Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

So where are we now!?:

All applications from June 2012 onwards, are in boxes in Letterkenny awaiting processing. Yes,June to November are going to be sorted in Letterkenny

Will they work on these after all the renewals are up to date or start them in the new Year?Once the renewal backlog is cleared they will process the first time apps

Will Longford now now longer deal with FIS or are there 2 places dealing with FIS? Longford is still the area who deals with FIS and once the backlogs are sorted Letterkenny will not be processing FIS claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

my date is august 9th, anyone have a rough idea of how much longer??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

Mine is July 26th and I'm not sorted yet

Carkel wrote: »
    Mine is July 26th and I'm not sorted yet

surely to god january will have to have some hope??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

surely to god january will have to have some hope??

Oh I hope so it's been to long now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Is it a new claim or a renewal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

midlands1 wrote: »

This is the new claims thread so you gotta presume it is a new application.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

Ours is the 17th of aug we were told it will be the end of january

midlands1 wrote: »

its a new claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

its a new claim.

Im a new applicant and cwo is supplementing me part of it until i get sorted best check with early January if you are severly stuck like I have been

• Advertisement

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Im a new applicant and cwo is supplementing me part of it until i get sorted best check with early January if you are severly stuck like I have been

thanks for that i will deffo look into this altho id sooner no if and when im going to get it :(

thanks for that i will deffo look into this altho id sooner no if and when im going to get it :(

its 30%less than wht i worked out I should be due a week but its making all the difference.....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

yabadabado wrote: »
    This is the new claims thread so you gotta presume it is a new application.

()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Are the FIS income limits based on gross or net pay?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Are the FIS income limits based on gross or net pay?

thanks

net pay

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

mattsd2012 wrote: »

its 30%less than wht i worked out I should be due a week but its making all the difference.....

Did they say why ? 60% of the difference means We should be getting €120 extra a week if/when it eventually hits , Our date is June

rang today and was told it will be another few weeks, first time app 9th august :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

o, im august too, as far as i can work out there are a few thousand re-newals before they start on the 1st time applications. They are all from july to november. Going on the rate they did the renewal back log, i'm guessing april for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    o, im august too, as far as i can work out there are a few thousand re-newals before they start on the 1st time applications. They are all from july to november. Going on the rate they did the renewal back log, i'm guessing april for me.

Oh god-feels like mine will never come then, I'm middle of September

liz_dow wrote: »
    Did they say why ? 60% of the difference means We should be getting €120 extra a week if/when it eventually hits , Our date is June

No I didn't ask why I was just relieved I was getting something temporary and gave me hope that I will be approved eventually and get the back money also Im june 28th and was told I would be one of the first looked at in January

• Advertisement

im going to ring again next week and every other week, january is a horrible month for every one and to be waiting so long is torture, my biggest fear now is that i wont get rewarded it after waiting so long :(

wmpdd3 wrote: »

what date in august are u? if i have to wait til april id say i will have cracked up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

I'm the 19th of July and they told me today it would not be looked at until the end of march. At that stage it will be almosttime to renew my application

I'm 6th of Aug, I think, I'd have to fish out the letter again.

I'd advise everyone to get in touch with their local TD.
    I dont agree with TD's making representations for individuals but I asked mine to ask questions and after the first run around, his office did get answers.

harryfreya wrote: »
    I'm the 19th of July and they told me today it would not be looked at until the end of march. At that stage it will be almosttime to renew my application

end of march:eek: ffs :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

I was told the end of jan or early feb, my date is the 17th aug, seems everyone is getting told something different

• Registered Users Posts: 10 harryfreya

jen09 wrote: »
    I was told the end of jan or early feb, my date is the 17th aug, seems everyone is getting told something different
    seems so. i dont think they know whats going on

Well if I can get this guy to find out how many renewals are left and how many 1st time applications there are, we'll have a proper idea when to expect payment.

I have also e-mailed Joan Burton.

When the files were sent to Letterkenny first, the renewal applicants were told they would all be sorted before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

Hubbys weekly wage gone down a little bit again , we have a first time claim in since July...do I phone them to say there's a change in income? Would anyone have a number for them please? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hubbys weekly wage gone down a little bit again , we have a first time claim in since July...do I phone them to say there's a change in income? Would anyone have a number for them please? Thanks!

phone and e mail and post off new payslips backing up your claim

Advertisement