Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Demolition in Combat training?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

IPAM wrote: »

What i thought, but it looks to easy to get kills and the kill feed shows (3arc) like it did in black ops 1.

Maybe they added other game modes to combat training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

IPAM wrote: »

They said they added team based games to combat training. Also said something like you can level your first 10-15 levels of multi-player in combat training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Here's some newly uploaded Zombies footage for those who can't wait until next Tuesday
    nice video at the bottom of the page, just ignore the torrent stuff, as we cant discuss it here
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/376685/black-ops-2-leaked-to-torrent-sites-treyarch-comments-on-pre-release-play/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

seems it leaked onto the torrent sites today for pc and xbox, expect many gameplay vids in the coming hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

srumball wrote: »
    seems it leaked onto the torrent sites today for pc and xbox, expect many gameplay vids in the coming hours!!

Just the xbox but not sure if it actually works.Give it a day or two though and I'm sure there'll be a working version doing the rounds and youtube will be swamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Its works alright ;) Game is awesome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

iMuse wrote: »
    Its works alright ;) Game is awesome

That's what everyone said last November too. Just wait until January and people will be pissed again. Why? Because it's nothing we haven't played before. This game is not coming out next week, we've been playing it for 5 years now.

Take into consideration COD4. There was countless people still playing COD4 even though W@W was out for the best part of a year. W@W didn't last as long as COD4 and MW2 didn't last as long as W@W. The "entertainment period" of Call of Duty has been getting significantly shorter and shorter every year. I don't want to put a downer on things because I know a lot of people are excited, just don't get disappointed if you're not blown away because remember, you've played this game before.

I also have serious reservations about this DLC business. Now I can understand the financial incentive for companies to get the pre-orders in but last years Elite or this years "Seasons Pass" actually drops the quality of DLC the community receives as opposed to better. For example, when Activision gets in DLC pre-order numbers, theres no motivation to create a quality product that will be bought and sold depending on it's contents. They already have your money so they're not fighting for anything at this stage. I believe if less people pre-bought DLC packages, the content quality would actually increase. Just food for thought but the way it is, there is no incentive to deliver quality content in CoD anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    That's what everyone said last November too. Just wait until January and people will be pissed again. Why? Because it's nothing we haven't played before. This game is not coming out next week, we've been playing it for 5 years now.

Take into consideration COD4. There was countless people still playing COD4 even though W@W was out for the best part of a year. W@W didn't last as long as COD4 and MW2 didn't last as long as W@W. The "entertainment period" of Call of Duty has been getting significantly shorter and shorter every year. I don't want to put a downer on things because I know a lot of people are excited, just don't get disappointed if you're not blown away because remember, you've played this game before.

I also have serious reservations about this DLC business. Now I can understand the financial incentive for companies to get the pre-orders in but last years Elite or this years "Seasons Pass" actually drops the quality of DLC the community receives as opposed to better. For example, when Activision gets in DLC pre-order numbers, theres no motivation to create a quality product that will be bought and sold depending on it's contents. They already have your money so they're not fighting for anything at this stage. I believe if less people pre-bought DLC packages, the content quality would actually increase. Just food for thought but the way it is, there is no incentive to deliver quality content in CoD anymore.

Yeah well I can't wait for it! I have great faith in Treyarch that they will provide a decent game this year WAW and BLOPS were my favourite COD games in the last couple of years! People aren't forced to buy it, so roll on next week!

I still play Black Ops and enjoy it a lot. The missus is partial to the odd evening of Dom or Wager matches also.... always a plus!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,872 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

For the people who have ops 2, how does it play compared to ops 1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Zombie gameplay and new multiplayer map vids...

so little recoil....d'oh!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

So it turns out that the game is out here already... I'll be getting it tomorrow so :)

One of the lads in the office just went out and got Halo 4 (apparently not out till tomorrow) and they were selling Black Ops II.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Seems to be trendy having the game early so one can boast. I'm fine with waiting till the 13th. I know I'll get to play it and have fun.

Seems to be trendy having the game early so one can boast. I'm fine with waiting till the 13th. I know I'll get to play it and have fun.

Trendy? Boasting? Some people can get it early and are playing it, if I could Id be playing it right now, but I cant so Ill be waiting till release day. Cant see anyone boasting about it, atleast not here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

So it turns out that the game is out here already... I'll be getting it tomorrow so :)

One of the lads in the office just went out and got Halo 4 (apparently not out till tomorrow) and they were selling Black Ops II.

As if there wasn't enough perks to living in Malta :P

What are you on about? Who here is boasting about being trendy cause they got the game early?

I just said it's out here so will pick it up...?
    iMuse wrote: »
    As if there wasn't enough perks to living in Malta :P

Did I mention that today was 26 degrees? And it's 22 now?

:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What are you on about? Who here is boasting about being trendy cause they got the game early?

I just said it's out here so will pick it up...?

Did I mention that today was 26 degrees? And it's 22 now?

:p
    That's not a perk, that heat would kill me!

Denny M wrote: »
    That's not a perk, that heat would kill me!

In July we had a heat index of 52 :eek:

Hovered around 40-42 for about 2 weeks.

Anyways, on topic. Black Ops II :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

In July we had a heat index of 52 :eek:

Hovered around 40-42 for about 2 weeks.

Anyways, on topic. Black Ops II :pac:

I think I speak for everyone when I call you a bollox!!

Just back from the game store. The guy has copies but said the earliest he'll sell it is on Thursday. Working Thursday so will pick up a copy on break.

On the plus side, I picked up a set of X12's so you won't need to listen to me make love to a robot anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

On the plus side, I picked up a set of X12's so you won't need to listen to me make love to a robot anymore.

Thanks christ for that! I was beginning to feel a bit weird masturbating to the sound of robot love

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Just back from the game store. The guy has copies but said the earliest he'll sell it is on Thursday. Working Thursday so will pick up a copy on break.

Good ole sexatron 2000, she/it will be missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

does anyone know what price it will be?

I know this may seem like a stooopid question but the midnight release is Monday night isn't it? Not Tuesday night?

I know this may seem like a stooopid question but the midnight release is Monday night isn't it? Not Tuesday night?
    ya.its out on the 13th so midnight Monday it will be on sale from

cheers just saw an article online saying from midnight on the 13th got confused :/

cheers just saw an article online saying from midnight on the 13th got confused :/
    our welcome.do you anything about the cost of it

• Advertisement

Probably between €45 and €60 at a guess and depending on the shop. Tesco is usually pretty cheap

Advertisement