Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

1890927770 is the number I used.Think its a low call.Good luck hellraiser

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    also my wages have gone down by 50euro weekly should I notify them now or wait until I hear what is happening with my claim???

I would send them a letter and a payslip to support this before a decision is made as I understand that once a decision is made that it for 12 months. In this situation, they seems to take an average of you previous weeks wages instead of just knocking €50 off you weekly amount and awarding you the 60% of the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Carkel wrote: »
    At last a light at end if tunnel. My date is July 26th and I got a letter this morning to say my payment will be in bank next week and arrears will follow shortly. Hope everyone gets sorted soon😀

woohooo delighted for you :)) august 9th come onnnnnn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

@carkel do you mind me asking was there anyone helping you tds or anything or had you being calling them any advice on how to get processed quicker ? I'm July 25th. And if you don't mind how much a week are they giving you I heard they have reduced FIS payments alot some the last budget

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

@carkel do you mind me asking was there anyone helping you tds or anything or had you being calling them any advice on how to get processed quicker ? I'm July 25th. And if you don't mind how much a week are they giving you I heard they have reduced FIS payments alot some the last budget
    You heard wrong,there were no changes to FIS payments in the last budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

You should have heard by now , ,they are processing January claims now.

But we rang them and they checked the application told us the date they received it and said it hadn't been processed yet and that there is ay backlog that should be cleared by March.

How do you know they have all December's done?

But we rang them and they checked the application told us the date they received it and said it hadn't been processed yet and that there is ay backlog that should be cleared by March.

How do you know they have all December's done?
    The backlog is for claims that were sent in between June to November.Any claim from November onwards is being processed with very little of a delay.

Your claim from December should be processed by now,there definitely isn't a 6 week delay.

I rang this morning and she confirmed ones received now are being processed straight away.

i asked about ours and she checked and said it has been referred to a social welfare inspector :eek: because my parnter works for his father. (Father is a farmer, OH has been a farm labourer for him for 18 years now). :eek:
    What happens now

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    also my wages have gone down by 50euro weekly should I notify them now or wait until I hear what is happening with my claim???

Same here, I just phoned them asking could i send them in the most recent payslip to show the decrease in weekly wage & the guy said it wouldn't matter if there was an increase (I wish) or decrease in weekly wage if it was after September...that the claim will go on what the wage slip said before September...My application went in July...Don't really understand what they tell me over the phone these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

3rd of July...come on!

• Advertisement

I rang this morning and she confirmed ones received now are being processed straight away.

i asked about ours and she checked and said it has been referred to a social welfare inspector :eek: because my parnter works for his father. (Father is a farmer, OH has been a farm labourer for him for 18 years now). :eek:
    What happens now
    Anyone who works for a relative would have their claim sent to the inspectors. The employer and employee are inspected to make sure all conditions are met ie correct prsi, tax,contributions etc are correct and there is no collusion between employers/employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Im Sept 9th. Feels like an eternity waiting, a wife 3 kids. I have to say though without help of SWO, we would be totally goosed. Anyone really stuck should contact your local welfare officer

Will that take long do you know. His father's accountants deal with it all. There is about 43E a week deductions and leaves him with 400 per week take home pay. It is all above board.
    Do they contact them by phone or call out to them. His father is nearly 80 and leave's it all up to the accountant. Even getting the form filled in with had to go to the accountants office as his father hasn't a clue.

Kevint30 wrote: »
    Im Sept 9th. Feels like an eternity waiting, a wife 3 kids. I have to say though without help of SWO, we would be totally goosed. Anyone really stuck should contact your local welfare officer

Thats funny because when I went to my local SW office the girl at reception told me there was nothing I could apply for while I was waiting on FIS...we're waiting a long time & every month getting harder....is there something specific I should apply for to help in the meantime? Do you know does FIS backpay you from your application date?

Thats funny because when I went to my local SW office the girl at reception told me there was nothing I could apply for while I was waiting on FIS...we're waiting a long time & every month getting harder....is there something specific I should apply for to help in the meantime? Do you know does FIS backpay you from your application date?

You can get supplementary welfare up to the amount of what you would receive if you were on the dole minus your net income now and then minus around 2 euro. thats what my welfare officer stated to me, and thats what i am receiving. For eg I am earning around 289 net a week as a trainee. I have a wife and three kids. My Dole entitlement is 402 a week so, i receive supplementary of 402-289-2= €111. Every local welfare department may have different rules, i dont know. But i was told this was my entitlement while waiting for a FIS payment. Maybe you should contact them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luthien

Will that take long do you know. His father's accountants deal with it all. There is about 43E a week deductions and leaves him with 400 per week take home pay. It is all above board.
    Do they contact them by phone or call out to them. His father is nearly 80 and leave's it all up to the accountant. Even getting the form filled in with had to go to the accountants office as his father hasn't a clue.
    Hi!
    I'm in a similar situation. My claim 24th May, the fis send my claim in the beginning of oct to the socialwelfare inspector... Still waiting for a meeting, call several times there's nothing they can do... So 35 weeks waiting time for me😞
    Hope you get sorted soon

rang and got through today ah i cant stoop myself from calling !! said they are working on end of june and july applicants now doesnt seem to be in date order just on all those falling in those months

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

You can get supplementary welfare up to the amount of what you would receive if you were on the dole minus your net income now and then minus around 2 euro. thats what my welfare officer stated to me, and thats what i am receiving. For eg I am earning around 289 net a week as a trainee. I have a wife and three kids. My Dole entitlement is 402 a week so, i receive supplementary of 402-289-2= €111. Every local welfare department may have different rules, i dont know. But i was told this was my entitlement while waiting for a FIS payment. Maybe you should contact them again.

Thats very true mine is the same

Thanks for that...I will go back in to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tkjs

July 9th still waiting .....that's all I seem to say on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

anyone any updates. 19th of july still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Hi, can anyone tell me how i canupdate my address for fis? I have moved since applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missylol

I rang yesterday, they told me more than likely (but not definate!) it would be next week. My date is June 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

its hard to understand what structure they have when processing the applications. Any ideas anyone?

I'm currently on hold :/ I know 2 people dated August who have got there's ....

liz_dow wrote: »
    I'm currently on hold :/ I know 2 people dated August who have got there's ....
    Whats your date? im September 7th. Its looking like April for me

Rang today and I'm July 25th said still working on June July and those months should be done in next 3 - 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

Whats your date? im September 7th. Its looking like April for me

I'm June 26th :( feels like forever

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

im august i duno how some people in august have got theirs already but still people in june waiting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

Hi - I don't know if anyone can advise, we got our acknowledgement of claim form on 2nd October. My partner has just been put on to a three day week :( and has been told that they have to come off FIS and sign on for the other two days. But how can we come off FIS if we haven't got it yet? And if we do tell the FIS people that we are now applying for dole for the other two days, will that put the receipt of arrears at risk? Because we owe most of that now.

My partner thinks that we should just leave the FIS thing in place, and wait until the arrears arrive, and then tell the Dept that actually we have signed on for the two days and repay them the excess weeks. But I am worried that we may get into trouble for doing that.

Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

I applied for FIS in 2008 before they claim came through I was let go. I called their office and stopped the claim but got a lovely lady who told me I was still entitled to FIS from when the claim was made until I was made redundant It was 4 months worth of FIS so it came in very handy

Advertisement