Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

I realise this question is not on your list of acceptable things to post mp22, but...

The people who's claims are after being processed recently, are they getting back dated payments without hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

9th august, fed up waiting, need it so badly now, just like everyone else. such a joke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SusieD1978

It's a joke, every year they do this, you would think by now they would have a system in place just to tot up, and change the amount, all the other Social Welfare Payments can do it why can't FIS, I am brassic I know how you feel, I have been on FIS for 10 years and every year I have to go into debt until they claim comes through, a joke it is I tell ya!

I sent my claim back as soon as I recieved it, so I sent it back in late August, I have been claiming FIS for ten years. I think it is a joke that they are the only Social Welfare Payment who STOP a payment after 52 weeks! No other SW Payment do that, they can make the ammendments in a day or so, don't know what they are playing at, sick of being broke every year coming up to Christmas! Rang them today and they said they haven't even looked at my claim yet! Grrr...:mad:

I applied the end of August still nothing! It's terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

susied infracted for failure to follow on thread instruction by a mod.
    This is a thread for NEW FIS claims only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Applied August, I am getting many replys to my e-mails. I haven't approached the SW, I know there is no point, but there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

would there be any point in emailing FIS themselves? im 15 weeks now, new applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

would there be any point in emailing FIS themselves? im 15 weeks now, new applicant.

I e-mailed weeks ago and no response and im dated june and still nothing and also i'm a new applicant....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

Hi i believe if you are a long time waiting you can go to your local social welfare relieving officer with your letter stating your date and your pps no and tell him your situation and he may be able to help you ...if he gives you some of the back money it will just be deducted out of your payment when your claim comes through .....
    if you are stuck you should give it a go thats what they are there for ..good luck everyone

• Advertisement

A girl in work tried this, but as her family were getting more than the basic SW rate for 2 adults and 2 kids, there was no payment in advance of her arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I applied mid september but with no payslips, have both of them to send away now, would be great if they put it through right away, but figure it's going to be a long winter waiting on it.

I applied mid september but with no payslips, have both of them to send away now, would be great if they put it through right away, but figure it's going to be a long winter waiting on it.

Tried them one last time today in the hope it was processed but they confirmed that my date of application June 28th is officeally boxed up and will not be touched until after the new year... Gutted 22 weeks waiting and I hear that but at least she was honest with me..... It's all I can take from it really

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Tried them one last time today in the hope it was processed but they confirmed that my date of application June 28th is officeally boxed up and will not be touched until after the new year... Gutted 22 weeks waiting and I hear that but at least she was honest with me..... It's all I can take from it really

Thats what has been the case for the past week or so but some people wont/cant take this on board.I can't see anyone getting any other answer if the ring/email DSP.

Thats what has been the case for the past week or so but some people wont/cant take this on board.I can't see anyone getting any other answer if the ring/email DSP.

I guess everyone is just like I was hoping it would be there the next day they wake up especially when so many different things are being posted about new applications still very strange they just stopped dead at 3/4 of the way through a month but I've ccepted the answer and I'll just have to wait in due course....

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

I realise this question is not on your list of acceptable things to post mp22, but...

The people who's claims are after being processed recently, are they getting back dated payments without hassle?

Cant see why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Just wondering if anyone has emailed Joan Burton and received a reply???

No but local TD have answered, especially when I gave a possible reason for why the processing of older claims was shelved in favour of new ones.

I am resigned to the fact that nothing can be done. The media were very interested but as claims are being processed there's not much they can do about this 'once off hiccup'.

Won't the new processing section just get behind after a certain amount of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    No but local TD have answered, especially when I gave a possible reason for why the processing of older claims was shelved in favour of new ones.

What was the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

I got a note back in the post from joan burtons office after i emailed saying they received my email, no acknowledgement from enda kennys office after i emailed and denis naughton td emailed me back and brought the issue to the papers and said he would try and raise the issue in the dail
    I no probably a useless question but did anyone speak to anyone in the FIS office this week are they still saying april 2013 or maybe even 2014 this week

• Advertisement

I got a note back in the post from joan burtons office after i emailed saying they received my email, no acknowledgement from enda kennys office after i emailed and denis naughton td emailed me back and brought the issue to the papers and said he would try and raise the issue in the dail
    I no probably a useless question but did anyone speak to anyone in the FIS office this week are they still saying april 2013 or maybe even 2014 this week

There not giving specific dates but I spoke to them wednesday evening and told January they will start processing again

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Amandam123

i applied at the end of july. i also sent an email to joan burtons office and received a reply to say they were looking into it, i also wrote to my local labour td and he is currently in contact with the fis section and im hoping to have a response in the next day or two. ill keep you updated although i wouldnt hold my breath:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

Well they must be getting quicker up in Letterkenny...I applied on Aug 28th and received a letter on Friday saying "you have been awarded FIS at the weekly rate of €XXX for 52 weeks......".First payment due Thursday. My other half was nearly crying when we got the letter.

Don't give up hope. Goodluck everyone.

*******************EDIT***********************

Just to clarify, my app date was 30th of August. So hopefully that means they've got on top of things.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

stevejr wrote: »
    Well they must be getting quicker up in Letterkenny...I applied on Aug 28th and received a letter on Friday saying "you have been awarded FIS at the weekly rate of €XXX for 52 weeks......".First payment due Thursday. My other half was nearly crying when we got the letter.

Don't give up hope. Goodluck everyone.

*******************EDIT***********************

Just to clarify, my app date was 30th of August. So hopefully that means they've got on top of things.

Was it a new claim or a renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

Delighted you got sorted, was yours a renewal or a new application????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭stevejr

jen09 wrote: »

Was it a new claim or a renewal?

It was a new claim.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

im 9th of august and not a thing :(

Just off the phone to Fis and they said all new claims are not being processed til after christmas, this is madness
    >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

Cant believe you got processed its great for you cant imagine the relief coming up to xmas . just even more confusing your new claim got processed though im july and im assuming im sitting in the box till after xmas if anyone else get processed please let us know
    thanks again good for you happy xmas

• Advertisement

Defo confused now.... I'm June 28th and told I'm in a box.... Hard to understand how Agust claims would get there's.....

Advertisement