Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

possibly if dre approaches the album with a similar concept of INAD, we might just hear a tribute to nate and maybe even his late son.

i say the concept behind INAD because in fairness he did touch on a relevant situation in his career and how he was struggling etc, its just a shame the actual song musically with that stupid hook and mediocre beat were awful.

also would have been nice to hear dre spit more than one verse, it really did feel like an eminem song.

i love the intro to the INAD video too, but its just asking for a decent song/beat to follow it up.

just watch it again if you can, the intro is class imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Again I actually like that song. Beat is good and they both have good verses and the concept it very good.

Nate Dogg better be on the album, it is a disgrace if he is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

as the majority felt that way, the argument stemmed from hugh speaking for every singe individual snoop fan deeming it was sin like to actually like the album, as said before it wasnt a sh*t album by any means.
    thats 3 or 4 people now who actually bought the album when it came out, rather than relying on reviews from wiki, or where ever you got them, telling you it was a disappointment.
    and your still playing the "hugh" card.:rolleyes:

Point is no matter how bad some people thought Doggfather was it sold well and only grew more liked over time.
    id love to know where this fact is coming from.
    and the selling well, weve done that, dont go all rain man, you know why it sold well.

in fact im glad it sold well, i was still a snoop fan, i wasnt wishing death on him or anything just because he dropped the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Hugh the argument was dropped and forgotten about, why are you tryin to stir shit up?

• Advertisement

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    as the majority felt that way, the argument stemmed from hugh speaking for every singe individual snoop fan deeming it was sin like to actually like the album, as said before it wasnt a sh*t album by any means.
    thats 3 or 4 people now who actually bought the album when it came out, rather than relying on reviews from wiki, or where ever you got them, telling you it was a disappointment.
    and your still playing the "hugh" card.:rolleyes:

Not interested kid, you don't deserve another reply as you actually fail to grasp what we are saying.

Tit for tat and all that little boy :)

Not interested kid, you don't deserve another reply as you actually fail to grasp what we are saying.

here we go with the insults, when all else fails resort to insults, brilliant.:rolleyes:
    FACT: 3 or 4 people who bought the album when it came out have told you the exact same thing as me, the only people not grasping it are you and conor.
    because you were not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Nobody cares anymore, this is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

here we go with the insults, when all else fails resort to insults, brilliant.:rolleyes:
    FACT: 3 or 4 people who bought the album when it came out have told you the exact same thing as me, the only people not grasping it are you and conor.

If You take offense of been called little boy then I apologiez but you should really act more mature if your going to enter a debate/discussion and seek fit to reply only when it suits you, no matter what pathetic excuse you have I.e my reply is too long that's nothing but ignorance.

But Your wrong because you genuinely dont actually grasp what Iv been trying to say to you all along and id explain again no problem only I don't take ignorance very well and that's something you seem to have by the truck load Hugh.

If You take offense of been called little boy then I apologiez but you should really act more mature if your going to enter a debate/discussion and seek fit to reply only when it suits you, no matter what pathetic excuse you have I.e my reply is too long that's nothing but ignorance.

But Your wrong because you genuinely dont actually grasp what Iv been trying to say to you all along and id explain again no problem only I don't take ignorance very well and that's something you seem to have by the truck load Hugh.
    I don't take offense, just don't see the need for it, I know why it's done because I've done it myself, who hasn't, it's just weak to resort to it.
    As for everything else, you've said nothing worth grasping.
    You and conor disagree with me, 2 or 3 other lads have backed me up.
    It's not a competition but does that not tell you that maybe I know what I'm talking about.

If you feel I'm still not grasping it, explain it to me like I'm the little boy you think I am?

• Advertisement

Mufc, don't bother man, all this arguing is gettin tedious by this point, hugh give it a rest please for the sake of the forum mate.

Just read that recovery went 4x platinum the other day, personally i found the majority of that album fairly poor, wasn't the eminem that i like to listen to but there you go,

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Mufc, don't bother man, all this arguing is gettin tedious by this point, hugh give it a rest please for the sake of the forum mate.

Just read that recovery went 4x platinum the other day, personally i found the majority of that album fairly poor, wasn't the eminem that i like to listen to but there you go,

ye it seems a lot of em fans here didn't find it great, i think conor and boom bap are the same as you.

i know i said it before but i liked it, tbh i taught it was a great album. I kind of expected it sound the way it did when i saw the tracklist and some of the features but in all i think it was a great achievement by em, the balance was just right for me and i think it turned out to be a bit of a landmark album for eminem because it really showed that he is back and has progressed and matured as a rapper.

ye it was a very commercial album but at the same point he managed to show some great rap skills imo, even love the way you ft rhianna i taught that was going to be a disaster but em laid it down pretty good rapping about a very relevant topic , it wasnt your average relationship song imo.

but 4x platnium is a hell of achievement in todays market, will aid him even more as he already is the biggest selling hip hop artist in history.

Yeah i went and did a bit of googling after readin that and found out Outkast went 11x platinum with speakerboxxx :eek: that is unbelievable, eminem is definitely the highest selling though, he really has established himself as the most dominant commercial rapper alive.

11 times platinum - wow! I would have thought that that sold 2-3 million.

Is Eminem the biggest selling rap artist though? Looks like he is Jay sold less than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I have to say I liked Recovery, obviously it's not as good as MMLP etc but I still enjoyed a modern Eminem sound.

Em has sold more in the past 15 years then some lads have that are performing for the past 25 years, I'm not the biggest eminem fan in the world but that is some impressive shit right there.

I am a huge fan, but when you have the hottest producer behind you it is not is not that surprising he sold so much.

for anyone who is interested, i posted this a few years ago here but its the billboards list of the best selling albums from 00 to 09, its a good read some flashbacks too of some of the music we got the last decade.

really shows us how popular eminem was and hip hop in general as a genre in those years.

its dominated by shady/aftermath as far as hip hop goes though, eminem has all his albums in that time period including the 8 mile soundtrack at 49 in the list aswell as 50 with get rich,massacare and the g unit beg for mercy album and dre with 2001 at 17.

outkast come in at number 33 with the speakerbox album, bit of a surprise to see kanye not entering the chart until 150 with the college dropout album. ludacris and ja rule feature frequently aswell as nelly who comes in at number 10 with his debut country grammer and lil wayne also with the carter 3 aswell as dmx.

jay z only has one entry with the black album, with jay its the sheer amount of albums he has released combined together that put him up there as a high selling rapper not really each individual album.

this billboard list is just america alone so just imagine the worldwide numbers of some of these albums.

i read somewhere ages ago that eminem passed out tupac as the highest selling rapper a few years ago, up until then i think pac was number 1 in terms of sales in hip hop.

either way it was a very successful and recent decade for hip hop, a lot of us would of been heavily influenced in terms of hip hop from some of these albums.

http://www.billboard.com/charts-decade-end/billboard-200-albums?year=2009#/charts-decade-end/billboard-200-albums?year=2009

Eminem has only sold 11 million more than 2pac, so probably only outsold him within the last 5 years or so.

Great list, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

11 times platinum - wow! I would have thought that that sold 2-3 million.

Technically sold 5.5 million copies but since it was a double disc/2 albums in one the RIAA double counted them.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Technically sold 5.5 million copies but since it was a double disc/2 albums in one the RIAA double counted them.

Ah ok well it was 2 albums, just packaged (released as outkast) as one.

Are you sure how come All eyes on me is not diamond then if sales get counted twice?

Ah ok well it was 2 albums, just packaged (released as outkast) as one.

Are you sure how come All eyes on me is not diamond then if sales get counted twice?

2 pacs greatest hits album is his only diamond album, it was certified last year i think, i remember reading about it.

2 pacs greatest hits album is his only diamond album, it was certified last year i think, i remember reading about it.

Ye but I mean All eyes on me was a double disk and unless an exception was made for Outkast how come it is not diamond if sales are counted twice?

I've no idea what way it works or why they double counted the Outkast album? Doesn't make any sense to me as the album has only sold 5.5 million copies altogether or 2.25 million copies each for Big Boi and Andre if you want to look at it that way.

If it's a case where double albums are counted twice then will the 10 million copies of Biggie's Life After Death count as 20 million?

Makes no sense, Speakerboxxx/Love Below has sold ~5-6 Million copies, not 11 million.

Ye it does not seem to make sense, unless you want to double all double CD albums.

But then again when have they ever made sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

A Tribe Called Quest FTW!!

All Eyez On Me sold 5 million copies in the US within the first two months of its release and over 9 million by 1998. That was the last time its sales were certified but the numbers are probably well over 15 million at this stage, easily 20 million+ worldwide.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    All Eyez On Me sold 5 million copies in the US within the first two months of its release and over 9 million by 1998. That was the last time its sales were certified but the numbers are probably well over 15 million at this stage, easily 20 million+ worldwide.

its strange that it hasnt been certified diamond yet so if thats true, surely though there must be some other sort of loop hole or something we are not aware that determines the certificate if what you said is right...

it could be more than likely be 5 million worldwide in the first 2 months and 9 million worldwide by 98? because if thats true surely it would of sold the extra 1 million from 98 to 2012...

where did you find out that man?

we could possibly have another pac album going diamond at some stage this year too so as the greatest hits only went diamond last summer some time.

its strange that it hasnt been certified diamond yet so if thats true, surely though there must be some other sort of loop hole or something we are not aware that determines the certificate if what you said is right...

it could be more than likely be 5 million worldwide in the first 2 months and 9 million worldwide by 98? because if thats true surely it would of sold the extra 1 million from 98 to 2012...

Record labels have to pay the RIAA to certify album sales, they only certify US sales and All Eyez On Me was certified 5x platinum in 1996 and 9x platinum in 1998. I'm guessing Death Row's various finacial issues/problems since is the main reason the album hasn't hasn't had any certifications since then.

• Advertisement

Sage Francis for example has no certification. It is a poor reflection of sales really as it is US only plus I doubt it takes current legal downloads of older hip-hop albums into account.

Advertisement