Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Has anyone heard of a guy called The Last Emperor?

The Expert linked to some of his music on Twitter just there and I gave a listen. It's pretty nice stuff. Had a search for him and he seems to be a bit of an underground legend. Supposedly it's next to impossible to find his music. He was signed to Aftermath and was Dre's protégé but left because Dre started working with Eminem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He was signed to Aftermath and was Dre's protégé but left because Dre started working with Eminem.

Heard of one of his songs, never knew he was Dres protege. Dre has gone through a lot of proteges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The Last Emperor is brilliant. Music, Magic, Myth is my favourite album by him. I'm on my phone atm so I can't embed youtube links but check out the songs 'One Life', 'Secret Wars (crazy good concept track)' and 'Meditation' if you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Speaking of Dr Dre proteges, whatever happened to Hittman? Does he have any material out?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Last Emporer is a hero. This is the best song from 2010 hands down.

All his albums are solid.

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Speaking of Dr Dre proteges, whatever happened to Hittman? Does he have any material out?

Last thing I heard about hittman was Game asking people to not stop him and ask him about hittman.

Last thing I heard about hittman was Game asking people to not stop him and ask him about hittman.

Haha brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

speaking of former dre proteges is right... one of my favourites bishop lamont released a video today for dont stop... proper westcoast feel to it

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

Any thoughts on this track? Had no idea Metro Zu were working with rappers for this sort of track :P Hooked on them for a few weeks now. Denzel Curry goes hard on this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I despise more or less everything odd future do but this song is actually not that bad at all, beat is fire imo. Rapping is only average, still dont understand all the hype about them. This is the only thing they've done that I'm actually able to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »

I despise more or less everything odd future do but this song is actually not that bad at all, beat is fire imo. Rapping is only average, still dont understand all the hype about them. This is the only thing they've done that I'm actually able to listen to.

Oldie is a great song :cool: I was super suprised to hear Thinking of You on the radio today. Frank Ocean has really been doing well recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEUNGSC3oe4 Loving this too..

Exact same as me mate. I think I was drawn into the video for it when someone posted it here because they're having fun in it and found myself nodding my head and thinking, this ain't bad!

thats actually a class song, was this made before ocean came out or is it new?because he' says im bi in it.

That beat is some WU sh*t, quality.

The track came out before Frank did. Someone posted the track pointing out that line when the news came out.

Would be good if it was a freestyle as it is catchy and has little substance.

Would be good if it was a freestyle as it is catchy and has little substance.

Very true about the lack of substance but not even their lack of ability as rappers could take away from that beat, absolute fire. Apparently Tyler produced it, i didnt know who made their beats.

Apparently Tyler produced it

So he is not as useless as I thought. The beat does make it and the energy, but as far as lyrics go it is like a freestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Here lads if ye were to get a tattoo and it'd be hip hop related...what would ye get? I'm kinda leaning towards lyrics here but anything hip hop related. I'm not getting a tattoo for a while yet but I always said I'd get at least one with some lyrics on it. I've spent hours trying to decide what lyrics I would get though. Something like Nas or One Be Lo would probably be my pick but it's so damn hard to choose what lines!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Here lads if ye were to get a tattoo and it'd be hip hop related...what would ye get? I'm kinda leaning towards lyrics here but anything hip hop related. I'm not getting a tattoo for a while yet but I always said I'd get at least one with some lyrics on it. I've spent hours trying to decide what lyrics I would get though. Something like Nas or One Be Lo would probably be my pick but it's so damn hard to choose what lines!!!

So many quotes running through my head but get the feeling none of them would be helpful :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When you find a quote you want, sit on it for a while because, you know, it's going to be on you forever. I personally wouldnt go for a long extract of lyrics, just a line or something that means something.
    This is my favorite hip-hop tat on Aesop Rock:

aesoprocktat.jpg

Sage Francis also has a host of pictures of people with tats of the Lie in a Life 'Li(F)e' thing, some of which are excellent. He has a site dedicated to it which is worth looking up.

• Advertisement

I'm set to get this line by havoc from mobb deep, it means something to me but I'm just having trouble picking a location. Iv got 2 tribal designs on my back and traps and I'm not a fan of forearm tatts (no offence to any1 who has them) anyway make sure the lryics are what you want and something you can relate too.

My line is , people make mistakes but mistakes make people. Il post the song later as I'm on the phone but if the line is too long look into symbols or an Asian translation , some can look really good and be a lot shorter !

I've convinced myself that I'm not a forearm type of person either, but that's mainly because my job can be customer facing in hot climates...so not quite professional :)

But I do have an excellent design, which is not hip hop related, all ready to go, but for some reason I have started getting eczema on my leg where i've planned the design. So that's kinda screwed that up.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sage Francis also has a host of pictures of people with tats of the Lie in a Life 'Li(F)e' thing, some of which are excellent. He has a site dedicated to it which is worth looking up.

The exact thing I thought of when I read that post.

That said I would not tatoo anything on me but if I would it would be a Sage quote.

"ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME"

:p:p I'm joking, that has to be the most overused hip hop related quote ever.
    A friend of mine has a tupac quote on his bicep saying "for every dark night there's a brighter day" or something along those lines. I'm trying to convince him to get "who shot ya" on the other arm, he's not going for it.

"for every dark night there's a brighter day" or something along those lines. I'm trying to convince him to get "who shot ya" on the other arm, he's not going for it.

"That's right, I know it seem hard sometimes but remember one thing.
    Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that.
    So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out; keep your head up, and handle it"

Having "who shot ya" on your other arm would just suck imo after the first one unless you were going for polar opposites/irony.

Having "who shot ya" on your other arm would just suck imo after the first one unless you were going for polar opposites/irony.

lol it was a joke man, the lad with the tattoo is a major Pac Stan, the thoughts of him getting an alleged diss against pac tattooed on his body is laughable.

Speaking of hip hop related tattoos, on the day of the Watch the throne gig in town i walked by the whitest lad I've ever seen and he had "Thug Life" tattooed across his chest in Old English text, looked like a proper spanner. :D

lol it was a joke man, the lad with the tattoo is a major Pac Stan, the thoughts of him getting an alleged diss against pac tattooed on his body is laughable.

Speaking of hip hop related tattoos, on the day of the Watch the throne gig in town i walked by the whitest lad I've ever seen and he had "Thug Life" tattooed across his chest in Old English text, looked like a proper spanner. :D

Yeah, it seemed like a joke to me in the sense it is a completely useless quote compared to the other one I didn't even think of the context.

Yeah, Hiiipower* would be a much better tattoo as you would not look like a ghob****e for having it tattoo'd on you (that said, I would still not have a tattoo anyway)

*essentially equivalent (along with being better thought out as it can not be misconstrued by idiots) and heavily inspired by TL.

Anybody got an idea who produced this? The scratches sound like Premos work but the rest of the track sounds nothing like him.

You should def get this

351.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Andy_rse wrote: »
    You should def get this

351.jpg

This song sums up that photo nicely.

Finally Nicki Minaj is useful for something, other than her arse being a nice cockholder.

Advertisement