Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    Hi yabbadabbadoo I know someone who was paid and their application was june 22nd im dated very close to that and was wondering do you know have they stopped processing the claims now until new year

Yes they have stopped processing them claims ,some date at the end of June was the last ones processed.If you read back this thread a few pages it has been mentioned numerous times.They will be processed once the renewals backlog is cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yes they have stopped processing them claims ,some date at the end of June was the last ones processed.If you read back this thread a few pages it has been mentioned numerous times.They will be processed once the renewals backlog is cleared.

Thanks mate I'm dated June 28th and I'm just praying that I may be just that lucky to have gotten processed, and looking back over the posts on this I think a few people would love to get you a pint for your help and quick responses. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

yabadabado wrote: »

But how come it seems that new applicants from November are being processed very confusing but any suggested length of time it would normally take to clear renewal backlogs????

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

mattsd2012 wrote: »

But how come it seems that new applicants from November are being processed very confusing but any suggested length of time it would normally take to clear renewal backlogs????

Any applications from 5th nov onwards are being processed and paid straight away. Any sent in before that won't be paid before Xmas, there is a statement about this abd explaining it on the dail web page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kar M C

just read that there Carkel, i sent my application in on tue i will wait and c how i get on. Can't believe this is case and that they are leaving others to wait for theirs for so long i think its sickening so near to christmas. http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/debates%20authoring/debateswebpack.nsf/takes/dail2012111500036?opendocument

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kar M C

Hi just to let ye know i got a letter from FIS this morning just saying they've received my application but due to recent increases of applications it is likely that there will be some delay in processing my claim.So hopefully there is hope for all that have being waiting mths.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hairless

Hi everyone, just to let you know that our claim has been sorted out and we got our first payment last Thursday. Thanks to everyone - especially Yabbadabbadoo - for all the helpful information over the last few months. Cheers

hairless wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just to let you know that our claim has been sorted out and we got our first payment last Thursday. Thanks to everyone - especially Yabbadabbadoo - for all the helpful information over the last few months. Cheers
    What was date on your letter??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojo05

So anyone from July to nov application is just pit into a box and forgotten about this is a load of crap sick of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

seriously i thought 20 weeks waiting was as bad as it gets but obviously not we are now a pile in a box . I emailed Denis naughton as he is the only TD to have raised the issue previously he got a response today confirming my application which was july 25th should be processed by april 2013. Here is his response and i think its worthwhile contacting your local TD about this becuase its not ok to be stuck in a box in an office and no is responsible for this happening. maybe if the office gets enough calls from some TDs the box might get moved to someones desk at least.

Further to your representations regarding FIS. Please find enclosed a copy of a response which I have received from FIS. It is not good news but I'm hoping to raise this mess in the Dail this week and try to get some progress.
    As soon as I have further news on this matter, I'll be in contact again.

In the meantime if I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

• Advertisement

I was only a week from the date they stopped processing applications :( so mad nobody to help us you ring Fis get ignorant staff on the phone to tell u all applications are in a box don't think Joan burton has a clue I think we should all ring her secretary maybe she might do something

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luthien

hairless wrote: »
    Hi! I'm in the same situation has you were but still waiting for the inspector... How many weeks did you wait after seen the inspector? My date was 24th of May... Thanks

great idea on joan burton going emailing now too ..come on they cant be left sitting in a box and we do nothing while new applicants are being processed just click on link http://www.joanburton.ie/contact-us and u can email from there with all your details real easy no good complaining her if we do nothing
    http://www.joanburton.ie/contact-usthing.

great idea on joan burton going emailing now too ..come on they cant be left sitting in a box and we do nothing while new applicants are being processed just click on link http://www.joanburton.ie/contact-us and u can email from there with all your details real easy no good complaining her if we do nothing
    http://www.joanburton.ie/contact-usthing.
    Just sent an email thanks for the information.

Dont think Joan burton would even get the email just read the statement on the Dail website they are just ignoring us and dealing with the renewals and nov applications couldn't be legal

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

sounds pretty unfare alright ..they couldnt think this the best way of dealing with a back log ..cant get my head around it at all but i guess the staff have to do as they are asked ..fingers crossed they just get stuck in an get them sorted

anjo70 wrote: »
    sounds pretty unfare alright ..they couldnt think this the best way of dealing with a back log ..cant get my head around it at all but i guess the staff have to do as they are asked ..fingers crossed they just get stuck in an get them sorted

It's very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I sent my story to a few radio stations and newspapers and 2 got back to me!

No reply from Joan Burton, 1 reply from my local TD, (the one I voted for!)

At least it hit the papers although joan burton confirmed the bad news about the wait at least now they know its not ok to leave our applications sitting in a box http://www.independent.ie/national-news/lowincome-families-may-not-get-cash-by-christmas-3300446.html. Think everyone should keep up emailing and calling

Contacted letterkenny again today they do not have new applications from July to nov they only have the renewals so where are our applications gone so bad can't find out rang lonford on hold for 25 mins just gave up

• Advertisement

Just got word bck from press office of social welfare she contacted Fis claims not been looked at till new year just going to give up :(

Maybe Joe Duffy can help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Jojo05 wrote: »
    Maybe Joe Duffy can help :)

Is that you Liz?;)

It was by fluke that I sent my application after the 5 of nov. I had to get my p60 re-issued. I was all set for a 6 month wait.

No it's not Liz good news for u that u got sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Contacted letterkenny again today they do not have new applications from July to nov they only have the renewals so where are our applications gone so bad can't find out rang lonford on hold for 25 mins just gave up
    It doesnt really make any difference where the files are,they are going to be processed in Letterkenny when they have cleared the renewal backlog.What I have been told they have all been boxed up and were going to be sent to letterkenny ,either way they aren't going to be processed until January at the earliest.
    It has been said on here numerous times now ,first time applications before November wont be processed until 2013 ,when the renewals are cleared.Unless there is a change in procedure from the minister no amount of calls to letterkenny/FIS is going to get a different answer.Its a bitch of a situation but its been done to sort out the mess for good,where in the future no one will be waiting to get there renewal processed.

When did u apply for Fis franciscoli ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

When did u apply for Fis franciscoli ?????
    first week of July.Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

Is that you Liz?;)

It was by fluke that I sent my application after the 5 of nov. I had to get my p60 re-issued. I was all set for a 6 month wait.

;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

THREAD CLOSED FOR CLEAN UP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Ok thread reopened.

This thread is for new FIS waiting times only.the only posts that are acceptable are posts that contain only the following info.

Date applied for FIS (first time application)

Date claim approved.

Genuine information on the date's the dept are working on at the minute

If posters wish to discuss gov policy/dept policy take it to the politics forum.

Failure to follow the above instructions will result in a forum ban

Advertisement