? is Ghost back?

Advertisement