Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

gmcevoy wrote: »
    People need to calm down... i would be very suprised if they have actually stopped processing claims as it would cause an even bigger back log. They are clearing all renewals at the minute as they are priority based on already claiming. its hardly their fault that in the past year the amount of applications have increased ten fold... Honestly id say anyone with new applications dated end of july will be sorted by christmas and maybe even pushed out to mid august applications.............. And just to clarify to all im a new applicant too and still waiting... look at the illogical concept of them cancelling claims its now early november and they processed 15th of June last. Imagine they restart in January.. anyone that applies in november may aswell wait till next november to get paid... Id say they are giving worst case scenarios
    They havent stopped processing claims but as it stands no first time applications will be processed until they clear the backlog of renewals claims.This has been said to a few people who have rang the dept. in the past few days.They hope to have all renewal backlogs cleared by xmas and then clear the new applications backlog then.There are extra staff allocated to clear these backlogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gmcevoy

They havent stopped processing claims but as it stands no first time applications will be processed until they clear the backlog of renewals claims.This has been said to a few people who have rang the dept. in the past few days.They hope to have all renewal backlogs cleared by xmas and then clear the new applications backlog then.There are extra staff allocated to clear these backlogs.

thats what i said just not in alot more words i e-mailed them and got an honest answer

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

gmcevoy wrote: »
    thats what i said just not in alot more words i e-mailed them and got an honest answer
    but you seem to be under the impression that people with July and maybe even August claims might get sorted before xmas.They wont ,if your claim hasnt been processed yet ,you wont recieve a payment before xmas on a new application.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

@gmcevoy think it's unfair to ask people to calm down I think after patiently waiting 18 weeks and then to b told on the phone yesterday don't expect an answer till jan-April 2013 everyone has a right to get mad .Time to ask the our local representatives to find out what's going on ( thats what there paid to do ) Everyone who calls looking for an answer gets a different answer and explanation and it's no longer acceptable. So Sorry no more calm from me a desperate mom who was hoping this might help towards buying something for my kids for xmas .

but you seem to be under the impression that people with July and maybe even August claims might get sorted before xmas.They wont ,if your claim hasnt been processed yet ,you wont recieve a payment before xmas on a new application.

Well actually im waiting 20 weeks myself and i also made a phone call to be told that new applications are on hold.... however i took the opportunity to e-mail the fis section exactly one hour after this phone call and the reply i recieved was that my application would be processed in 2-3 weeks ... And I apologise if i annoyed anyone with the calm down but please dont be fooled that your over paid local representatives will help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

anjo70 wrote: »
    hi i hope its wrong myself but thats what i was told when i rang the fis phone line today ,a few weeks ago i was told i had a few weeks left the middle of november then last week i was told by a very rude member of staff well you just have to wait till after christmass like everyone else i was confused about it thats why i rang again today ...same here i dont finish work till my work is done and if i have extra work i just have to work faster ...hopefully it will get sorted faster!!!

As is the case in all work places you could always write to the manager of the FIS section and make a complaint about the staff member. I'm quite sure staff are doing all they can .

I'm not going to bother contacting FIS it's a complete waste of time we are all getting different information so how can you believe 2 3 weeks when they tell others nothing till after xmas and im no fool contacting local representative I'm trying to be proactive as waiting 18 weeks has got me no where. I doubt emailing complaining to Fis will help they will prob push my applicants back further. I no we are all trying get the same outcome here so I think all advice is welcomed. Best of luck to everyone in there applicant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

5. This is not a forum for criticizing Government Departments or Semi-State Bodies. (and their staff)

5a - 5 includes the policies of the Government Departments of Semi-State Bodies

From here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055070569

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

hi has anyone got any new news on new claims ..whats the most recent dates for successful applications i wonder ...still living in hope for christmas ...15 july is my date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

anjo70 wrote: »
    hi has anyone got any new news on new claims ..whats the most recent dates for successful applications i wonder ...still living in hope for christmas ...15 july is my date :)

Its been mentioned a few times already but there wont be any new claims processed before xmas.the last dates that would have been processed was claims with a start date of 21/6/12.Any other information is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Carkel

My date is 26th July. I rang today and the lady told me that all new applications are being dealt with in letterkenny since last week and they will be slower processing the new claims as the people doing it have never done it before. She said i could be lucky and get my payment before xmas but She also said that any claims not sorted before Xmas will be cleared in bulk after Xmas whatever that means. She advised me to ring 1st week in dec and see what way they are then.

Just let everyone know ... my letter was dated the 26/06 and I recieved my payment today. As I said in a previous statement they are doing their best to get through all applications at the moment and are not on hold till after christmas. So best of luck to all still waiting

Gmcevoy good for you that gives us all hopes that they are still busy processing.

I just received a 2 line email from the FIS section no introduction or sign off just this:

"it is envisaged that claims like yours (new claims) will be processed by April 2013"

This is absolutely unacceptable. The date if my letter is 26th July 2012, 4 weeks on from present date they are working on, why will it take another 5 months to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

Thats disgraceful it will be nearly time for renewal by the time we get sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They want to have all backlogs cleared by April.This is from June to November first time applications, so anyone waiting on a June/July claim should have their claim processed early 2013 and people who applied after that would be waiting until April at the latest but claims would be dealth with in date order.
    When this process is completed it is planned to have first time applications processed within a few weeks from receipt of the application .
    They basically are trying to put in place a process where once a claim is processed they will be waiting a mimimum time for their renewal(the plan is no break in payments).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liz_dow

Just off the Phone with them and they confirmed that they have stopped processing all new claims untill Jaunary . Our date was June 26th but it has not been processed , they just said it will be Atleast January before we hear :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jojo05

I rang yesterday and they told me all applications had gone to letterkenny too I got through to letterkenny today and she said they only have renewals up there mine is new application so rang longford bck today and got same girl and she said there in boxs waiting to go. Everyone is been given different info it's a load if crap my date is July 2nd so sick of this :( I also asked when was the date they stopped doing applications couldn't even tell me that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Strange one for ya. I applied for fis 2 weeks ago and i got a reply today in post stating that my payment will start this month. I thought i would be waiting 6 or more months? Its alot less than i expected but its something i suppose.

Strange one for ya. I applied for fis 2 weeks ago and i got a reply today in post stating that my payment will start this month. I thought i would be waiting 6 or more months? Its alot less than i expected but its something i suppose.

Was it a renewal or new application

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Was it a new claim or a renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sorry for the late reply. It was a new application. so if it was a renewal, could i have been waiting the six months?

Sorry for the late reply. It was a new application. so if it was a renewal, could i have been waiting the six months?
    Renewals are meant to get preference. New applications are meant to be on hold until after Xmas. Mine is sent in since July and I still haven't gotten payment yet.

Carkel wrote: »
    Renewals are meant to get preference. New applications are meant to be on hold until after Xmas. Mine is sent in since July and I still haven't gotten payment yet.

As far as i know anyone who sends in a new claim after 5th nov are getting payment within two weeks and anyone who sent in a claim before that date has to wait till after xmas as they have been sent to letterkenny to be processed,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

jen09 wrote: »
    As far as i know anyone who sends in a new claim after 5th nov are getting payment within two weeks and anyone who sent in a claim before that date has to wait till after xmas as they have been sent to letterkenny to be processed,

You must be joking me!!!

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Right time to e-mail Joan Burton.

So whats the story, is it better to just reaply now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You must be joking me!!!

That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. Right time to e-mail Joan Burton.

no you shouldnt reapply you will lose your back paymant..send them an email and contact your local TD and let them know how this is effecting you .. and good luck with it

wmpdd3 wrote: »

You must be joking me!!!

No dont reapply as anjo said u will lose your backpayment, this system was put in place to clear the backlog, i know its not very fair on us who have been waiting months but i dont think there is much we can do only wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Kar M C

I applied for fis this wk not holding my breath for anytime soon but will let ye know if it comes through........i'd say i'm in it for the long haul as in 5 to 6 mths like most

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kar M C wrote: »
    I applied for fis this wk not holding my breath for anytime soon but will let ye know if it comes through........i'd say i'm in it for the long haul as in 5 to 6 mths like most

You will have a decision before the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

yabadabado wrote: »
    You will have a decision before the end of the month.

Hi yabbadabbadoo I know someone who was paid and their application was june 22nd im dated very close to that and was wondering do you know have they stopped processing the claims now until new year

Advertisement