Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

I was told today it would be another 4-6 weeks I'm waiting since July 19th. I'm being told something different every time I ring

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

just rang and i was told they are starting july and i should hear something the start of feb. once again im august 9th.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Thread closed for a clean up.

Reopened the forum charter will be rigorously applied to all posts from now on.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055070569

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

I rang this morning and the lady told me they were doing July at the moment and I will hear from them within the next 2-3 weeks, my date is July 26th. So fingers crossed.

Carkel wrote: »
    I rang this morning and the lady told me they were doing July at the moment and I will hear from them within the next 2-3 weeks, my date is July 26th. So fingers crossed.

But what about the people on this thread from june that are still waiting...?

FIRST TIME APPLICATIONS FROM JUNE PLEASE LET US NO IF YE HAVE BEEN SEEN TO YET :)

• Advertisement

But what about the people on this thread from june that are still waiting...?

FIRST TIME APPLICATIONS FROM JUNE PLEASE LET US NO IF YE HAVE BEEN SEEN TO YET :)
    I think it was only the last week in June and I'm sure that will be done first.

I think it was only the last week in June and I'm sure that will be done first.

fingers crossed we here soon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Did you got to your CWO to get supplement while your waiting????

I'm recieving it at the moment so I guess that means I'm entitled to it and they will deduct it from any back pay I'm due

It doesnt mean your entitled to it. The CWO may have a different means assessment to what FIS use.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

midlands1 wrote: »
    It doesnt mean your entitled to it. The CWO may have a different means assessment to what FIS use.

Based on qualifying criteria and personal circumstances I tick all the boxes but I get what your saying....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tkjs

July 9th first time applicant still waiting and cracking up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

tkjs wrote: »

All backlog new claims are supposed to be done by the end of march / early April now

I rang yesterday and they told me they started work on the new applications this week so u shouldn't have to wait to much longer, there was a week left if June to do and then July aug sept and oct. will you let us know when you get sorted please.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

they have changed the announcement too when you call give more correct update todate information on applicants made before and after nov so thats encouraging that things might be moving. Im july25th and said few more weeks .. ah deep breaths

they have changed the announcement too when you call give more correct update todate information on applicants made before and after nov so thats encouraging that things might be moving. Im july25th and said few more weeks .. ah deep breaths[/QUO

every week its another few weeks though, very frustrating. if i could stay off this i would but i cant lol, vicious circle :P im only waiting for people to say theyve been givin there payment cos it means im getting closer to mine lol

I rang yesterday and they told me they started work on the new applications this week so u shouldn't have to wait to much longer, there was a week left if June to do and then July aug sept and oct. will you let us know when you get sorted please.

ya I'll let ye know straight away after recovering from fainting :)

ya I'll let ye know straight away after recovering from fainting :)

Haha I know it's been a very long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missylol

I rang the FIS office today, my date is June 28th, the lady told me that they were only just finished MAY!!!. I told her that this couldn't be true because I phoned the office in early and mid Dec and was told they were on early June, I phoned again in the first week of January and was told they were working on 15th June, which I thought was correct at the time as they had stopped processing them in December. She started to mix her words up and i immediately knew i was being fed a line. She put me on hold and came back to tell me that there was a backlog and that all claims would be processed by March. I explained I knew all of this and and simply wanted an honest answer as to what date they were working on. She kept repeating the same line about all claims being processed by March. I asked her how come everyone was getting a different date and she just kept repeating the same line. She said if i wished to complain i could do so by email, I told her i had already done this to no avail. I have called the FIS office every week since November when my 20 week wait was up and have been told a different story each time, but today's answer has really taken the biscuit, it's back the way my dates are going. I know that there is a back log and these people are only doing their jobs and I can honestly say I have been nothing but polite on the phone but I am at a loss now as to what's really going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

I'm the 5th of September. I was told April at the latest. Im just resigning myself to the fact it will be April. If I get it before then it will be a bonus. I owe most of it at this stage anyway as bills are building up. I'm fed up with the whole thing. I would love to see the TDS living on 400 euro a week with 2 kids, mortgage, bills etc... to pay. Im keeping all these feelings so when they come looking for my vote again they will be told where to go

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I am the 4th of December and people had me worried because said i should have heard within two weeks.
    Rang today and they said there is a backlog and it will be cleared by March
    So obviously December's are not going through straight away. Proper order to. Don't see why i should get it when people in July are waiting

missylol wrote: »
    I rang the FIS office today, my date is June 28th, the lady told me that they were only just finished MAY!!!. I told her that this couldn't be true because I phoned the office in early and mid Dec and was told they were on early June, I phoned again in the first week of January and was told they were working on 15th June, which I thought was correct at the time as they had stopped processing them in December. She started to mix her words up and i immediately knew i was being fed a line. She put me on hold and came back to tell me that there was a backlog and that all claims would be processed by March. I explained I knew all of this and and simply wanted an honest answer as to what date they were working on. She kept repeating the same line about all claims being processed by March. I asked her how come everyone was getting a different date and she just kept repeating the same line. She said if i wished to complain i could do so by email, I told her i had already done this to no avail. I have called the FIS office every week since November when my 20 week wait was up and have been told a different story each time, but today's answer has really taken the biscuit, it's back the way my dates are going. I know that there is a back log and these people are only doing their jobs and I can honestly say I have been nothing but polite on the phone but I am at a loss now as to what's really going on.

They have defo processed 21st june 2012......... I have no idea where May came into this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 missylol

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    They have defo processed 21st june 2012......... I have no idea where May came into this....

I knew from the offset that was a lie, maybe the girl was new but it just felt like I was being fobbed off. Has anyone recieved payment after 21st June?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

Rang again this morning and I was told they are doing the back log it will be cleared by the end of march but they are on July at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Hi all.Still waiting like all of you.My date is July 11 so bills are through the roof as ye know.Then yesterday,boss dropped the bombshell that I'm down to 1 day a week for few weeks.Im gutted,cried my heart at.Was relying on back money to clear my debts.Where does this leave me now?Do I say nothing and hope money comes in couple of weeks,then infirm fis that circumstances have changed?? I'm so worried and sick, don't know what to do or how I will survive. As it is up until now, I worked 3 days and sent dole office the yellow dockets.That would stop and switch to fis when it would be approved cause I would be better off on fis.Any advice

At last a light at end if tunnel. My date is July 26th and I got a letter this morning to say my payment will be in bank next week and arrears will follow shortly. Hope everyone gets sorted soon😀

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

I am the 4th of December and people had me worried because said i should have heard within two weeks.
    Rang today and they said there is a backlog and it will be cleared by March
    So obviously December's are not going through straight away. Proper order to. Don't see why i should get it when people in July are waiting
    You should have heard by now , ,they are processing January claims now.
    Kirstyka wrote: »
    Hi all.Still waiting like all of you.My date is July 11 so bills are through the roof as ye know.Then yesterday,boss dropped the bombshell that I'm down to 1 day a week for few weeks.Im gutted,cried my heart at.Was relying on back money to clear my debts.Where does this leave me now?Do I say nothing and hope money comes in couple of weeks,then infirm fis that circumstances have changed?? I'm so worried and sick, don't know what to do or how I will survive. As it is up until now, I worked 3 days and sent dole office the yellow dockets.That would stop and switch to fis when it would be approved cause I would be better off on fis.Any advice
    You would be entitled to all the back money if your claim is awarded but would have no entitlement once you do less than 19 hrs per week. I would sent them a letter outlining the dates you will be doing 1 day per week.

At last a light at end if tunnel. My date is July 26th and I got a letter this morning to say my payment will be in bank next week and arrears will follow shortly. Hope everyone gets sorted soon😀

delighted that you got it but I'm d 9july and still haven't received anything what order are they going in this is crazy thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Delighted carkel.Just off phone with them.Lady told me they working on June and July.Mine is 11 July.She said a few more weeks.Very vague couldn't even give me a date.Just don't understand the way it works at all.

well done Carkel I'm June 28th so how have July been processed very very stressful this is....

also my wages have gone down by 50euro weekly should I notify them now or wait until I hear what is happening with my claim???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Whats the best number to ring to get through to the Fis section??

Advertisement