Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye true thats why games 400 & 500 are terrible, he was just recycling his lyrics to beat his previous it got desperate.

there's very few rappers who could hold my attention for over 10 minutes tbh though, he'd have to be a very good mc. iv never listened to canibus's 1000 bars , is he dissing eminem in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

400 bars is less amazing than 300, I agree. I would not say it is terrible though.

Waynes "x bars" that you posted was terrible.

Canibus hasn't dissed Eminem in years, I don't think he disses anyone in 1000 bars.

From my wanting to DJ phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody know if Rakim has done one of these?

400 bars is less amazing than 300, I agree. I would not say it is terrible though.

Waynes "x bars" that you posted was terrible.

Canibus hasn't dissed Eminem in years, I don't think he disses anyone in 1000 bars.

From my wanting to DJ phase.

i dont think 400 bars is any kind of a amazing to be fair, game is not a good enough lyricist to be rapping that long on a track unless there's some sort of beef behind it like 300. its all recycled, name dropping on it, i think you only like it so much because your a big fan of his and i dont mean that in a insulting way.:)

i listened to a few minutes of wayne's just too see if it was legit, needless to say it was torture for my ears.:D

I never listened to 1000 bars , im not mad about canibus tbh and not because of the beef with eminem, his voice just goes through me, really puts me of his music. I know he is a very good mc though.

I should know how to count them myself lol. Iv got a magix music maker installed on my pc that i was glued to for a few months a couple of years ago lol.

I am not that big of a Game fan. I loved the massacre, listened to a far few mixtapes by him but only listened to his other 3 albums a few months ago.

I just like his style. I could listen to him rapping about taking out the trash tbh but 400 bars is a bit much I agree I said that myself until I heard the skeemix but Jimmy Iovine brooke it down saying that 400 bars is essentially an album worth of music so that is damn impressive in one song.

I think most hip-hop fans either went through a rapping or a dj stage. I am just happy I went through the less embarrassing attempted DJ option haha. (or a breakdancing, beat-boxing or graffiti stage but they are less prevalent)
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody know if Rakim has done one of these?

Rakim doesn't need to. He has been releasing music for 27 ish years. He has consistently good lyrics.

• Advertisement

I am not that big of a Game fan. I loved the massacre, listened to a far few mixtapes by him but only listened to his other 3 albums a few months ago.

I just like his style. I could listen to him rapping about taking out the trash tbh but 400 bars is a bit much I agree I said that myself until I heard the skeemix but Jimmy Iovine brooke it down saying that 400 bars is essentially an album worth of music so that is damn impressive in one song.

I think most hip-hop fans either went through a rapping or a dj stage. I am just happy I went through the less embarrassing attempted DJ option haha. (or a breakdancing, beat-boxing or graffiti stage but they are less prevalent)

Rakim doesn't need to. He has been releasing music for 27 ish years. He has consistently good lyrics.

Isn't the massacre a 50 album?

Yeah i know rakim doesn't need to do one, but if he did it would no doubt be absolutely class.

I'm currently going through the DJ stage but it's not in hip hop, i've been doing a bit of mixing with some techno and trance tracks on my mates decks, and it's addictive as fúck, contemplating splashing out on a set of decks and a mixboard.

Went through the graffiti stage, waste of time and paint if you ask me.

HAHAHAH. Yes I meant The Documentary not the Massacre. Both came out roughly at the same time and were compared together but still thats a bad mix up to make.

Rakim has several freestyles but I don't know of any extended songs from.

Starter decks aren't that expensive but they are fairly average but worth it in case you stop doing it (like I and many many many others did) I kept my Turntables but they are essentially just used to play Vinyl at this stage.

you dont have to justify listening to 50s stuff man plenty of games fans do and vice versa at the end of the day game was one of 50's artists so their fan base is similar if not identical for the most part as is most of their content and style despite the coastal difference.

id take what jimmy iovine said with a pinch of salt to be fair man. more than likely he was trying to create a buzz for one of his artists in a time where game was struggling to get the red album of the shelf. imo thats why 400 was created to try and get to that level of interest 300 got but it was never going to happen. Outside of game fans 400 & 500 bars were forgotten about fairly quick, i remember the reaction at the time.

the lyrical content in 400 & 500 were the main reasons i couldn't finish them, nothing to keep me there, iv heard it all before from game.

but if your only starting to listen to game now, its kind of hard to argue with you because iv been following his career from day 1 when he was introduced, so for me its easy to see the decline and be critical where for you its not so easy as tbh your somewhat of a new fan.

true, i use to help out a mate to dj teen disco's and the likes when i was in my mid teen's. We had all the proper gear , mates father owned some sort of sound equipment shop aswell as being a pro dj himself for a living so it rubbed of on his son who still to this day does gigs in pubs and clubs etc.

never came across any beat boxers or proper graffiti lads but had 2 mates who were class at breakdancing when we were younger, they still bust out the odd move in the clubs.:)

I am not justifying listening to 50, that was a mistake I meant the Documentary. I did listen to 50 though. Also Game was a Dre artist not really a 50 artist.

Also I meant Jimmy Iovine from the forum not the actual Jimmy Iovine. Who would not hype a Game mixtape song, even if that would somehow hype his albums on Interscope.

Also I never said I only started listening to him now I said I only bothered to listen to his albums (fully/properly) now besides the Documentary which I listened properly when it came out in 2005. I listened to a lot of his mixtapes and his singles over the years I just never got around to buying his albums as there is so much music out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Also I meant Jimmy Iovine from the forum not the actual Jimmy Iovine. Who would not hype a Game mixtape song, even if that would somehow hype his albums on Interscope.

I think I'm going to sign up and become a subscriber so I can change my name. It'll get rid of these confusions :pac:. I actually can't even remember why I chose it in the first place.

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to sign up and become a subscriber so I can change my name. It'll get rid of these confusions :pac:. I actually can't even remember why I chose it in the first place.

Haha, re-sign up as Suge Knight.

Ha could you imagine it. I'd probably have the FBI on my tail. I might go for a less conspicuous name.

i can only take it for what you actually say man!:)

fair enough on the jimmy iovine thing , easy mistake considering what we are discussing, quite funny tbh that i mixed that one up lol. I wouldnt agree with what jimmy said though, id judge an album on quailty rather than quantity to be honest, a lot of rappers could mumble on for 20 minutes rapping the same stuff to be fair.
    Also Game was a Dre artist not really a 50 artist.

it was a joint venture between dre and 50 just like em and dre done with 50, fair enough game was on aftermath a while first but he was at nothing and was on the verge of being dropped because of the hook situation so without signing to 50 the chances are you wouldn't of heard of him.
    Also I never said I only started listening to him now I said I only bothered to listen to his albums (fully/properly)
    listened to a far few mixtapes by him but only listened to his other 3 albums a few months ago.

thats what you said:confused: so i interpreted as you only just listened to his other 3 albums of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Don't change it!

Yeah. Read that first quote, "fully" and "properly" being the key words there.

Anyway, I get it you don't like the Game much since the Documentary. Great. I think that has been discussed several times too many already.

Yeah. Read that first quote, "fully" and "properly" being the key words there.

Anyway, I get it you don't like the Game much since the Documentary. Great. I think that has been discussed several times too many already.

ye i just taught that was what you meant.

na i like doctors advocate thats a good album and i enjoyed small bits of lax and red with the city being one my favorite songs of 2011 and still is now.

I made that mistake so my bad, but Paddy corrected me ages before you responded.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

A Ninja! R.I.P

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Don't change it!

Ha don't worry I won't. Too much effort having to sign up.

For anyone who is going to be up at 6 this morning, Snoop and Dre are live at Coachella on the link that I posted on Friday. Chance to see Nate and Tupac on stage again.

http://www.youtube.com/coachella?feature=inp-lt-music

I'm tempted to set my alarm for 6 so I can wake up for it. Will probably just wait for the video to be uploaded tomorrow instead though.

Does it officially get uploaded tomorrow or do you mean just find it somewhere on youtube or the likes?

Well not officially I don't think. People rip the live stream and then put it up on Youtube and other video hosting sites. They're pretty easy to find. Frank Ocean's is below.

Oh and if you go around lunch time tomorrow they'll be repeating the whole thing from start to finish a few times throughout the day.

As for Frank, forget all about your dislike of OF and just appreciate the fact that the chap can sing. There are very few artists that can sing to that level when they are performing. Can't wait for his album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm tempted to set my alarm for 6 so I can wake up for it. Will probably just wait for the video to be uploaded tomorrow instead though.

Was thinking of doing the same but 6AM is a bit late, going to watch it in full tomorrow evening while relaxing and having a steak! :P

Game, Dre, Snoop, Kurupt, Tablib and lots of others having so much respect for Kendrick.

"kendrick unifying" is probably the best way I have heard it put. His music is as dope and as universal as 2pacs but his message is cleaner more refined. Hiiipower is inspired from Thug Life but it is grown from it too, more thought out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

For anyone who is going to be up at 6 this morning, Snoop and Dre are live at Coachella on the link that I posted on Friday. Chance to see Nate and Tupac on stage again.

Just watching it here now:

http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2012/04/video-dr-dre-snoop-dogg-live-at-coachella-2012/

Hologram Pac was class! Kendrick did The Recipe and Em and 50 performed a few songs too

Just caught a bit of it dismorning before the gym , crowd looked jacked. Really good atmosphere By the sounds of it.

Going to watch it in full tonight, great to see dre kept it home grown with most of the aftermath roster too, something that needs to happen more if he wants to challenge WTT. I heard dre was supposedly pissed at WTT getting all the applaudts for live performances in hip hop etc so could be the start of something.

just watched it, couldn't wait. man snoop and dre killed it, great performance. snoop getting 90'000 + jumping around to jump around by house of pain class, most of their classics played.

the recipe didn't sound great live imo but lamar killed it though. the 50 intro was class, came out of no where with a good performance.

pac hologram was epic, gangsta party was class with snoop. Em and dre were good but em still looks like he's fresh out the clinic, needs to liven up a bit.

some sort of petition should be started to get these to tour Europe would be priceless. In all i enjoyed it but its no up in smoke by any means but still a very good concert , defiantly rather see dre and snoop over WTT anyday.

That Tupac hologram performance was unreal. Hadn't a clue what to expect. I got a chill down my neck when he gave a shout out to Coachella. It's amazing what they can do these days. When Snoop came up on stage to perform with him I was pretty much speechless at that stage. I thought that they'd just rob some performance that he'd done years ago not completely construct a new one. Amazing.

Very good performance all round. I skipped some of 50's set and INAD as well. The House of Pain part was class. It must have been amazing to be there. 90,000 people bumping their hands like mothaf**kin lowriders at the end for Still DRE.

Would love if they came on a tour of Europe with it. If they get enough hype from this they may end up doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The Tupac hologram was eerie. It looked so real - all the mannerisms and the shout-outs. Really well done.

I thought Dr. Dre did well. Looked really into it, and seemed to be enjoying himself. Snoop Dogg stood out the most for me though. He's just still such a star, 20 years on, and it's clear that the crowd love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Listening to Frank Ocean's set now. He sounds amazing live. Really want to see him.

"and Aftermath is the people who pays me"

Is it just me or has Snoop always said Death Row even years after the split?

Hearing Women, Weed and Weather live makes me like it even more. That beat is hard as hell.

• Advertisement

He probably stopped saying death row after he thought suge wanted to kill him.

Advertisement