Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

i received my letter today to say i was awarded. 9th august :)

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Was the CE scheme the only employment in the household? FIS isn't payable on CE schemes in that case. You or your partner would need to have another job of a min of 19 hours per week.

It WAS the only payment(along with 15 hours) up until August. The same company kept me on, on a part time basis, for between 20 and 28 hours a week since then. I applied on 19th September for fis, after I had been working for 4 weeks. Still on the same hours, so should be eligible. Have sent them 2 months worth of payslips, but think I will send them every payslip since I started

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

hey guys my payment started on tuesday does that mean payment is every tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

Fis is paid on a thursday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

First payment can be any day but from then on its always a Thursday.

• Advertisement

They have started doing the 23/08/12 claims

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

can anyone tell me, when applying for FIS, do they take into account all your out going expense??

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

can anyone tell me, when applying for FIS, do they take into account all your out going expense??
    They take tax, PRSI, usc and superannuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Every thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

Got my letter today, checked bank account arrears are there, best of luck to everyone still waiting hope you get good news soon

• Advertisement

im still waiting on arrears :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

Hi I am just off the phone with them, they have started working on the 1st of September, we are the 5th so he said we should get sorted this week or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

aidole wrote: »
    Hi I am just off the phone with them, they have started working on the 1st of September, we are the 5th so he said we should get sorted this week or early next week.

I'm the 5th of September as well. Fingers crossed it will be there

Jordannoah wrote: »
    I'm the 5th of September as well. Fingers crossed it will be there

September 7th so hopefully soon too

im still waiting on arrears :/

Have you got your arrears yet Lollydolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i got the letter today, we were the last week in august.
    We got refused.
    They send a letter detailing how my partners social welfare payment is more beneficial..... By 43c.

The figure they used was an average of 40 weeks wages, it included 20hrs overtime i did last easter, this brought my weekly average wage up by 11 euro per week.
    Devastated.....
    The letter was dated 16th of feb, arrived today, hope this helps someone.
    In short as far as i can see, there is no point applying for fis unless you have 3+ kids or are parenting alone.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    In short as far as i can see, there is no point applying for fis unless you have 3+ kids or are parenting alone.
    Are you basing this on your own situation or have you any other information to show this.imo thats a very unhelpful point to make and would hope it doesn't make anyone reconsider applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would advise ALL working people to apply, esp now as the waiting time has decreased.

I am not really in a good place following this decision, I may need some time to accept this.

We all know we have incomes less than €505 or €605 per week, but I would have presumed that if I was awarded FIS,my partners BTEA payment would have been €188 not €157.

Lets just say there are many more rules at play than detailed on the FIS section on the Welfare website and the Citizen Information website.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Lets just say there are many more rules at play than detailed on the FIS section on the Welfare website and the Citizen Information website.
    Like what?Is there rules not mentioned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Like what?

Like the rules they don't go into detail about until you are in a situation like wmpdd3's

• Advertisement

Like the rules they don't go into detail about until you are in a situation like wmpdd3's
    Thats what I was asking ,what isn't mentioned?

Kevint30 wrote: »
    Have you got your arrears yet Lollydolly?

no i have an overpayment thing from 05/06 and i owe back over half my arrears :( i think it must be from when i was on maternity benefit and needed help with my rent... gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

They have finished August and are on the first week in September now, I'll be another few weeks, but at least I managed to explain everything, and get a name, and told them about my emails that I had sent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Im first week of October so hopefully only another 4 weeks.This waiting period is a joke and has really put so many people under serious financial pressure.I really hope they sort out some sort of new system for when it s due to be renewed again.

I believe my date was sept 5, can't be sure as I lost the letter. lodgement in the bank today! I feel like a bit of a pimp and I may have to screen grab this bad boy :P best of luck to everyone else, great thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 april13

Im last week in sept hopefully not long now

april13 wrote: »
    Im last week in sept hopefully not long now

Im September 7th no word yet

When you are approved for FIS do you get a letter saying you are approved first or does a payment just arrive in your bank account?

When you are approved for FIS do you get a letter saying you are approved first or does a payment just arrive in your bank account?
    You get a letter from them either way, if its approved or refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 elainef84

my application is the 30th aug but have heard nothing may ring them 2morow

Advertisement