Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Defo confused now.... I'm June 28th and told I'm in a box.... Hard to understand how Agust claims would get there's.....
    It's all messed up, so many different stories. My date is July 26th I'm still waiting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

Has anyone else dated after end of June received their payment??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kirstyka

Applied 9 July still waiting like you all.Ive just accepted I'm not getting it for x mas.Emailed my local TD 2 weeks ago and no reply.Emailed Joan "the joke"Burton,got letter back saying they are looking into it.Unfortunately we're at the mercy of these people that we had the misfortune of voting for.Desperately waiting like you all

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chichi2

hi guys have been following yer dicussions on fis payments. im a renewal application i sent mine in on august 6.does anybody kno where we stand on dates sick of ringing all im being told is it will be another 6 wks. emailed them 2 they told me "we envisage payment by xmas" does anybody hav any updates really feeling the pinch like ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

chichi2 wrote: »
    hi guys have been following yer dicussions on fis payments. im a renewal application i sent mine in on august 6.does anybody kno where we stand on dates sick of ringing all im being told is it will be another 6 wks. emailed them 2 they told me "we envisage payment by xmas" does anybody hav any updates really feeling the pinch like ye all

According to previous here there supposed to-be. done. by. Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 chichi2

my renewal date is 5september anybody due theres that date anybody get theres back yet????????

This thread is for new fis applications not renewals,as was stated a few pages back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lizzy11

Hi, I have applied for fis and was wondering how long roughly after they receive the form do they send an letter stating they received it. Thanks

Hi izzy.I had a letter back from them 4 days after I sent off my application, just telling me that they received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Hi all, Any updates regarding new applicants who applied between June and November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Kevint30 wrote: »
    Hi all, Any updates regarding new applicants who applied between June and November.
    If you read back the last few pages you will see no applications between the end of June and November are being processed until the New Year.That hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

If you read back the last few pages you will see no applications between the end of June and November are being processed until the New Year.That hasn't changed.

That's simply not accurate Francescoli, my application date was 28th Aug and my claim was approved less than 2 weeks ago.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

I think every has the right to ask about updates things change all the time with these departments some of us holding out hope @stevejr did u get anyone to help push ur process through or did u get to speak to them about your application before it got processed

lizzy11 wrote: »
    Hi, I have applied for fis and was wondering how long roughly after they receive the form do they send an letter stating they received it. Thanks

About a week.

I think every has the right to ask about updates things change all the time with these departments some of us holding out hope @stevejr did u get anyone to help push ur process through or did u get to speak to them about your application before it got processed

No I did not get any help, to be honest I wouldn't know who to contact. My local TD is Brian Hayes, so I didn't even bother.

I've a hunch that there may be some sort of priority-based system involved in evaluating new applicants. I could be 100% wrong but I'll explain my relevant circumstances and let others decide...

I started work in April after 2 and a half years unemployed. I have two young children under 5 with 1 in school. My partner does not work and I claimed JS Benifit and then Allowance for the 4 of us, 372 p/w. My new salary worked out at 398 p/w for 42hrs.

I'm not that savvy when it comes to "the system" for want of a better phrase, so I did not even know about FIS until August. But I was ****ing delighted when I found out and applied immediately. The Maths of it were that I would get approx €123 p/w extra ie. 60% the difference between my wages and the recommended minimum based on my circumstances.

Grand I thought, until I trawled the sites; rollercoaster, boards etc only to see the estimated waiting times! 16 weeks, 18 weeks, 30+ weeks in extreme cases! I was genuinely gutted!

Friday 2 weeks ago my partner rang me in work, I got a fright because she'd never normally ring unless it was an emergency. Her initial incoherence on the phone didn't help either!

And just like that, outta the blue we'd got the letter, we'd been approved. Amazingly after only 12 weeks, when I'd expected twice that! I posted the news on here the following Monday I think.

I'm 31 years old, have worked in Retail management jobs since I was 20. Both my folks have passed on and I have no relatives that I'm aware of who could have influenced my application. I'm not all that interested in politics and have only voted in the last two elections.

I'm absolutely not saying my situation was harder than anyone else's, I don't know anyone else's business. But the only explanation I can think of is that the FIS section of the DSW prioritise according to some criteria...either that or god-only-knows...

stevejr wrote: »
    No I did not get any help, to be honest I wouldn't know who to contact. My local TD is Brian Hayes, so I didn't even bother.

I've a hunch that there may be some sort of priority-based system involved in evaluating new applicants. I could be 100% wrong but I'll explain my relevant circumstances and let others decide...

I started work in April after 2 and a half years unemployed. I have two young children under 5 with 1 in school. My partner does not work and I claimed JS Benifit and then Allowance for the 4 of us, 372 p/w. My new salary worked out at 398 p/w for 42hrs.

I'm not that savvy when it comes to "the system" for want of a better phrase, so I did not even know about FIS until August. But I was ****ing delighted when I found out and applied immediately. The Maths of it were that I would get approx €123 p/w extra ie. 60% the difference between my wages and the recommended minimum based on my circumstances.

Grand I thought, until I trawled the sites; rollercoaster, boards etc only to see the estimated waiting times! 16 weeks, 18 weeks, 30+ weeks in extreme cases! I was genuinely gutted!

Friday 2 weeks ago my partner rang me in work, I got a fright because she'd never normally ring unless it was an emergency. Her initial incoherence on the phone didn't help either!

And just like that, outta the blue we'd got the letter, we'd been approved. Amazingly after only 12 weeks, when I'd expected twice that! I posted the news on here the following Monday I think.

I'm 31 years old, have worked in Retail management jobs since I was 20. Both my folks have passed on and I have no relatives that I'm aware of who could have influenced my application. I'm not all that interested in politics and have only voted in the last two elections.

I'm absolutely not saying my situation was harder than anyone else's, I don't know anyone else's business. But the only explanation I can think of is that the FIS section of the DSW prioritise according to some criteria...either that or god-only-knows...
    Did you apply for Back to School Clothing and Footwear allowance?

Did you apply for Back to School Clothing and Footwear allowance?

Yes, after applying for FIS I learned that I could re-apply for the back to school allowance also. I received a letter from them saying they could not process my app until the FIS app was decided.

When I received the FIS I rang the school allowance and received that also the next week.

Yes, after applying for FIS I learned that I could re-apply for the back to school allowance also. I received a letter from them saying they could not process my app until the FIS app was decided.

When I received the FIS I rang the school allowance and received that also the next week.

But the only explanation I can think of is that the FIS section of the DSW prioritise according to some criteria...either that or god-only-knows...

and that is the reason your FIS claim was processed.All BSCF claims that couldnt be processed(no DSP payment) had their FIS claims pulled and processed .

There is no priority based system.

and that is the reason your FIS claim was processed.All BSCF claims that couldnt be processed(no DSP payment) had their FIS claims pulled and processed .

You're wrong.

Based on your statement it's being prioritised based on applicants who have school aged children. Either intentionally or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

If you read my post you would see i asked was there any updates. Why would i be looking at previous posts for new updates.

• Advertisement

Francescoli, can I ask you something, how do you know ."All BSCF claims that couldnt be processed(no DSP payment) had their FIS claims pulled and processed" is that firsthand or secondhand information?

You're wrong.

Based on your statement it's being prioritised based on applicants who have school aged children. Either intentionally or not.
    Its not being priortised based on applicants who have school going children ,this happens every year and would only cover a tiny percentage of the over all scheme.Call that priortising if you want,I was told less than 500 claims were done.
    There would be a small amount of FIS claims that had to be done or people would lose out on BSCF,these claims were processed because they had no other qualifying payments to get BSCF. this was done because there was a end date by which time BSCF had to finish processing their claims.
    Kevint30 wrote: »
    If you read my post you would see i asked was there any updates. Why would i be looking at previous posts for new updates.
    Well there were no new updates,this thread has been dead the last while and all the previous posts pointed out that they had stopped doing first time applications between those dates .
    Francescoli, can I ask you something, how do you know ."All BSCF claims that couldnt be processed(no DSP payment) had their FIS claims pulled and processed" is that firsthand or secondhand information?
    Firsthand information.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

can anyone tell me if fis pay a double payment at xmas read it somewhere on this but never thought about it before now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

anjo70 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if fis pay a double payment at xmas read it somewhere on this but never thought about it before now ...

You get a double week paid next week ,the 13th and 20th will be paid .Its not an extra week just a payment in advance for xmas.

anjo70 wrote: »

2 week's next week

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

thanks stevejr for taking the time to explain your application sounds like a simliar case to mine but no school age child yet just pre school and they told me he didnt qualify my husband makes even less than that then im on jobseekers so hoping we will qualify , my application was july 25th so hoping 2013 will bring good news

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

yabadabado wrote: »
    You get a double week paid next week ,the 13th and 20th will be paid .Its not an extra week just a payment in advance for xmas.
    oh i see thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Can anyone tell me if there is an email address for the FIS section. I wouldn't be able to phone them. My claim went in on 10th July. Since I put the claim in, My husband found a job and came off Jobseeker's but was made redundant, so is back on jobseeker's. I'm wondering if they could have cancelled our claim without contacting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jenniwenni wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if there is an email address for the FIS section. I wouldn't be able to phone them. My claim went in on 10th July. Since I put the claim in, My husband found a job and came off Jobseeker's but was made redundant, so is back on jobseeker's. I'm wondering if they could have cancelled our claim without contacting us.
    They won't have cancelled the claim, they haven't processed it yet.they would always post a decision letter to the applicant when a decision is made. I wouldn't do anything , they will be able to see your husband has returned to jobseekers and his employer should have forwarded the P45 to revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

So where are we now!?:

All applications from June 2012 onwards, are in boxes in Letterkenny awaiting processing.

Will they work on these after all the renewals are up to date or start them in the new Year?

Will Longford now now longer deal with FIS or are there 2 places dealing with FIS?

Anyone after June get sorted (apart from those awaiting BTSCFA)?

I'm August.... in for the long wait....and our boiler needs to be replaced!

Advertisement