Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

What are the chances of me getting it tomorrow with an post of gamestop.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

What are the chances of me getting it tomorrow with an post of gamestop.ie?

Zero chance as they are only posted 2moro, More chance you will see it on Wednesday, I know a few people didn't get theirs till wed last year, I went with the express option so it will 100% be there Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Keno 92 wrote: »
    First CoD I have not purchased since CoD 4.

Same here buddy, at least I'm not planning on buying it.

I'll probably crack come Christmas though

Damn Leaving Cert

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I am worried about the lack of recoil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone know when we could expect to see reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

SeaNanners blops2 elite profile
    https://elite.callofduty.com/career/playercardops2/xbox/d481acfcf9b866a49bb5aab8857d553c#ops2_career_summary_anchor

he's played for 15.5 hours and is level 51, 3.3hrs to prestige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

A review for the single player campaign is out. Its in Danish but this site basically sums it up and has links to original review.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10660/article/black-ops-2-gets-first-review-mentions-many-of-its-coolest-moments-happen-on-autopilot/

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seamus LFC

Saw this and thought of yimrag

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ hahahahaha!

the graphics look much better than Blops1, love the sunlight flare on the surfaces.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

any ideas on the ingame audio? like headsets on bops1 was fine, on MW3 talking and hearing your teammates was awful :(

• Advertisement

Audio has had a massive improvement by the sounds of it.

I think the sound is the same as blops. There is no "Sound Whoring" even with dead silence and awareness equiped. Treyarch games have always had inferior sound to IW games imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I know it shouldn't, but the fact that the sound when you ran in Black Ops was completely out of sync annoyed the fook out of me!

everlast75 wrote: »
    I know it shouldn't, but the fact that the sound when you ran in Black Ops was completely out of sync annoyed the fook out of me!

I loved how they tried to say it was to prevent soundwhoring, no, it was just sh1tty sound design. it was terrible, your footsteps werent in sync in the slightest it was just random running and equipment noise. compared to MW2 it was so amateur, which has brilliant sound design, like hearing the burnt out metal on blown up cars creak and the sound of your equipment moving around as you ran and climbed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

According to the Youtubers, the sound is a step above previous CoD's. Treyarch contracted in a top-notch audio team and they're saying every penny spent is on show in-game. But of course the commentators are biased so we'll have to wait....

I think Treyarch make better CoD games. IW are finished, Activision have already given Sledgehammer rough shot over multiplayer. IW will have limited input into the next title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I've noticed the sound is a lot quieter. For instance, on Off Shore, when you're running it sounds like the riverdance or something with all the pitter patter. On this, I've not noticed any difference in sound from running on different surfaces.

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    According to the Youtubers, the sound is a step above previous CoD's. Treyarch contracted in a top-notch audio team and they're saying every penny spent is on show in-game. But of course the commentators are biased so we'll have to wait....

I think Treyarch make better CoD games. IW are finished, Activision have already given Sledgehammer rough shot over multiplayer. IW will have limited input into the next title.

Treyarch for balance, IW for presentation imo. Can't fault Treyarchs after sales patching and the like. compare to IW fixing the Fuel rock glitch 9 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah, the fuel rock glitch. That brought new meaning to the phrase "wtf just happened!"

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Ah, the fuel rock glitch. That brought new meaning to the phrase "wtf just happened!"

mm, was annoying cos lobbing grenades had no effect, you had to just blast away hoping you'd hit them or snipe them through the rock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    Treyarch for balance, IW for presentation imo. Can't fault Treyarchs after sales patching and the like. compare to IW fixing the Fuel rock glitch 9 months later.

Black ops 1 looks at least 10 times more appealing than MW3, i also prefer the look of blops over nearly any other CoD aswel. MW3 was a saturated mess in the graphical department imo, really depressing game.

From what i've seen of blops 2 it looks nice and colorful, hopefully there's a nice balance over all the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Magill wrote: »

Black ops 1 looks at least 10 times more appealing than MW3, i also prefer the look of blops over nearly any other CoD aswel. MW3 was a saturated mess in the graphical department imo, really depressing game.

From what i've seen of blops 2 it looks nice and colorful, hopefully there's a nice balance over all the maps.

Get it on ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Get it on ps3

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Get it on ps3

ha, consolelolololol ! seriously tho, I don't have my PS3 in belfast, my sister ordered it tho, so i'll beable to play a few games when im back in newry on PS3.. show you noobs how to play call of duty.

srumball wrote: »

why?

Hi

ha, consolelolololol ! seriously tho, I don't have my PS3 in belfast, my sister ordered it tho, so i'll beable to play a few games when im back in newry on PS3.. show you noobs how to play call of duty.

I'll get it at some stage, wait for them to iron out the inevitable issues first!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The lack of reviews is incredibly telling...

FutureGuy wrote: »

Really? I think most people who have played COD before know what to expect, Its pretty much impossible to review a predominantly multiplayer game when the servers have been up 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

FutureGuy wrote: »

Think there's normally a hold on the reviews for cod till release day. Not too sure why ,can only assume its some agreement between activision and gaming sites ,that they get the game early for reviews if they don't release the review till launch day.Reckon it'll get 8 out of 10 (docked 2 as not a big enough change in format)by most sites going on past reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Hopefully I should get mine tomorrow with Gamestop with AN Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm defo finding the lack of reviews worrying, we're less than 8 hours from release and there isn't a single word about it yet. I'll still pick it up but I'd like to read an opinion or 2 on it beforehand.

• Advertisement

I dunno I found Blops to be very brown,except ones like Nuketown and Kowloon and a few others. MW3 is as well though bar a few maps, although that being said COD4 was very dull looking in places as well, theres a few maps that seem to be constructed purely out of orange. MW2 is the best looking COD game imo, loads of variety in the maps.

Advertisement