Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

They said I would get e130 on jobseekers if he came off as a dependent , would I not get 124e and half rate for the 2 kids ah I'm devasted no back pay no fis no end in sight now to getting ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

They said I would get e130 on jobseekers if he came off as a dependent , would I not get 124e and half rate for the 2 kids ah I'm devasted no back pay no fis no end in sight now to getting ahead
    you would get 188+29.80 =217.80 minus means (spouse employment) you would also lose fuel allowance if you were receiving it.
    If ye got FIS all the payments you received for your husband +half rate for kids would have to be repaid to jobseekers before your husband would get any arrears(if there was any arrears left).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

Its great to see people finally getting payments. I'm 5th September so still a long way off yet. Got a horrendus gas bill in too. Cant believe it was so much 238 euro as i am so careful with the heating and changed to Flo gas so thought I would be ok. Anyway hopefully it will come soon

217 is what I get now with fuel he said I would only get 130 in jobseekers if we went with Fis does that sound right ? Thanks for all your help so far it's so confusing...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

217 is what I get now with fuel he said I would only get 130 in jobseekers if we went with Fis does that sound right ? Thanks for all your help so far it's so confusing...
    those figures are correct going on your earlier posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It must be the means dragging the payment down, would he bring home about €295? I'm just basing that on someone I know who is getting about the same?

Am I right in thinking that if you were getting BTEA or another non means tested payment you would get €188 per week and FIS? Its just the fact that you are claiming JSA, a means tested payment that the most you can get is €130?

Also I didnt think you could get fuel allowance if there was anyone working in the household? Is he working on a scheme? Like CE scheme?

I thought I was the 7th of August, but I rooted out the letter today and discovered I was the 29th of August! Really starting to worry how I'm going to pay the creche.

He's getting about 340 a week working full time and I was getting 188 in jobseekers it will now be reduced to 130 we have 2 kids ... Sure it's so messed up we are both better off on the dole then least we would get rent allowance

He's getting about 340 a week working full time and I was getting 188 in jobseekers it will now be reduced to 130 we have 2 kids ... Sure it's so messed up we are both better off on the dole then least we would get rent allowance

Those figures are correct going on the info you have posted.Your family are better off financially staying on jobseekers than receiving FIS.If you decide to go with FIS you will have less overall income coming into the house every week because a person cant get FIS and be an adult dependant on a jobseekers claim.
    therefore most if not all the back money you would receive if you decided to claim FIS would have to be repaid to jobseekers before your arrears would be issued.As it isn't an overpayment just an overlap it cannot be repaid in instalments, it is all taken .

As for comment about the dole your family would receive at most around €440 if you were both entitled to jobseekers but if you weren't and one of you had to be an adult dependant on a claim it would be €372.40 if neither of you worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

hope people get some good news tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

I'm June 26th and still no word :( I called last week they told me our "box " still wasn't processed ! I'm actually loosing the will , my €500 ESB bill won't wait much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

liz_dow wrote: »
    I'm June 26th and still no word :( I called last week they told me our "box " still wasn't processed ! I'm actually loosing the will , my €500 ESB bill won't wait much longer

This the impression I got, as in, all the files are in boxes and they just worked through what they found.

I'm really getting worried going by the figures quoted above.

I work part time and earn about €287 per week, other half is on BTEA and gets €217 per week. We have 2 kids, does it look like we could be in the same position, ie better off on social welfare?

Therefore no 6 months of arrears...

I don't understand this better off on welfare if someone is working !
    When we were on welfare they made our lives hell even coming to our home on a random day when we had guest and telling all our personal info in front of our neighbour :(. Then he by fluke got offered a job a week later but he's working full time for €400 with 2 kids and a mortgage we are definitely better off on welfare , it's only the hope of €120 week from FiS that's keeping us going ! If they tell me I'm better off on welfare I'll scream :'(

anybody get good news on this miserable monday morning ??

I'm on hold now :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Good luck!! I'm months away yet! You through to Longford or Letterkenny. No matter who I ring, I've rang the wrong office at that time, I need to check something with them

Well any joy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Can i claim job seekers allowance if my husband is claiming fis and working full time?

After 20mins on Hold ... It's been awarded !!!!!!! Thank god !!!!!!!

I don't understand this better off on welfare if someone is working !
    When we were on welfare they made our lives hell even coming to our home on a random day when we had guest and telling all our personal info in front of our neighbour :(. Then he by fluke got offered a job a week later but he's working full time for €400 with 2 kids and a mortgage we are definitely better off on welfare , it's only the hope of €120 week from FiS that's keeping us going ! If they tell me I'm better off on welfare I'll scream :'(

If it was a case you were better off on jobseekers why would you be upset .Would you not rather receive the payment that will give you the best income into your household every week?
    btw you would need to be already on jobseekers to be told that,they aren't telling people to go on the dole, just that they are better staying on their current claim than receive FIS

Kas2010 wrote: »
    Can i claim job seekers allowance if my husband is claiming fis and working full time?

yes

• Advertisement

After 20mins on Hold ... It's been awarded !!!!!!! Thank god !!!!!!!

woohoo well done, what was your date again?

they told me id be another four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

Hi all I was awarded first payement last week but up to that point I was recieving supplementry welfare while I was awaiting claim The supp I was recieving was more than my first payement??? Should that be correct and also how long does it take for arrears to come through minus what I recieved on supplementry

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

[QUOTE=mattsd2012;82929330The supp I was recieving was more than my first payement??? Should that be correct and also how long does it take for arrears to come through minus what I recieved on supplementary[/QUOTE]
    It is possible the CWO gave you more supplement than the amount of FIS you will receive .It varies from each CWO how long it takes them to contact FIS with the amount of supplement they want to be repaid. If you are receiving less FIS per week than you received supplementary allowance there might not be any arrears for FIS to pay you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

It is possible the CWO gave you more supplement than the amount of FIS you will receive .It varies from each CWO how long it takes them to contact FIS with the amount of supplement they want to be repaid. If you are receiving less FIS per week than you received supplementary allowance there might not be any arrears for FIS to pay you.

Hi Im only recieveng supp since 25th nov and fis went in 28th june and the difference v's my supp is only 4 euro but I calculated that I should be getting 92 a week and what im recieving is 30% less than that so Im assuming they worked off my p60 and not payslips

woohoo well done, what was your date again?

they told me id be another four weeks.

My date was June 26th ! I'm so happy tonight :)

My date was June 26th ! I'm so happy tonight :)

Did you ring Longford or letterkenny? Letterkenny told me they had none, Longford said it had been moved to letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Hi all I was awarded first payement last week but up to that point I was recieving supplementry welfare while I was awaiting claim The supp I was recieving was more than my first payement??? Should that be correct and also how long does it take for arrears to come through minus what I recieved on supplementry

This happened me but I was paid the full arrears including the swa and I was advised that fis could of not taking the difference between the payments so when they calculated my amount the swa wasn't included so I was then advised about 2 months later that I owed back all the swa

Did you ring Longford or letterkenny? Letterkenny told me they had none, Longford said it had been moved to letterkenny

Longford - 1890 92 77 70

atthegame wrote: »

If it was a case you were better off on jobseekers why would you be upset .Would you not rather receive the payment that will give you the best income into your household every week?
    btw you would need to be already on jobseekers to be told that,they aren't telling people to go on the dole, just that they are better staying on their current claim than receive FIS

They actually told a PP that they would be better off !
    I'd be upset because they made our lives very difficult and I would never wish to have to go back down that office an ask for money again , I don't know what your experience was but we met the most unhelpful and condescending human beings to ever grace the earth .

• Advertisement

Longford - 1890 92 77 70

Thanks Liz, I just want to check that they have my payslips as they were sent after the boxes were moved, so if they've been moved back who knows whe they are!! Still have a long time to wait, but don't want to let it go any longer because of payslips!

Advertisement