Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Any good news for us guys?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tkjs

got my letter today however they are telling me that my partner has been claiming for me all along but the good news is we will be better off on fis ......my question is will I still be entitled to any back pay if he stops claiming for me

tkjs wrote: »
    got my letter today however they are telling me that my partner has been claiming for me all along but the good news is we will be better off on fis ......my question is will I still be entitled to any back pay if he stops claiming for me

what was your date again? surely your still entitled??

what was your date again? surely your still entitled??

July 9 th .... I reckon I should be entitled to at least the difference of what he has been getting and what we should be getting from fis but don't know for sure ....anyway will be posting it back tomorrow so will find out for definite next week

July 9 th .... I reckon I should be entitled to at least the difference of what he has been getting and what we should be getting from fis but don't know for sure ....anyway will be posting it back tomorrow so will find out for definite next week

delighted your finally getting sorted :) hope we get lots of good news this week, im august 9th so i still prob have a good bit to wait..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think thats the way it goes, the person not working will get the basic €188 per week and the difference will be taken from the FIS back money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mariemcl1986

Hi, My date is July 19th and i rang today and said it will be dealt with in the next week. I should definitely get correspondence off them. heres hoping all goes well :)

got sorted ...July 9th....... wishing ye all the best with yer application

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Congrats tkjs.Same date as me.Got letter from them on Thursday to close my job seekers claim which I did on Friday and faxed them back proof.So just waiting patiently.They did say I would be better off on fis.Im nearly pulling the postman out of his van every morning.Good luck to all waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I was awarded FIS - I got a confirmation letter today, my application date was 10/7/12. It didn't matter about my increase in income.

Happy Days :)

Best wishes folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Kirstyka wrote: »
    Congrats tkjs.Same date as me.Got letter from them on Thursday to close my job seekers claim which I did on Friday and faxed them back proof.So just waiting patiently.They did say I would be better off on fis.Im nearly pulling the postman out of his van every morning.Good luck to all waiting
    I would ring them to let them know much better than a fax.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Thanks francescoli.I faxed and posted back letter the dole office gave me as proof of claim closed.Unfortunately no credit to phone lol.Hopefully it shouldn't be too long.They have obviously worked out an amount when they say I'm better off on fis. I'm losing the will now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

Hi, My date is July 19th and i rang today and said it will be dealt with in the next week. I should definitely get correspondence off them. heres hoping all goes well :)
    Im the 19th of july rang today and I got it maybe give them a ring

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

19 of july is my date got it awarded today over the moon such a relief good look everyone

harryfreya wrote: »
    Im the 19th of july rang today and I got it maybe give them a ring

Hi
    Thanks i think i will ring them again tomorrow. Hopefully all this waiting will be worth it.

Hi
    Thanks i think i will ring them again tomorrow. Hopefully all this waiting will be worth it.
    They send out a letter once they have a decision made.I would waste time and money ringing them if you know that they are working on your date.Can take ages to get through.
    I see you rang 2 days ago.They arent going to process every claim the same day and it seems to take a week to process a week so If it hasnt been processed the best you are going to be told is ,they are working on that date and it will be processed with the next few days.

Hi
    Just to let ye know got my Fis into my bank account today. No letter stating that i was entitled to it. I presume by the amount that was put in it was my back pay also. How would i work out how much i will be getting from now on. I get paid on a monthly basis? So do i get paid off them every month. Could they be paying me in advance? I'm so relieved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Hi
    Just to let ye know got my Fis into my bank account today. No letter stating that i was entitled to it. I presume by the amount that was put in it was my back pay also. How would i work out how much i will be getting from now on. I get paid on a monthly basis? So do i get paid off them every month. Could they be paying me in advance? I'm so relieved :)

You will get paid every Thursday.and you should have a letter early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7 arthecz

I got a letter today, my application date was 9th of august, it seem like they speed up, all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

So we sent in our application mid July last year..I rang them today to see what the story was...the girl said my application date is mid September...I am turning the house upside down here looking for the letter I received off them saying they got my application, it came a couple of weeks after we sent the form away in July, I know our application date was earlier than September...she said they book the application forms into the system as soon as they get them...wondering how ours could happen to be 2 months late?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

wow the 9th August already maybe not too much longer for me fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So we sent in our application mid July last year..I rang them today to see what the story was...the girl said my application date is mid September...I am turning the house upside down here looking for the letter I received off them saying they got my application, it came a couple of weeks after we sent the form away in July, I know our application date was earlier than September...she said they book the application forms into the system as soon as they get them...wondering how ours could happen to be 2 months late?!!

Oh no, I hope you are able to find the letter and fax it to them.

After the first time I applied, I set up a seperate cheap alpha file with all those letters in.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Oh no, I hope you are able to find the letter and fax it to them.

After the first time I applied, I set up a seperate cheap alpha file with all those letters in.

I may have to do that...I am usually so careful with letters like that, but a new baba in the house (mayhem!) and a new house move just before application (even more mayhem!) I have misplaced it I think...been looking all day for it.
    They're on 9th August now so she said end of March for my date :(
    Is it less waiting when you are renewing a fis claim every year I wonder?
    I imagine what life will be like when I am not worrying about a fis claim! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I applied on the 15th November, and first payment arrived on Friday (8th). Not the back payment though - is this normal? Does the back payment come a few weeks later or are they fast with processing it once it's been awarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Has anyone received letters in the last couple of days??

i received my letter today to say i was awarded. 9th august :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Congrats lollydolly12!!!

Congrats lollydolly12!!!

thanks, its such a relief, now i did get quite the shock when after waiting so long i was told i owed healthboard over half of the arrears, due to an over payment in 05/06...... gutted. never even new, but sure what dya do..

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I'm going to ring them tomorrow to see should I forward on all my payslips since I moved over to part time hours from a CE scheme, as it's in the same company I got ugh more on Ce scheme than in job, and was doing an extra 15 hours paid as well as the scheme

• Advertisement

I'm going to ring them tomorrow to see should I forward on all my payslips since I moved over to part time hours from a CE scheme, as it's in the same company I got ugh more on Ce scheme than in job, and was doing an extra 15 hours paid as well as the scheme
    Was the CE scheme the only employment in the household? FIS isn't payable on CE schemes in that case. You or your partner would need to have another job of a min of 19 hours per week.

Advertisement