Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options
1666768697072»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think everyone has a tolerence level for B-Real :pac:
    That nasal rapping can get to you after a few songs.

Got a mail about the NBN kickstarter.

Sound to me like there having financial issues?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Loads of groups/rappers chance their arms with kickstarters now to fund the studio time for albums.
    It wouldn't suprise me with NBN as they were never massive sellers and there are 3 people in the group to pay.

Hmmm.... I feel empty....

You could watch this short documentry on Mac Miller

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You could watch this short documentry on Mac Miller

That was quite enjoyable actually :P
    Although I think I'm feeling empty because I need a new hook up. Some old school stuff of course....

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That was quite enjoyable actually :P
    Although I think I'm feeling empty because I need a new hook up. Some old school stuff of course....
    How about an excellent album from the West Coast from The B.U.M.s>

Boom_Bap...the gift that keeps on giving

I guess I better keep giving :)

Here's a Big Daddy Kane that nobody talks about. Everybody shoud as it's pretty flawless.

Have you heard this as well

Had a very brief listen (20 mins maybe) of The B.U.M.s and I'm liking what I hear so far.
    Can't make a full assessment as of yet.
    Will give all above a few play-throughs on Friday / Saturday and come back with some thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Dj Muggs' album with GZA of the Wu is fantastic...highly recommended.

The B.U.M.s album...Very smooth beats. Really enjoyed it.
    Is it just me or in the last track I swore I was listening to Kendrick Lamar??!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The B.U.M.s album...Very smooth beats. Really enjoyed it.
    Is it just me or in the last track I swore I was listening to Kendrick Lamar??!

I should elaborate, What I mean is it sounds like a track which may have influenced kdot

Loving this version!

I only found out today that DeLaSoul and 2Pac had beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Crazy story from Bushwick Bill about how he lost his eye

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

This new Action Bronson show might be the best thing ever. Smoking a whole ton of weed and watching Ancient Aliens. First two episodes are on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Everyone is moaning that the EP lineup is poor this year. Thankfully my girlfriend is now forced to go outside the main acts and find other acts she's interested in, namely Joey Bada$$ and Nas. She downloaded 'Illmatic' and 'Summer Knights' on Spotify. I'm going to have '1999' on play every day in the car and we're going to watch 'Time is Illmatic' on Netflix soon.

She has never shown any interest in rap. None. Thank you EP :pac:

I'm lucky, the missus and kids like Tribe, Ugly Duckling and Beastie Boys.

• Advertisement

Some act live, class watch

DJ Quik is a legend, a few of his albums are brilliant start to finish.
    Last year he had an EP with some younger up and comer, I think it was called the Rosecranz EP which is well worth a listen.

First interview by Freddie Gibbs about his recent troubles in Europe.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/04/freddie-gibbs-finally-discusses-the-trial-almost-cost-him-freedom/

An excellent read and I'm delighted that he got justice.

Advertisement