Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Carkel wrote: »
    My date is July 29th so there isn't much between us please god it will be paid soon

i no, its awful waiting but please god not much longer. like my friend got theres a while before christmas and there date was june 15th

nig1 wrote: »
    by the time you get it ,you will have to put a new claim for next years!
    start all over again!

o god dont say that :eek: i hope to have it int he next few weeks please god

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I just did the budgeting for the next 3 months and its not looking so rosey! It looks like noone from the backlogue has been awarded payment since Nov. ( bar the person who's BTSCFA payment depended on it. )

Please if you are awarded post here so we can push the section for a proper update.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All

Can anyone advise of the contact number for the Letterkenny office? I am sick of being on hold in Longford for up to half an hour to be told they cannot help me anymore

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just off d phone with FIS.From Monday they are starting to process the backlog first time applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sabinalee

jiok wrote: »
    Just off d phone with FIS.From Monday they are starting to process the backlog first time applications.

I really hope we will all see our money soon!
    I'm waiting from JUly 3rd!

jiok wrote: »

not before time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

After on hold off and on for over 2 hrs today finally got to talk to someone I am first time applicant applied july , she told me would be processed next week but now looks like probably won't get it as I'm on jobseekers already ( my husband worls but on crap money right now) but I thought they would take both mine and my husbands income into account between us with 2 kids we are under 540 a week . Should I have applied under my husbands name any advice would be appreciated.

After on hold off and on for over 2 hrs today finally got to talk to someone I am first time applicant applied july , she told me would be processed next week but now looks like probably won't get it as I'm on jobseekers already ( my husband worls but on crap money right now) but I thought they would take both mine and my husbands income into account between us with 2 kids we are under 540 a week . Should I have applied under my husbands name any advice would be appreciated.

What date in july? did they say that you wont get it?

Think July 24th around that date...she said ur probably better off on jobseekers than fis but I thought they would consider both our incomes and still be entitled to fis even if one of us on jobseekers

• Advertisement

You can change your application, fill out a new one with you husbands details as the main and get it to them ASAP. You can print off a FIS form to make it easier. The main thing is to get your husbands work to fill it out and get copies of his payslips.

Dont let them close your claim!

If you dont feel like they are listening to you get down to the citizens information centre or you local TD's office. They worst that can happen is that you lose the back pay, but they shouldnt make you wait all over again.
    Were you working when you applied?

Printed off new form already going to get my husband to get his filled out tomorrow I feel like a fool I waited this long and reading now on citzien information I should have put his name down and applied through him I was on jobseekers the whole time the welfare officer told me to apply. I have a TD helping me but now a waste losing 25 weeks of back pay probaly .. Gutted

Printed off new form already going to get my husband to get his filled out tomorrow I feel like a fool I waited this long and reading now on citzien information I should have put his name down and applied through him I was on jobseekers the whole time the welfare officer told me to apply. I have a TD helping me but now a waste losing 25 weeks of back pay probaly .. Gutted

dont give up hope:)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You can change your application, fill out a new one with you husbands details as the main and get it to them ASAP. You can print off a FIS form to make it easier. The main thing is to get your husbands work to fill it out and get copies of his payslips.

Dont let them close your claim!

If you dont feel like they are listening to you get down to the citizens information centre or you local TD's office. They worst that can happen is that you lose the back pay, but they shouldnt make you wait all over again.
    Were you working when you applied?
    Was your husband working when you applied ?
    If he was there is no need to do any of the above .Just send them a letter outlining that the claim should have been in your husbands name and you made a mistake when you applied .
    When you applied you would have had to include your husbands work details + payslips on the form anyway so it will be a case of just getting it changed into his name.

Has ANYONE on here gottin there FIS awarded lately?? PLEASE update if ye have

Thanks so much for that I'll try that I'll mail a letter tomorrow and call them hopefully get someone on the phone and put a note on my file .. What a nightmare so hoping for the backpay and process to be finished soon. They have all his info and payslip from my application nothng has changed we are still as broke as when we applied in July !!! .. On the upside to all those waiting in July looks like the process is starting to move

Thanks so much for that I'll try that I'll mail a letter tomorrow and call them hopefully get someone on the phone and put a note on my file .. What a nightmare so hoping for the backpay and process to be finished soon. They have all his info and payslip from my application nothng has changed we are still as broke as when we applied in July !!! .. On the upside to all those waiting in July looks like the process is starting to move
    I wouldnt bother ringing, if they have his work details + payslips ,sending the letter will do.They will just change it into his name when they are processing the claim.

Ok thanks guys for the advice so disheartened after talking to them today thought the chances of even getting fis were over .. Still hanging in there

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

When am i looking at getting this.

We applied on the 4th December

well I,m august 9th and not a dicky bird as of yet so be prepared for the long haul

• Advertisement

No, you're in a different situation. All applications from July to November were moved offsite. You application should be looked at in the next 3 months, did you get a letter saying they received you appplication with a date on it. thats hte date your arrears will start at.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tkjs

my date is the 9th July first time applicant still nothing....

Did you receive a confimation letter? You should have had a decision on your claim already, there is about a 3/4 week wait time on new applications from November. Give them a call.

tkjs wrote: »
    my date is the 9th July first time applicant still nothing....
    keep us updated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Did you receive a confimation letter? You should have had a decision on your claim already, there is about a 3/4 week wait time on new applications from November. Give them a call.

Sorry if i misunderstood, but is only a 3/4 week wait for new applications?

Sorry if i misunderstood, but is only a 3/4 week wait for new applications?

Correct. Claims from November onwards should be waiting about 3/4 weeks to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tkjs

will do hopefully not too long more:(

tkjs wrote: »
    will do hopefully not too long more:(
    I no yea its awful waiting.. Ye will all no when I get mine ya,s will hear me scream with joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Correct. Claims from November onwards should be waiting about 3/4 weeks to be processed.

why so quick now?
    was claiming it before being made redundant, use to take 2/4 months for renewal.
    was dreading starting a new job, starting a new claim, though i would be waiting months for it.

• Advertisement

why so quick now?
    was claiming it before being made redundant, use to take 2/4 months for renewal.
    was dreading starting a new job, starting a new claim, though i would be waiting months for it.
    they changed the process back in November so that renewals would mostly be done without a break in payment(where possible) and first time/new applications would have a fairly short waiting time.
    Anyone who applied after November would be on the new system and should be processed within a few weeks.

Advertisement