Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    come again, its considered a classic?
    :confused:

not even snoop himself considered it a classic hugh, but you seem to be very ignorant lately and you don't reply to a single one of my posts so i'm probably wasting my time with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

come again, its considered a classic?
    :confused:

No, like Illmatic it was not very well received but later went on to be well liked by most people.

Not a classic, but he had just beaten jail was stuck on death row and had no access to Dre, but later sold well still. It did not do bad when it came out either, just not as big as Doggystyle but very few artists match their earlier releases anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

But Bishop, Rakim and Busta were not a priority either. Aftermath is very picky, but somehow managed to let out just loose it and recovery.

Plus Detox is not even out, and he always said Lamont would be a big part of it

That's the essence of Aftermath! Eminem is the only priority on Aftermath - look at Crack A Bottle, We Made You, Just Lose It - Eminem could literally hand Jimmy a burned CD with him covering Mariah Careys greatest hits and it would be in stores a month later. It doesn't matter what it sounds like, if it's Eminem it's going to sell regardless.

Bishop, Slim, Kendrick - all of these have been a big part of Detox at some point. Detox will never come out though so this is irrelevant, Dre just uses it as an excuse from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

No, like Illmatic it was not very well received but later went on to be well liked by most people.

Not a classic, but he had just beaten jail was stuck on death row and had no access to Dre, but later sold well still. It did not do bad when it came out either, just not as big as Doggystyle but very few artists match their earlier releases anyway.
    i completely agree, there was many factors why it ended up being disappointing, what youve said, and dre not having the same input being another reason.
    but the fact remains, and very much to my own disappointment, the album was under whelming.

not just for me, for a lot of snoop fans, thats a fact most people could tell you.

It had decent sales and only became more liked over time. I would not call that a failure or disappointing.

• Advertisement

It had decent sales and only became more liked over time. I would not call that a failure or disappointing.
    without sounding like a dikk, you wernt there mate, it was always gonna have big sales regardless, this was in a time before the internet, people had to buy music before finding out how it sounded.
    and the success of doggystyle/deathrow was a huge factor.
    as for it being more liked, by who, where is this coming from?

like i said mate, hope i didnt come off as a dikk but im only saying what im saying because you told me your age, you are talking in hind sight, i am talking from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

im older than you, thats all you need to know, im talking from first hand experience, you are not.
    i know it was a disappointment.

and you know this because i mentioned my age on another thread right? im 24 but the point is you cant just say to someone they don't know what their talking about just because they don't share the "we" or the majoritys opinion, especially when i have the actual album aswell as a few more of snoops albums.

who are you to actually say that? it doesn't matter when or where i listened to it or the fact i was 6 or 7 when it was released because im not claiming to have listened to it then because the fact is i have listened all of snoops albums.

but that is totally irrelevant to the point, so stop talking this first hand nonsense especially when your hiding your age, because one could also accuse you as the one who took a trip down wiki lane.
    forget mentioning every post ive made in the past, stop comparing what im saying ow to what ive said previously, thats twice in two days now youve done that.
    if your best argument is my post history you dont know what your taking about.

thats because a lot of the time you try to be a smart arse with your posts in other words acting the comedian or posting to seek a reaction in other words the times you have been labelled a troll isn't too hard to believe.

my best argument is the fact, i asked you if it was a personal opinion if you felt it was a disappointment? you then went on to categorize every snoop fan into one ball then taking it upon yourself to speak for us all...

hugh you really need to understand that not all hip hop fans have the same opinions, if we did it would be a very boring genre...

1996 was a time before the internet? No, No it was not. Also especially in America the internet was well established as was the web.

I am talking from extreme hindsight, but that does not matter as the figures show it sold well just not as well as his debut and people rarely do as well as their debut especially when they loose Dre, are stuck on a label, have a posthumous 2pac release the same time and have just won a trial.

like i said in that other thread, aint reading it, aint doing the paragraph by paragraph tit for tat.
    good luck to ye.

1996 was a time before the internet? No, No it was not. Also especially in America the internet was well established as was the web.
    people were not downloading like today, please dont tell they were, please do not try and argue that people could have easily gotten hold of the doggfather before its release, please do not tell me people were not hearing the doggfather for the first time the day they bought it.
    please please please dont fall into that trap just to get one over on me.

• Advertisement

like i said in that other thread, aint reading it, aint doing the paragraph by paragraph tit for tat.
    good luck to ye.

only because you're afraid of losing an argument and you can't accept defeat, you're hiding you're age, why don't you admit how old you are?

I am talking from extreme hindsight, but that does not matter as the figures show it sold well just not as well as his debut and people rarely do as well as their debut especially when they loose Dre, are stuck on a label, have a posthumous 2pac release the same time and have just won a trial.
    drake sells well, wayne sells well, you say they are trash, again, selective memory.
    it sold well because he had a huge fan base, people were none the less disappointed.

people were not downloading like today, please dont tell they were, please do not try and argue that people could have easily gotten hold of the doggfather before its release, please do not tell me people were not hearing the doggfather for the first time the day they bought it.
    please please please dont fall into that trap just to get one over on me.

Better albums have sold less way before this album and way after this album.

Also copying tapes or recording off the radio was very common.

The album did worse than his debut, this happens often not just in hip-hop and not just in music.

good luck to ye.

i don't think you deserve a conversation with any poster here tbh hugh, a great way to prove your wrong aswell as how old you are, real mature.

come back to me when you grow up.

drake sells well, wayne sells well, you say they are trash, again, selective memory.
    it sold well because he had a huge fan base, people were none the less disappointed.

IMO they are trash compared to how much they sell. That is not selective, thats an opinion.

Better albums have sold less way before this album and way after this album.

Also copying tapes or recording off the radio was very common.

The album did worse than his debut, this happens often not just in hip-hop and not just in music.
    people copied albums off the radio?

people copied albums off the radio?

Have you never recorded to a tape off the radio? Also have you never copied a tape?

Also copying tapes or recording off the radio was very common (hell I even did it)

ye i remember that lol (flashback) had the mmlp on tape the first time i listened to it, me and a mate went into the shops, i bought 2001 by dre and he bought the MMLP by em so we recorded them both on tapes for each other.

good times :D.

IMO they are trash compared to how much they sell. That is not selective, thats an opinion.
    no its selective, its you forgetting what you say, its common opinion/consensus that the doggfather was disappointing.

has nothing to do with the sales, its to do with the material.

ye i remember that lol (flashback) had the mmlp on tape the first time i listened to it, me and a mate went into the shops, i bought 2001 by dre and he bought the MMLP by em so we recorded them both on tapes for each other.

Haha, I won't say what type of songs I was recorded around that time lets just say they were not even close to hip-hop although my brother did have the chronic, 2001 and ems albums on CD.

• Advertisement

i dont believe that, no one was buying tapes back then, cd's all the way, your lying, shame on you.

i dont believe that, no one was buying tapes back then, cd's all the way, your lying, shame on you.

well thats bullshít because my aunty had the first 3 eminem albums on tape and my da was still buyin the police and u2 tapes so you're talkin out your arsé

La di da, Mr rich man buying blank CD's in the 90's I suppose you also had a DVD player before the ps2? :D

anyone find it hard to believe that hugh who claims to be at least in his late 20s because he's older than me (24) has such a liking for todays more teeny bopper hip hop with drake and lil wayne etc...

i know people around my age mid 20s like drake etc , but im struggling to find any hip hop heads in there late 20s/30s who bang young mula baby...

stop lying hugh, the same man never head of a tape recordings :D

anyone find it hard to believe that hugh who claims to be at least in his late 20s because he's older than me (24) has such a liking for todays more teeny bopper hip hop with drake and lil wayne etc...

i know people around my age mid 20s like drake etc , but im struggling to find any hip hop heads in there late 20s/30s who bang young mula baby...

stop lying hugh, the same man never head of a tape recordings :D
    stop mate, you dont know any hip hop heads, youve never been to a concert, you wernt buying dr dre's 2001 when you were 13, you wouldnt have been served.
    stop lying, and just accept im right, its not a competition, im not trying to get one over on you.
    and btw, i get it, your music tastes are broadening, dont be the sort of dikk who looks down his nose just because hes discovered multi's , metaphors and realism.:rolleyes:

stop mate, you dont know any hip hop heads, youve never been to a concert, you wernt buying dr dre's 2001 when you were 13, you wouldnt have been served.
    stop lying, and just accept im right, its not a competition, im not trying to get one over on you.
    and btw, i get it, your music tastes are broadening, dont be the sort of dikk who looks down his nose just because hes discovered multi's , metaphors and realism.:rolleyes:

There's something deeply wrong with you if you believe what you're saying, seriously.

Have you never recorded to a tape off the radio? Also have you never copied a tape?
    im not sure what you mean, do you mean buy a tape and copy on to a blank tape?

You would have been served 2001 at 13, sure I bought GTA3 when I was 11 with no problems. Stop talking nonsense.
    im not sure what you mean, do you mean buy a tape and copy on to a blank tape?

Seriously, either you are very very rich or just were not paying attention during the 80's and 90's.
    You used blank tapes to records songs off the radio or for copying a cd or another tape.

I could have bought 2001 when I was 13 (I did not though) sure I bought GTA3 when I was 11 with no problems.

Stop talking nonsense.
    you would not have gotten 2001 in hmv when you were 13.

• Advertisement

Seriously, either you are very very rich or just were not paying attention during the 80's and 90's.
    You used blank tapes to records songs off the radio or for copying a cd or another tape.
    oh ye people taped songs off the radio, but you said they taped albums off the radio, that didnt happen.

Advertisement