Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Broad wrote: »
    Hi - I don't know if anyone can advise, we got our acknowledgement of claim form on 2nd October. My partner has just been put on to a three day week :( and has been told that they have to come off FIS and sign on for the other two days. But how can we come off FIS if we haven't got it yet? And if we do tell the FIS people that we are now applying for dole for the other two days, will that put the receipt of arrears at risk? Because we owe most of that now.

My partner thinks that we should just leave the FIS thing in place, and wait until the arrears arrive, and then tell the Dept that actually we have signed on for the two days and repay them the excess weeks. But I am worried that we may get into trouble for doing that.

Any advice?
    You dont need to do anything with FIS ,apply for the 2 day jobseekers and when the FIS is processed they will see which scheme you are better off on.either way you will be entitled to the FIS arrears from the date of your application until you start the jobseekers.If you are better off on FIS they will tell you to close off the jobseekers.The dept will be able to see you have signed on ,all the schemes are connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missylol

Just got off the phone with fis they told me I have been awarded today and should have payment this week. My date is June 28th. Good luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

missylol wrote: »
    Just got off the phone with fis they told me I have been awarded today and should have payment this week. My date is June 28th. Good luck everyone

Thats great I'm also June 28th so here's hoping.....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Got the payment today. Im 28 june.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

missylol wrote: »

delighted for ye 28th june people :)

• Advertisement

so have they broke with the old payement only on thursday if money is going in today @ agtyku was it first payement or back money
    or both

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    so have they broke with the old payement only on thursday if money is going in today @ agtyku was it first payement or back money
    or both
    I enquired a while back and was told the first payment on first time applications can go into the bank account any week day and its every Thursday from then on.I got all the back money and I presume I will get a payment again tomorrow of the weekly amount.

agtyku wrote: »
    I enquired a while back and was told the first payment on first time applications can go into the bank account any week day and its every Thursday from then on.I got all the back money and I presume I will get a payment again tomorrow of the weekly amount.

Im praying mine is quite soon literally on edge at the moment.... congrats again

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

catyb20 wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone tell me how i canupdate my address for fis? I have moved since applying.

Write in to them !

any new applicants get paid today?????

• Advertisement

Just off the phone to them I have been awarded first payement tomorrow arrears to follow best of luck to everyone on this and thank you to everyone for all your input and help over the last few months... I'm June 28th application

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

How long do the social welfare inspectors spend before they contact you?

We haven't heard anything from the inspector whoever that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Just off the phone to them I have been awarded first payement tomorrow arrears to follow best of luck to everyone on this and thank you to everyone for all your input and help over the last few months... I'm June 28th application

Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Congrats all.As my grandad would say,"spend wisely" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

Delighted to see a lot of you got sorted, gives me some hope that i wont be waiting too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luthien

How long do the social welfare inspectors spend before they contact you?

We haven't heard anything from the inspector whoever that might be.
    Hi! I'm waiting since October...
    My claim is 24th of May
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

Luthien wrote: »
    Hi! I'm waiting since October...
    My claim is 24th of May
    :(
    Did they say Why it was sent to the inspector

harryfreya wrote: »
    Did they say Why it was sent to the inspector
    It can go to an inspector for a few different reasons but the most common ones are:selfemployment,rental income,farming and related to the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Congrats everyone that got awarded :) oh gives me hope I won't have too much longer please god. August 9th :)

My first payement came through todayJune 28th app... but it seems a lot lower than I expected if I call them can they give me the break down or do I appeal the amount..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

So disappointed July 25th first applicant got a letter today saying we weren't getting it cos my husband is better off on job seekers ahhhh he's not on job seekers he works full time they even have his payslips telling me i have to appeal is it worth my while calling them or writing to appeals what a nightmare how much longer will this take

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

Currently working on july the 5th

So disappointed July 25th first applicant got a letter today saying we weren't getting it cos my husband is better off on job seekers ahhhh he's not on job seekers he works full time they even have his payslips telling me i have to appeal is it worth my while calling them or writing to appeals what a nightmare how much longer will this take
    Are you on jobseekers ? If you are on it and he is a dependant on your claim it might be better for him to stay on that than receive FIS .Can you type out what it says on the letter you received a few here might be able to give you advice then.

Deciding officer actually rang me after I rang them was really nice said I get 217 jobseekers including fuel and we are better off we have 2 kids if I decided to lose him as dependent on jobseekers I would only get 130 jobseekers does that sound right? Still don't get how's he dependent on my jobseekers as he works full time but anyhow he said now my decision to go on fis or not what do people think would we get backdated from July and have that or as I was on jobseekers during they won't backdate

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Deciding officer actually rang me after I rang them was really nice said I get 217 jobseekers including fuel and we are better off we have 2 kids if I decided to lose him as dependent on jobseekers I would only get 130 jobseekers does that sound right? Still don't get how's he dependent on my jobseekers as he works full time but anyhow he said now my decision to go on fis or not what do people think would we get backdated from July and have that or as I was on jobseekers during they won't backdate

id go on it get your backdated money, if you have any owed and if you need the cashflow, and dont apply next year if your circumstances are the same. If you can get your backdated money either way, id then stay on jobseekers.

Yeah I'm owed 27 weeks so about 1900 which I Need but I'm wondering would they take off me what I was paid on jobseekers or would that be taken off me separately and I get to decide how much to pay back . It's worth goin on fis to get this backdated but wondering how they will manage not to give it to me but might be worth the risk only e7 id lose being on fis

Yeah I'm owed 27 weeks so about 1900 which I Need but I'm wondering would they take off me what I was paid on jobseekers or would that be taken off me separately and I get to decide how much to pay back . It's worth goin on fis to get this backdated but wondering how they will manage not to give it to me but might be worth the risk only e7 id lose being on fis
    You wont get the back money .they will take all the money back you got for your husband before any payment for fis issues. They can't stop you getting FIS if you want to go ahead with it but you will be down money .your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clobos

got letter today fis been awarded date was july 2nd letter said first payment would be in the bank 31st of january and backpay to follow does it normanly take long to recieved back money does anybody know ??:)

clobos wrote: »
    got letter today fis been awarded date was july 2nd letter said first payment would be in the bank 31st of january and backpay to follow does it normanly take long to recieved back money does anybody know ??:)
    usually goes in on the first payment unless there are overlapping payments/schemes to be paid back.

• Advertisement

usually goes in on the first payment unless there are overlapping payments/schemes to be paid back.

Roughly how long after they figure what must be paid back -v- your arrears does it take to go in

Advertisement