Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

jenhards wrote: »
    Hi there...does ne1 know how long new claims r takin at the mo...

About 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Application sent 4 weeks ago but got letter saying it was registered only on Wednesday anyone know next step

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Application sent 4 weeks ago but got letter saying it was registered only on Wednesday anyone know next step

If you only got a confirmation letter Wednesday they only received it 4-5 business days beforehand.

The next step is they will process your application ,if everything is in order typically you will receive a decision within 2 weeks.

Should be done in two weeks time if all is in order..

Just spoke to FIS they are working on the 3rd Oct at moment

• Advertisement

Got a letter yesterday requesting 2 payslips sent it back anyone else have a request like this and how long did it take to get a reply

They usually look for a few payslips to be sent in with the application forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi I applied for fis on 28th August got a letter saying they received it about week later and nothing since who should I ring about it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I sent my 1st application at the start of September and only got a refusal letter back the end of November, I appealed ir straight away and included more information and letters and proof of income etc so now I'm wondering how long it will take for my appeal decision to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kazza234

I sent my 1st application at the start of September and only got a refusal letter back the end of November, I appealed ir straight away and included more information and letters and proof of income etc so now I'm wondering how long it will take for my appeal decision to come through?

• Advertisement

Kazza234 wrote: »

Did you appeal it or ask for a review ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi does anyone know how long to get answer about renewal. Sent in form last week, got text that they’d received it. Just wondering if I’ll hear before they go on Christmas break.
    Thanks

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know how long to get answer about renewal. Sent in form last week, got text that they’d received it. Just wondering if I’ll hear before they go on Christmas break.
    Thanks

All depends on when your current claim is ending.
    What date is your claim to be renewed from?

yabadabado wrote: »
    All depends on when your current claim is ending.
    What date is your claim to be renewed from?

Start of February. So maybe won’t hear to mid - end January? No mad panic, just be nice to know it’s all good for next year. Thanks

Start of February. So maybe won’t hear to mid - end January? No mad panic, just be nice to know it’s all good for next year. Thanks

You wont hear back until approx 1- 2 weeks before the current claim end date.
    They arent going to process claims that far in advance.

I'd also suggest you forward your 2017 P60 soon as you get it.

You wont hear back until approx 1- 2 weeks before the current claim end date.
    They arent going to process claims that far in advance.

I'd also suggest you forward your 2017 P60 soon as you get it.

Thanks. I’ll send in P60 once I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kazza234

Did you appeal it or ask for a review ?

Hi, thank you for your reply. I appealed their decision because their calculations were incorrect. I received a letter saying that it was sent to the correct office (even though it was sent to the deciding officer using the address that was provided) and I will receive correspondence when a decision is decided.
    I'm just wondering how long the appeals process takes?

Thanks

Usually you will hear a few days before your current claim runs out

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Has anyone applied lately? How long is waiting time

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Clarec1980

Has anyone applied lately? How long is waiting time

Husband applied early Dec. Rang today saying we were struggling & they said it was being reviewed today. Not sure if it takes long to hear anything once it's reviewed or how long that takes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Clarec1980

Husband applied for FIS early Dec. Had a meeting in our social welfare office & handed over forms which were all checked there. Rang today & said we are struggling & they told him it was being reviewed today. Anyone know how long after that you hear decision? And does an inspector call to everyone or just certain cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Clarec1980 wrote: »
    Husband applied for FIS early Dec. Had a meeting in our social welfare office & handed over forms which were all checked there. Rang today & said we are struggling & they told him it was being reviewed today. Anyone know how long after that you hear decision? And does an inspector call to everyone or just certain cases?

I’m just off the phone to fis,my husband just started work and I was wondering how long it all took, they told me that the Cwo can give an interm payment until Fis is approved

Any ideas waiting time people

3 Weeks

Advertisement