Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Has anyone heard of Jae'son Vasquez?

Apparently he is producing Fiddy's newest tune. He has also done/is doing tunes for Kanye and Cudi.

One of my friends met him over in NY on the J1 there the other day. He is the kind of lad that'd talk his way into a situation like that and he was in a studio with him but I can't help but feel that the Vasquez chap is telling pure lies.

I want so badly to believe it all but I can't really. I've never seen or heard a mention of Jae'son. I'm not the greatest when it comes to knowing my producers but I'm convinced that this chap is a pure nobody leading a few innocent chaps on a merry-go-round.

Anyone know him? Or ever heard of his name?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The name sounds familiar, but I think that it was because he tried to add me as a friend on facebook or maybe even myspace a few years back. Not really the sign of a true megastar adding a lowly sonomab*tch like me to his friend list.

Sounds like a spoofer to be honest, he possibly has sent a beat tape to the names mentioned but never actually gotten a responce.

I found his sound cloud page, nothing that exciting on it really....and no notable names, this furthers the whole spoofer theory.

http://soundcloud.com/iamjaeson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Best three rap artists in my opinion are
    1) Lil Wayne
    2) Drake
    3) Nicki Minaj

No one can touch them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

OuCpn.jpg

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The name sounds familiar, but I think that it was because he tried to add me as a friend on facebook or maybe even myspace a few years back. Not really the sign of a true megastar adding a lowly sonomab*tch like me to his friend list.

Sounds like a spoofer to be honest, he possibly has sent a beat tape to the names mentioned but never actually gotten a responce.

I found his sound cloud page, nothing that exciting on it really....and no notable names, this furthers the whole spoofer theory.

http://soundcloud.com/iamjaeson

Haha just as I thought.

Apparently he is selling his beats for "50 stacks". That was the moment that I began to question it all.

Some garbage beats on that. Listened to a couple of them and they were forgettable. Every one had "money house" on a loop. Drove me mad.

I must keep on asking my friend about it. He has been known to tell outrageous lies himself in the past so I'm surprised that he was duped like this. He hasn't really got a clue though so I suppose I'm not all that surprised. He said to me that he didn't even know what a beat was until he got into the studio.

No doubt America is full of phonies like that trying to show off to some innocent chap from a rural village in Ireland ha.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Haha just as I thought.

Apparently he is selling his beats for "50 stacks". That was the moment that I began to question it all.

Some garbage beats on that. Listened to a couple of them and they were forgettable. Every one had "money house" on a loop. Drove me mad.

I must keep on asking my friend about it. He has been known to tell outrageous lies himself in the past so I'm surprised that he was duped like this. He hasn't really got a clue though so I suppose I'm not all that surprised. He said to me that he didn't even know what a beat was until he got into the studio.

No doubt America is full of phonies like that trying to show off to some innocent chap from a rural village in Ireland ha.

Let me open Chapter 6 of Boom_Baps Hip Hop Tales...........

After my bit of time in the US of A and my dealings with the natives involved in Hip Hop, or loosely connected. Those who are chipping away and are humble about what they are doing are the ones who are actually progressing. Those who are shouting as loud as they can for anyone to hear are just hoping that someone will latch on to what they are saying.

I got talking to a good friend of mine from Florida one time a few years ago about Hip Hop and he asked if I've heard of The Arsonists. I was quite taken a-back by that as I wouldnt have expected him to know about them. He's not into Hip Hop at all. It turns out his cousin who I'd met a few times was the manager for The Arsonists and some of the solo careers that have spawned.
    As mentioned, I met the cousin a few times, had beers with him and never once did he try to force feed me any yarns about how great he was. He was obvioulsy in the humble corner.
    Then there was a guy who I met in Dublin one time, I used to work in hostels about town and would regularly play hip hop at reception. This one guy started head nodding to something I was playing one day, and he started saying that it was great and asking what it was. It was a Sage Francis CD that got a short release and was pulled due to the sound quality, but anyone who knew Sage Francis would instantly recognise his voice and the music. So I told the guy who it was and instantly, he knew Sage Francis since he was a kid, he was from Providence as well and as it was such a small place everyone knew everybody. He also claimed to be Sage's road manager too and was still best chums.
    Such a good friend and road manager that he didnt even recognise one of Sage's recordings!
    And I've also been to Providence as well, it's not that small, and everyone doesnt know everyone!
    He was one of the mouthy spoofer types obviously.

Let me open Chapter 6 of Boom_Baps Hip Hop Tales...........

After my bit of time in the US of A and my dealings with the natives involved in Hip Hop, or loosely connected. Those who are chipping away and are humble about what they are doing are the ones who are actually progressing. Those who are shouting as loud as they can for anyone to hear are just hoping that someone will latch on to what they are saying.

I got talking to a good friend of mine from Florida one time a few years ago about Hip Hop and he asked if I've heard of The Arsonists. I was quite taken a-back by that as I wouldnt have expected him to know about them. He's not into Hip Hop at all. It turns out his cousin who I'd met a few times was the manager for The Arsonists and some of the solo careers that have spawned.
    As mentioned, I met the cousin a few times, had beers with him and never once did he try to force feed me any yarns about how great he was. He was obvioulsy in the humble corner.
    Then there was a guy who I met in Dublin one time, I used to work in hostels about town and would regularly play hip hop at reception. This one guy started head nodding to something I was playing one day, and he started saying that it was great and asking what it was. It was a Sage Francis CD that got a short release and was pulled due to the sound quality, but anyone who knew Sage Francis would instantly recognise his voice and the music. So I told the guy who it was and instantly, he knew Sage Francis since he was a kid, he was from Providence as well and as it was such a small place everyone knew everybody. He also claimed to be Sage's road manager too and was still best chums.
    Such a good friend and road manager that he didnt even recognise one of Sage's recordings!
    And I've also been to Providence as well, it's not that small, and everyone doesnt know everyone!
    He was one of the mouthy spoofer types obviously.

Hahaha excellent. At least you knew about Sage and his music. A casual observer may well fall for it.

I've met people in college and around places who have had incredible success in a certain field and they are reserved enough about it. They're the guys that everyone else is then talking about, and not the show offs.

I can't wait until I get a chance to head to America, and New York in particular, so that I might bump into these kind of guys. See how much they know really.

Amazing.
    Plus Murs is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Amazing.
    Plus Murs is everywhere.

Fantastic.

Watching the next video on Sways playlist there and found out Dead Prez have a new album out soon. Happy Days!

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Fantastic.

Watching the next video on Sways playlist there and found out Dead Prez have a new album out soon. Happy Days!

Yeah I got lost in Youtube watching most of the 5 fingers of death freestyles, papooses one is amazing.

• Advertisement

Plus Murs is everywhere.

And Fashawn.....they are on thier promo tour for thier new album together called This Generation (i think). Should also be one to look out for. The first song released was pretty good.

Murs said on facebook there that he was crying at the end of that video when Ali mentioned Eyedea.

Murs said on facebook there that he was crying at the end of that video when Ali mentioned Eyedea.

....but got the spelling of his name wrong! :eek:
    Murs

This is why my @brotherali is one of the best MC's in the world http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XAu1WVtD1Xc
    yes i cried at the end it was so beautiful reminded me Eydea

Got a good laugh at this.

303510_499307893429993_666913398_n.jpg

J Cole got a 3.9, 2chainz raps like he can barely count to 4.

Got word in work the other day that someone traded in 102 hip hop cds in the hmv near me. So took myself down this morning and picked a good few up. A lot of classics that should already be in my collection but for some reason havent made it. Public Enemy, Pharcyde, Talib Kweli, Redman, Nas, De La Soul, Outkast to name a few. Can't believe some eejit got rid of all this stuff, all mint condition too.

£2 each minus staff discount equals a helluva good start to my week off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Got word in work the other day that someone traded in 102 hip hop cds in the hmv near me. So took myself down this morning and picked a good few up. A lot of classics that should already be in my collection but for some reason havent made it. Public Enemy, Pharcyde, Talib Kweli, Redman, Nas, De La Soul, Outkast to name a few. Can't believe some eejit got rid of all this stuff, all mint condition too.

£2 each minus staff discount equals a helluva good start to my week off :D

A friend of my aunties went digital about 4 years ago leaving him with 100s of cd's that he didnt need, told all his close friends to come round and pick out any cd's they wanted for free, my aunty got all the hip hop, RnB and Reggae cd's, about 90 in total, i have 30 of the hip hop ones, most of them are from the late 90s-early 00s, which was a fairly good era in hip hop imo, i get a few off her every time i go up to her house. Couldnt believe it when i was told he gave them all away for free, getting rid of them in the first place is bad enough, never mind not making any money off it.

It was a nice cheap way to get my collection going anyway :D

Just read that P.Diddy is going to be a guest on the upcoming season of It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia.
    That should be interesting, and if you like comedy, and haven't seen Its Always Sunny, get to it. One of the best comedies ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Just read that P.Diddy is going to be a guest on the upcoming season of It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia.
    That should be interesting, and if you like comedy, and haven't seen Its Always Sunny, get to it. One of the best comedies ever.

Interesting fact in relation to sitcoms and rap - the lads off Workaholics are mates with Tyler The Creator and he has appeared on that show too.

(just cos I know you like Workaholics too?)

Interesting fact in relation to sitcoms and rap - the lads off Workaholics are mates with Tyler The Creator and he has appeared on that show too.

(just cos I know you like Workaholics too?)

I havent seen Tyler in it, must be in the next season they are filming. I think that Workaholics and the Odd Future show are on the same network, maybe that's how it came about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I havent seen Tyler in it, must be in the next season they are filming. I think that Workaholics and the Odd Future show are on the same network, maybe that's how it came about.

I think it was a very brief cameo, like you'd barely notice him there in the background kinda thing. I don't think he was a predominant character or anything. I think it was a 'sure, we'll throw in a few of our friends as extras' kinda thing.

I think it was a very brief cameo, like you'd barely notice him there in the background kinda thing. I don't think he was a predominant character or anything. I think it was a 'sure, we'll throw in a few of our friends as extras' kinda thing.

This is my excuse to re-watch Workaholics again :D

It was S2E1, Taco appears in the episode, he is the guy on the roof with the paintball gun when the guys are being denied entry to thier own house that the cool high school kids took over.
    It's at the same time they chop the head off the Cee-Lo Green/Ivan Drag-ON/Reptar Dragon statue.

you can see Taco in this clip, dude on the skateboard

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Haha recently found this, what a song :D

This just popped up on my news feed on Facebook.

Raekwon Purple Tape Cassette Box Giveaway

We will give One (1) "Purple Tape Cassette Box" away each day, for the next Four (4) days!
    Set is housed in a premium, glass-top, “piano lacquer,” 4-inch-tall black display case with gold-colored hardware, embossed white-on-black Raekwon logo and “The Purple Tape” placard on front

Cassette only: actual Purple Tape (with full audio from original album), with multi-panel “J-card” fold-out featuring original cassette artwork

32-page, hard-cover liner notes book, including text by Brian Coleman (featuring an in-depth interview with and track-by-track reminisces by Raekwon); artwork from original Only Built 4 Cuban Linx album; and reprinted graphics from original Loud/RCA promotional singles

Premium, glossy 24” x 24” promotional poster (from original Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 1995 Loud/RCA campaign)Only Built 4 Cuban Linx sticker

Limited edition: only 1,000 copies

2-304x304.jpg

You can enter as many times as you want. That's probably advisable considering 175 people have entered already.

2 entries a day would be grand.

Pretty nice prize to win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just entered 6 times, looks like a lovely prize.

I need this. Seen it the other day and got a semi.
    This and the Liquid Swords special pack would sit nicely in my collection.

I entered, the old lady was logged into facebook at the time on my machine. Does that count as Frape?

I entered, the old lady was logged into facebook at the time on my machine. Does that count as Frape?

Haha brilliant. I'm gonna go around the library in college tomorrow and find a load of unattended computers and try and enter it off of them :D.

• Advertisement

Turns out the Purple Tape box is now sold out, and the competition is only open to North American residents.

Advertisement