Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You think it's a bad song?

No, it made it a worse song though. It is a great song otherwise. His part is near the start and would be perfect without him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

it was the same when game caught 40 glocc on his own.
    Not really, when Game got 40 Glocc it was 1 on 1 and 40 got punched around. Game's crew were telling him to stop and leave the scene, unlike 50's crew in this case who all hopped on him. 40 said he didn't want to fight back because he was afraid Game's crew would hop on him..there was no need, Game's a big dude - there's no question as to who would win in a fight, and, when it came down to it, it was just the 2 of them and 40 Glocc wasn't the big mouthed tough dude he always makes himself out to be.
    at the very start you can see him running into 50 in the top left, 50 just smacks him thats what started it.
    Which one is 50? Is he in the white and blue?

Granted, Gunplay wouldn't beat 50 in a fight but fair play to him for standing up to them and fighting back even though there was no way he was going to come out on top. Really a cowardly move by 50 and his crew tbh.

What we saw of game v 40 was caught on games own phone at the very end, very smart move from game but there was a lot more to that. I agree though games a big guy he'd knock 40 around the place that's why it's a bit strange in you saying gunplay would beat any of them 1 v 1, most of them guys bar yayo are big big lads including 50 who like paddy said has vast experience boxing , the chap trains with floyd in the build up to any fight.

The g unit fight was caught by a fan with no chance of anything being edited, look at the worldstar video it points out 50,yayo and your man mike Knox who gunplay got a few slaps on.

I gave gunplay credit from the first bit of footage but it's clear as daylight mike Knox was maced by the police and on the ground blind Before gunplay even hit him.

really do love jack thrillers interviews, great chemistry with most people and not afraid to rip the p*ss outta rappers.

2pac haircut - http://imgur.com/fMDT8

2pac haircut - http://imgur.com/fMDT8

thats pretty class !

mike knox the g unit member who got peppered sprayed and hit by gunplay gives a pretty real interview, the chap is 300lbs plus not a hope gunplay would take him. On his way to do a 7 years in jail lol, talks the state of philly hip hop, bet awards and what he has in store for gunplay.

• Advertisement

anyone ever hear of this loaded lux fella? meant to be a bit of a legend in the battle rap scene. I enjoyed this interview and actually had a look at a few of his performances , he's pretty good i have to say and im not mad into battle rapping.

Meh Smack/URL battlers are a bit meh imo. Busta and Diddy acted a bit like fools at the iron solomon vs murda mook battle and the crowd were worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

What we saw of game v 40 was caught on games own phone at the very end, very smart move from game but there was a lot more to that
    A lot more to it? Like what? Whenever Game is involved in anything there's always so much skepticism :rolleyes:

I didn't think it was smart by Game as it implicates him and could possibly be used against him in future if he ever does get into trouble, but I did think it was funny that 40 - who brags about "running up" on Wayne and Plies and snatching rappers chains - got what was coming to him after the amount of **** he's talked over the years. Useless muppet.
    I agree though games a big guy he'd knock 40 around the place that's why it's a bit strange in you saying gunplay would beat any of them 1 v 1, most of them guys bar yayo are big big lads including 50 who like paddy said has vast experience boxing , the chap trains with floyd in the build up to any fight
    The thing I said about Gunplay beating any of them was said in haste now that I think about it, bad choice of words on my part. He probably wouldn't beat 50 or his body gaurds in a fight but he'd still fight them anyway. I really just don't agree with groups of people attacking 1 person, why couldn't 50 just or 1 of his mates handle it on their own? Can only give my own opinion here but any group that attacks a single person on his own are just pure scumbags, doesn't matter if it's someone famous like 50 and his cronies doing it to Gunplay or an average group of lads out in Dublin City one night battering someone they don't like, they're both cowardly showers of pricks.

You think it's funny that game caught 40 but scum-ish that g unit caught a racist crackhead whos said on more than one occasion he was going to knock 50 out ?

Ross and gunplay talk the talk so let them walk the walk. Bottom line is he was coked up to his eyes, if you were you'd be fighting back against anyone. 50 nearly took his head off before the rest got involved like I said he's clearly lucky officer Ricky's crew saved him from being seriously hurt coked up or not.

All I'm saying about game v 40 is that game had his whole crew with him, there were guns pulled on 40 before the footage game so convineantly caught. 40 took on half of bws on his own a few months back when he was fighting that menace fella in the night club tbh there's no doubting his courage.

You think it's funny that game caught 40 but scum-ish that g unit caught a racist crackhead whos said on more than one occasion he was going to knock 50 out ?

Ross and gunplay talk the talk so let them walk the walk. Bottom line is he was coked up to his eyes, if you were you'd be fighting back against anyone. 50 nearly took his head off before the rest got involved like I said he's clearly lucky officer Ricky's crew saved him from being seriously hurt coked up or not.

All I'm saying about game v 40 is that game had his whole crew with him, there were guns pulled on 40 before the footage game so convineantly caught. 40 took on half of bws on his own a few months back when he was fighting that menace fella in the night club tbh there's no doubting his courage.
    It's now obvious that you're defending 50 and his bodyguards simply because Gunplay is on Ross' label. He didn't deserve to get jumped by a gang. If he ran his mouth about 50 then let 50 knock him out on his own, why does he need an entourage to do it with him?

As for Game and 40, same situation, 40 is a G-Unit affiliate so you're on his side regardless. He says Games mates had guns, even though they can be heard in the video repeatedly telling Game to stop hitting him and to leave the scene. 40 got punched around in a 1 on 1 fight, Gunplay had 6-7 lads laying into him - not the same thing. You just keep eating up and believing everything 50 and 40 Glocc say and keep hating on Officer Ricky and Game, never gets old :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It's now obvious that you're defending 50 and his bodyguards simply because Gunplay is on Ross' label. He didn't deserve to get jumped by a gang. If he ran his mouth about 50 then let 50 knock him out on his own, why does he need an entourage to do it with him?

im not defending anyone im going by the footage, i gave gunplay credit until the 2nd piece of footage came out showing the whole fight where it was clear as daylight he only got a few digs in because the cops came and peppered sprayed mike knox to the ground ... simple as... your going to hate on 50 its obvious .Your in denial to give him any credit even back tracking on your words that gunplay would take any of them refusing to actually take the full footage into account.

Gunplay deserved to ko'd, im delighted he was thrown round like a rag doll thats my opinion, like i said him along with officer ross are idiots and a mockery to gangsta rap. Gunplays litrally got the head of someone who deserves a smack and to make it worse he has the mouth of someone who derserves a smack aswell.
    As for Game and 40, same situation, 40 is a G-Unit affiliate so you're on his side regardless. He says Games mates had guns, even though they can be heard in the video repeatedly telling Game to stop hitting him and to leave the scene. 40 got punched around in a 1 on 1 fight, Gunplay had 6-7 lads laying into him - not the same thing. You just keep eating up and believing everything 50 and 40 Glocc say and keep hating on Officer Ricky and Game, never gets old

Your coming from a completely different train of taught though, its not as if 50 went looking for him. Gunplay ran into g unit, big big difference, 50 was their because of chris lighty. If someone started on your buddy would you not hop in for him? 50 made half of these guys very wealthy, their going to have his back like any friend should especially if they made you rich hence if 40 smacked game back the exact same thing would of happened and games buddys would of appeared. 40 wasnt backing down from game dont get that twisted and it wasnt a 1 v 1 fight :rolleyes: are you actually serious in saying that?

im not defending anyone im going by the footage, i gave gunplay credit until the 2nd piece of footage came out showing the whole fight where it was clear as daylight he only got a few digs in because the cops came and peppered sprayed mike knox to the ground ... simple as... your going to hate on 50 its obvious .Your in denial to give him any credit
    Please explain why 50 deserves any credit in this situation.
    Gunplay deserved to ko'd, im delighted he was thrown round like a rag doll thats my opinion, like i said him along with officer ross are idiots and a mockery to gangsta rap.
    You're delighted haha simply because he's on Ross' Maybach Music label, simple as.

Your coming from a completely different train of taught though, its not as if 50 went looking for him. Gunplay ran into g unit, big big difference, 50 was their because of chris lighty.
    50 was there for the BET awards, he's there every other year, if Chris Lighty was still around he still would have been there. Ross ran into Jeezy, 50 and his bodyguards ran into Gunplay, Game ran into 40 at a pool party, it's not as if he heard 40 was there and went there purely to fight him. Game and 40 ran into eachother, how is there a "big, big difference"?? 40 didn't run fast enough, Game caught him and gave him a hiding. 40 went on the radio the next day saying he's going to get Game and hasn't been seen or heard from since?
    If someone started on your buddy would you not hop in for him?
    If it was a fair fight that stemmed from a previous issue I wouldn't. If 2 lads want to fight then let them fight, there's no need for anyone else to get involved.
    40 wasnt backing down from game dont get that twisted and it wasnt a 1 v 1 fight :rolleyes: are you actually serious in saying that?
    The fact that you believe everything that 40 GLOCC, of all people, says is laughable. Game is the one that wanted to fight him, 40 shouldn't have been running his mouth, when you do that you can't say "wait, wait, my mates aren't here we can't do this!"

It was a 1 on 1 fight, there were only 2 people fighting, nobody else involved themselves, anyone else that was there was a spectator.

No, it made it a worse song though. It is a great song otherwise. His part is near the start and would be perfect without him there.

I think it's a great song overall, nothing wrong with Gunplays part IMO

Great fan-made video too

Please explain why 50 deserves any credit in this situation.
    He nearly took gunplays head off when he stood in front of him another example he doesnt front like the vast majority of so called gangsta rappers cough *ex cops*.

You're delighted haha simply because he's on Ross' Maybach Music label, simple as.

what can i say i love seing idiots being dealt with, especially racist one's, i doubt im the only one.
    50 was there for the BET awards, he's there every other year, if Chris Lighty was still around he still would have been there. Ross ran into Jeezy, 50 and his bodyguards ran into Gunplay, Game ran into 40 at a pool party, it's not as if he heard 40 was there and went there purely to fight him. Game and 40 ran into eachother, how is there a "big, big difference"?? 40 didn't run fast enough, Game caught him and gave him a hiding. 40 went on the radio the next day saying he's going to get Game and hasn't been seen or heard from since?

Your wrong here on so many levels. Number 1. it was 50s first award show in like 4 or 5 years, he has a history with BET and it isnt the most pleasant. 2. 50 and chris were great friends, he was their because of him end of. it was the main event him, busta, fat joe, Q tip etc !. 3.. The obvious g unit hater coming out in you when you refer to g unit as 50s bodygaurds :rolleyes: mike knox, tony yayo etc are not bodygaurds he might of had one with him the same way jay z, diddy etc or anyone as big as them do especially with a history like 50s.

I assume the "bodygaurd" shout is stemming from one of games bws buddys getting shot when they tried to run up on 50 outside hot 97 a few years back, ofcourse game would refer to them as cops like he says 50s a snitch one minute while the next he's saying sorry wanting back into g unit :rolleyes: he'll always be 50s puppet its just the way it is, 50 made him he couldnt do it on his own with dre so was put with 50 otherwise he was going to be another slim da mobster and i think you know it deep down.
    You said you was gonna see me when your homie got shot
    It’s been a while so I’m guessing you must’ve forgot
    Once again you forget, aint this some ****
    You forgot about me bitch I wrote your hits
    You know “how we do”, “hate it or love it” and nigga **** it I’m special
    Thats why your ass say my verse

now the above verse would indicate game does f*ck all, the same way he done f*ck all to the blood who knocked him stone cold out in LA last year. 40 is a pretty average to bad rapper just like gunplay,the only time you hear of 40 really is when he's fighting so i guess he's keeping the head down. I dont really care tbh its just that footage was obviously not going to have bws holding guns to him was it? like i said conveniently caught at least the gunplay v g unit footage was caught by a fan with no chance of being edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

On rappers with bodyguards, a friend of mine ran into 50 in an airport in the states and said he was about 3 inches taller than both of his bodyguards :pac:

bet's chris lighty tribute, poor footage because of bet blocking it to people outside america.

looks dope though.

lil wayne is back kissing men on the lips, this is just plain weird from the lil weirdo.Instead of putting up the footage il let the hodgetwins do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

lil wayne is back kissing men on the lips, this is just plain weird from the lil weirdo.Instead of putting up the footage il let the hodgetwins do the talking.

Goddammit I love the Hodgetwins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

This is well worth a read if you're a fan of POS and Brother Ali. It basically discusses the political content of their new albums and how their views are pretty opposite but with a common goal.

http://blog.thecurrent.org/post/2012/10/pissed-stef-and-street-preacher-rhymesayers-heavyweights-dissect-politics-their-new

On a surface level, these two artists couldn’t be more different. P.O.S. identifies as an atheist, while Ali is a practicing Muslim and a prominent figure at his mosque. P.O.S. makes unapologetically aggressive music that blends punk, rap, noise, and dance, while Ali draws from classic soul and gospel influences. And P.O.S. encourages destruction and hostility, while Ali preaches the importance of community and togetherness.

And yet while listening to We Don’t Even Live Here alongside Mourning in America, I couldn’t help but pick out a few surprising commonalities in their themes, imagery, and tone. These are two emotionally charged and divisive albums that speak to the current political climate, and while listening, I couldn’t help but wonder what each artist thought about having their record released in close proximity with the other’s newest work...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

best of luck to P.O.S had to cancel his album release tour:
    An important message from P.O.S

transparent.gif
    P.O.S. has to cancel his entire fall tour (with the exception of the First Avenue show on 10/26) and has to postpone future tour plans due to his need to have a kidney transplant.
    Please watch the following video statement from Stef explaining his medical situation.
    mcvid_youtube_L3EKj7Rr1Tw_560.jpg

• Advertisement

Just saw that clown 40 Glocc is suing Game over the beating he got a few months ago

http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/26/the-game-40-glocc-fight-lawsuit-gun/

Bad news for Game I suppose but at least now we won't have to listen to any delusional people telling us that "40 Glocc is a real G" ... any ounce of street credibility he ever claimed to have has disappeared now, talentless rat.

If its true Iv lost all respect for 40, tmz are full of sh*t though so when I see the papers il believe it.

Game is going at it with shyne on twitter too over Lamars album, fairly funny stuff. Shyne is giving him an awful time over jacking his style earlier on his career while game is threatening to have him shot lol all over an opinion on a album.

If its true Iv lost all respect for 40, tmz are full of sh*t though so when I see the papers il believe it.
    It's real if Game's Twitter is anything to go by.
    Game is going at it with shyne on twitter too over Lamars album, fairly funny stuff. Shyne is giving him an awful time over jacking his style earlier on his career while game is threatening to have him shot lol all over an opinion on a album.
    Game and Shyne's little argument won't amount to anything, the two of them have been good for a long, long time and this is over nothing, it won't turn into a beef.

When did Game say he was going to shoot Shyne??

game is threatening to have him shot
    When did Game say he was going to shoot Shyne??

...?

Just to be clear - Game didn't threaten to shoot Shyne or anything like it.

...?

Just to be clear - Game didn't threaten to shoot Shyne or anything like it.

must of been a retweet or something nipsey said I was just glancing through the argument. I don't really care tbh it's stupid all over an opinion on an album, anything for attention.

must of been a retweet or something nipsey said I was just glancing through the argument.

Game or Nipsey didn't say anything about shooting Shyne so I haven't a clue where you got it from, the only thing Nipsey tweeted was "If Shyne ever make it bac to the states...somebody tell cuz his west coast pass is revoked".

Nothing about threatening to have Shyne shot.

Like I said it could of been a retweet etc I really don't care though, all 3 are milking it for a bit of exposure.

Like I said it could of been a retweet etc I really don't care though, all 3 are milking it for a bit of exposure.

All 3? Game, Shyne and who else?

All 3? Game, Shyne and who else?

You need to get over this man , nipsey obviously been the 3rd.

• Advertisement

You need to get over this man , nipsey obviously been the 3rd.

Nipsey is hardly milking it - he tweeted once about it. Shyne is milking it. It was only after he tweeted 50+ times about Kendrick's album that Game, Schoolboy Q, Nipsey, YG, Joe Moses, etc. responded.

And come on man, look at what you said -"game is threatening to have him shot". Honestly, what are you on about?

Advertisement