Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like voting Broombridge as your favorite Irish Rail station.

Haha it's great. Now Scroobius Pip is getting in on the act. He's going around and retweeting a few of the tweets from Bieber's fans about how much they love him and how amazing he is.

I heard Bieber is on a track with Lil Twist from Young Money. It's gonna be released soon enough I think. Not sure if the little runt will be rapping on it though. I think he realises himself that he has no hope of being taken seriously as a rapper. I can see him, however, changing up to become the next Justin Timberlake in a few years time.

And he shouldn't be short of people willing to work with him. Everyone that is except for DJ Premier :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

birdman weighs in with his view.

really dont like this fela.:D

anyone think 50 crossed the line with the pics of jay z's new baby? i think its funny but i cant wait to hear jiggas opinion on them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

anyone think 50 crossed the line with the pics of jay z's new baby? i think its funny but i cant wait to hear jiggas opinion on them:D

50 is just an attention starved idiot these days, nobody takes any notice of his records anymore so he has to resort to these cheap shots to gain any kind of publicity, it's sad to see. He's still mad at Jay who's better rapper and a more successful business mogul than he'll ever be, haters gon' hate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    50 is just an attention starved idiot these days, nobody takes any notice of his records anymore so he has to resort to these cheap shots to gain any kind of publicity, it's sad to see. He's still mad at Jay who's better rapper and a more successful business mogul than he'll ever be, haters gon' hate :pac:

Tbh i would love to see a feud between those 2, it would be entertaining and I really can't see Jay taking them pictures of his first born too lightly.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Tbh i would love to see a feud between those 2, it would be entertaining and I really can't see Jay taking them pictures of his first born too lightly.

I'd like to see it too but tbh I don't think Jay has any interest in beefing with anyone these days, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't respond to the pics at all, it's too bad because it would have been fun to see him humiliate 50...

• Advertisement

50 is just an attention starved idiot these days, nobody takes any notice of his records anymore so he has to resort to these cheap shots to gain any kind of publicity, it's sad to see. He's still mad at Jay who's better rapper and a more successful business mogul than he'll ever be, haters gon' hate

his latest videos from his mixtape have millions of views on youtube aswell as downloads, i wouldnt go that far yet tbh but his next album will tell a lot. 50's always been like this man from day 1 he was always outspoken/attention seeking even when he was selling millions everyone knows that.

it would be great man but jay wont respond but tbh i dont think jigga has a beef in him anymore.
    I'd like to see it too but tbh I don't think Jay has any interest in beefing with anyone these days, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't respond to the pics at all, it's too bad because it would have been fun to see him humiliate 50...

i have to stop you there man, jiggas music is in an even worse state imo there's a reason why he relyed heavily on features for his last album and teaming up with kanye made obvious sense most people who bought WTT wanted to hear kanye, jigga was in an honest opinion very hard to listen to on WTT aswell as bp3 which was a very pop orientated album.

Would make a very interesting battle as both are struggling musically, but 50 strives on beef and in this case would be the underdog and the last time 50 was the underdog he took out a whole label, on the other hand this could give jigga a kick up the hole he deserves a nd he really could pull out some take over sh*t :)

both best days are well behind them though.

krs one's take on it, he's right hip hop needs a battle on this scale, could be possibly the biggest commercial hop hop battle ever. Love how krs points out that no one is above battling in hip hop.

Would be more interesting than Common v Drake for sure but it will never happen, Jay's been there and done it before, he's a business mogul and now a family man, he wouldn't have much to gain from beefing with 50. Honestly think BP3 and WTT are both better than Curtis and BISD and if it ever were to happen I think Jay would make short work of him. If Jay wanted to beef again and gain something from it he'd go up against a relevant rapper like Wayne. Jay v 50 would only be slightly more interesting than Common v Drake, beefs today aren't what they used to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I love krs, also staten still getting left out of the story.

I love krs, also staten still getting left out of the story.

I love krs' rapping but i saw a video on youtube of him calling lil wayne the best rapper alive, that kinda put me off him as a person, still love his music though

I love krs' rapping but i saw a video on youtube of him calling lil wayne the best rapper alive, that kinda put me off him as a person, still love his music though

Krs-one is well known for distinguishing between rappers and Emcees, so I am not that put off by him saying wayne is the best rapper as that always changes frequently and it means a lot different than when most people use that phrase.

• Advertisement

Would be more interesting than Common v Drake for sure but it will never happen, Jay's been there and done it before, he's a business mogul and now a family man, he wouldn't have much to gain from beefing with 50. Honestly think BP3 and WTT are both better than Curtis and BISD and if it ever were to happen I think Jay would make short work of him. If Jay wanted to beef again and gain something from it he'd go up against a relevant rapper like Wayne. Jay v 50 would only be slightly more interesting than Common v Drake, beefs today aren't what they used to be :)
    Would be more interesting than Common v Drake for sure but it will never happen

i suppose its a matter of opinion really, personally i rather see jay v 50 anyday as both are battle like rappers, drake wont put up much of a fight if he responds, and i cant see it going down as classic like beef anyway.
    Jay's been there and done it before, he's a business mogul and now a family man, he wouldn't have much to gain from beefing with 50.

you see the thing is man, 50 is also all of those things including the been there done it before scenario.
    Honestly think BP3 and WTT are both better than Curtis and BISD
    id agree here but you can hardly count WTT as an actual jay z album, curtis was released in 07 and it was imo my opinion a lot better album than american gangsta both released within a few months of each other but ye bp3 was better than bisd your right there.
    I think Jay would make short work of him.

im a big fan of both and imo i dont think anyone would make short work of 50 or jigga in a beef, 50 more so because he has rised to fame through beef he is a rapper built for controversy/beef even when you go back to his how to rob days infact it was jigga who was one of first to respond to that track where he attacked most of the rap industry.
    "Go against Jigga yo' ass is dense
    I'm about a dollar, what the **** is 50 Cents?"
    If Jay wanted to beef again and gain something from it he'd go up against a relevant rapper like Wayne. Jay v 50 would only be slightly more interesting than Common v Drake, beefs today aren't what they used to be

true but imo i think jay v 50 would be better and more entertaining not only because im a fan of both but I dont think wayne has ever really been in a back and forth beef and i dont think his music reflects beefing for the best part, i could be wrong on that but both jay and 50 have been part of 2 of the most memorable beefs in recent times and are 2 of the biggest commercial rappers in the industry today, both are really household names on a global stage when it comes to music.

but imo the only thing keeping jay relevant these days is his relationship with beyonce and its been like that a few years now, that relationship has obvious commercial benefits for his career exposing him to a an audience outside hip hop.

you see the thing is man, 50 is also all of those things including the been there done it before scenario.

I mean it in the sense that Jay has been through it all before and has no real interest in going back to beefing with other rappers. 50, on the other hand, has more experience than most when it comes to beef and even today if any rapper takes a shot at him, chances are he will respond. 50, Wayne and Game (among others) have all taken shots at Jay and Jay has barely given them the time of day, the only response he'll give most of the time are a few subliminal lines and he'll leave it at that.

Wouldn't mind seeing 50 v Jay but just can't see it happening.

FBI Release File on ODB
    Wu-Tang Clan's Ol' Dirty Bastard was "heavily involved" in "murder, car-jackings … and the sale of drugs [and] illegal guns", according to a newly released FBI report. The FBI's 93-page file on ODB, revealed in a Freedom of Information request, connects the rapper with a litany of serious crimes in the late 80s and 90s.

The documents were obtained by Rich Jones of the Gun.io blog, who filed a formal request for information on Russell Tyrone Jones, aka Ol' Dirty Bastard, who died of an accidental drug overdose in 2004. It took the FBI less than a week to respond with its file, consisting of redacted police reports, court proceedings and news clippings. All have been posted online.

According to these papers, Ol' Dirty Bastard was arrested more than 15 times on charges that ranged from resisting arrest to injuring a child, as well as assault, the attempted murder of a police officer, refusing to pay child support and the illegal possession of body armour. It connects him with the Bloods gang and at least two murders, but also describes occasions that ODB was robbed at gunpoint in his own home. "There was an indication that the [thieves] were current or former [music] industry insiders who had banded together to commit the robberies," an officer explained.

Furthermore, Wu-Tang Clan are portrayed as a criminal organisation, co-ordinating drug-deals and homicides – sometimes with musical rewards. "Once individuals have proved themselves as good and loyal members," officers claimed, "they are offered record contracts to record Rap type music." In 2000, Wu-Tang Clan were apparently under investigation by NYPD's violent crimes/gangs squad, the US Attorney's office, a Staten Island detectives unit and the Richmond county district attorney.

The FBI's ODB file will certainly be of interest to the rest of Wu-Tang Clan, who are still making music. A Raekwon biopic is in the works and RZA recently unveiled plans for a film about ODB, starring either Tracy Morgan or Eddie Griffin. "I signed on, of course," he said. "[They] got my blessin' to make it happen."

LINK: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jan/11/fbi-wu-tang-clan-ol-dirty-bastard?newsfeed=true

Interesting, obviously all quite well known but still interesting.

Besides the clan being like the Mafia, that is obviously quite odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Better flow than Rick Ross and makes more sense than Lil Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Saw this pic posted on Raekwon's Twitter page today. The hip hop equivalent of the Brazilian three R's; Rick the Ruler, Raekwon and Rakim all together in a picture. The talent these guys have is incredible.

409511_10150597466493980_31012358979_10836478_1889454272_n.jpg

pretty class video imo, nice beat and video of how it was made.

ryan leslie is a bit of an up and coming producer, has a few nice beats in the last year or 2.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Anyone watching Californication Season 5 yet? The RZA has a role as a guy called Samurai Apocalypse. Really liking him in it so far, he plays believe it or not, a Hip Hop artist and Producer with energy drinks etc. who wants to get into movies.

Alot of it touches on him in reality, but takes it to another extreme. The story is that he wants to make his own movie....it sounds exactly like Beverly Hills Cop, but set elsewhere.

But, he reminds me a bit of Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

They're Back.
    It's official ... DMX and his legendary rap crew Ruff Ryders are getting back together -- in fact, X tells TMZ, a blowout reunion tour is already in the works.

Ruff Ryders first lady Eve told us this weekend to expect a massive comeback -- but X says the RR reunion is already underway ... with CEO Waah Dean currently booking several venues across the country.

The tour is supposed to kick off in a few months -- and X tells us, the entire crew's already on board, including Swizz Beats, Drag-On, and Murda-Mook.

According to DMX, Eve and The L.O.X. haven't signed on yet -- but that's just because he hasn't gotten in touch with them yet. X insists, that will change very soon.

X tells us, "We are all family and we're going to come back stronger than when we left ... It's going to take the nation by storm."

I'm fúckin delighted, can't wait for their first reunion track.

Glad for DMX but Murda-Mook and Swizz annoy the hell out of me for the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    But, he reminds me a bit of Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

He reminds me a lot of Leon but slightly more volatile.

They're Back.

I'm fúckin delighted, can't wait for their first reunion track.

great news, hopefully x can just release more solo stuff first for his album and then concentrate on this but its great news, is it just a re-union tour or an actual album in the works too?

great news, hopefully x can just release more solo stuff first for his album and then concentrate on this but its great news, is it just a re-union tour or an actual album in the works too?

Only a tour from what i can tell but I'd say a few tracks might stem from the reunion and possibly an album with the RR after he gets going again.

He's one of the only artists who is really exciting me this year, I seriously can't wait for his new album and I hope he regains the publicity he used to have.

Only a tour from what i can tell but I'd say a few tracks might stem from the reunion and possibly an album with the RR after he gets going again.

He's one of the only artists who is really exciting me this year, I seriously can't wait for his new album and I hope he regains the publicity he used to have.

ye would love to hear another RR album, i think it would give all their careers a boost tbh.

im looking forward to it myself but i cant see X getting to much publicity on the scale he use to.. gangsta hip hop is dead commercially say X might have to adjust his sound to get popular amongst some of todays younger fans or maybe a drake, eminem or lil wayne ft might help him break back into the commercial scene.

ye would love to hear another RR album, i think it would give all their careers a boost tbh.

im looking forward to it myself but i cant see X getting to much publicity on the scale he use to.. gangsta hip hop is dead commercially say X might have to adjust his sound to get popular amongst some of todays younger fans or maybe a drake, eminem or lil wayne ft might help him break back into the commercial scene.

He seems to have changed like mad lately though, I'm not sure if he'll go for the gangsta image this time around, It's dark and hell is hot was tipping on horrorcore and he wouldn't get his play on mtv or the radio with that kind of music anymore.

He's been doin bible study and trying to become a minister and all kinds of mad shít so I think his new music will be based around religion and preaching to the younger generations and all that, sadly I can't see that having much appeal to people who would listen to wayne and drake and that lot and that is the majority of the hip hop audience out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I dunno, DMX singing auto-tuned hooks might be the next big thing.

RR 3 and 4 were pretty forgettable albums for me. I don't know what a new one would turn out like. I didn't listen to the one that came out last year and I wouldn't have high expectations if there was another one made.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I dunno, DMX singing auto-tuned hooks might be the next big thing.

RR 3 and 4 were pretty forgettable albums for me. I don't know what a new one would turn out like. I didn't listen to the one that came out last year and I wouldn't have high expectations if there was another one made.

I seriously doubt X would consider auto tune hooks, thats for posers like drake and wayne.

Dmx's new single, and i was right he's goin holy this time around, no more gangsta music from X.
    Sounds like a black gospel church song if you ask me, it's fairly good though.

Dmx's new single, and i was right he's goin holy this time around, no more gangsta music from X.
    Sounds like a black gospel church song if you ask me, it's fairly good though.

this is a few months old i think, i remember hearing it think i posted it on a dmx thread here not sure though.

but ye i say this is after being scrapped, i would like to hear a cdq version though it does seem good enough.

think i like about X going into this album is, i feel he has a lot to talk about and i think this time he might be fully recovered so to speak.

dmx's case is kind of similar to eminem's really imo because both went through hard enough personal issues last few years, like em said on talkin to myself from the recovery album... i think something similar to this verse can reflect dmx's situation.
    So I pick myself off the ground and ****in swam 'fore I drowned
    Hit my bottom so hard I bounced twice suffice this time around
    It's different them last two albums didn't count
    Encore I was on drugs, Relapse I was flushing em out
    I've come to make it up to you no more ****ing around
    I've got something to prove to fans cause I feel like I've let em down
    So please accept my apology I finally feel like I'm back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

pretty class video imo, nice beat and video of how it was made.

ryan leslie is a bit of an up and coming producer, has a few nice beats in the last year or 2.

ryan leslie is super talented.

Advertisement