Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Ah, that's how you spell "nahmean."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Apparently it's a leaked nude of him. Dunno how real it is.

Rap Genius did an interview with Big Ghost a few months ago. He's really on the ball when it comes to talking about rap. Of course he does it in his own language, namsayin.

I love the way he says he doesn't hate Drake or Wiz, and then two lines later he says if he ever sees them in public he's gonna "slap em into the next dimension b".

I could stay reading his stuff all night. It's addictive.

http://rapgenius.com/posts/Rap-genius-of-the-month-big-ghostfase

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

smh at TI ^

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

ApVRwP_CQAEq1eX.jpg

tumblr_m1zq2gi48F1rnemoeo1_500.jpg

2011-drake-interview-about-first-kiss-fight-n-more-with-rio-ferdinand-4-5mag-co-625x349.png

Awful wanker.

• Advertisement

Here's another one of him with a City jacket on. He really gets around the teams. No loyalty at all.

ApVRwP_CQAEq1eX.jpg

Here's another one of him with a City jacket on. He really gets around the teams. No loyalty at all.

Yeah i only got that one a few minutes after the others, couldn't get a url that worked.

It shows how fake he is if he has to support a new team every second day, im waiting for him to whack out the arsenal and liverpool jerseys next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Apparently it's a leaked nude of him. Dunno how real it is.

Have to say it looks like a fake.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah i only got that one a few minutes after the others, couldn't get a url that worked.

It shows how fake he is if he has to support a new team every second day, im waiting for him to whack out the arsenal and liverpool jerseys next.

To be fair it's just a marketing ploy. He has absolutely no interest in any of them. When he gets pictured with Rio at Old Trafford and it's put up on Facebook it opens him up to a whole new area of fans, mainly those in Asia.

He can't really keep it up though picking a new team every few days.
    CiaranMT wrote: »
    Have to say it looks like a fake.

The picture quality is brutal. Probably taken on a phone. I've only heard of it because of that blog so it could well be fake.

Actually I just saw a tweet from Azealia Banks where she's mouthing off to TI and she brings up the picture. Great tweet from her it has to be said.
    ♥ YUNG RAPUNXEL ♥ ‏ @AZEALIABANKS
    @tip ain't you the same dude that got photographed butt naked n a pair of sneakers and a beanie???!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

try telling snoop that :)

just a few... he was putting out videos of him wearing local teams kits before his uk tour a while ago too.

Snoop-Soccer.jpg

Snoop-Dogg-United1.jpg

Snoop1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

just a few... he was putting out videos of him wearing local teams kits before his uk tour a while ago too.

Snoop-Soccer.jpg

Snoop-Dogg-United1.jpg

Snoop1.jpg

Yeah but its not like theyre saying their life long die hard fans or anything. If I was out in America and someone gave me a xyz jersey going to their match id wear it just for the sake of it. If they were claiming to be big fans though then they are fools.

Ah here that's Snoop though. He can get away with anything he wants to do.

Them videos were brilliant.

My favourite was probably him giving the shout out to the real Ronaldo. I'd say he was as high as **** at this stage and they could only do one take. He fairly messed up his words ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Loads of rappers do it, Snoop does it at most of his European concerts. He wore a Shamrock Rovers jersey a few years ago and some people (Pats fans I'm guessing) weren't too impressed. In Glasgow he wore a Rangers jersey and a Celtic jersey at the same show. In Manchester he wears a United jersey, in London he wears a Chelsea jersey, etc.

Game wore an Irish rugby jersey at one of his first shows here.

What Drake is doing isn't any different, he just seems to like visiting the clubs/stadiums and meeting the players when he's in the UK. If someone wants him to make a promo appearance at Man City he's not going to turn around and say he can't, he's a die hard United fan. He doesn't care, he doesn't watch Premiership football when he's home, it's all just for promo.

Look at every rapper in the US with basketball - in the same week a rapper can wear jerseys/merchandise for Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Knicks and nothing would be said.

I came across a very interesting letter today. It's from an anonymous source but it appears to blow the whistle on the whole gangsta rap genre. There are no names mentioned. It is basically saying that a group of music insiders met and decided to invest more heavily in marketing gangsta rap. They wanted to promote criminal behaviour so that more people would be sent to the private prisons in which they had a stake.

I know it sounds very suspicious but it wouldn't really surprise me. It's known as the prison industrial complex. A lot of people stand to make a lot of money on the back of prison expansions and more people being incarcerated. It's not as prevalent as it's bigger brother, the military industrial complex, but it still goes on and it's just as worrying.

It'll be interesting to see if anything more comes of this. Especially who the people were in the room, that's if the whole thing is real.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/04/26/death-certificate-an-incredible-anonymous-email-sent-out-about-gangsta-rap-and-the-prison-industry/

I came across a very interesting letter today. It's from an anonymous source but it appears to blow the whistle on the whole gangsta rap genre. There are no names mentioned. It is basically saying that a group of music insiders met and decided to invest more heavily in marketing gangsta rap. They wanted to promote criminal behaviour so that more people would be sent to the private prisons in which they had a stake.

I know it sounds very suspicious but it wouldn't really surprise me. It's known as the prison industrial complex. A lot of people stand to make a lot of money on the back of prison expansions and more people being incarcerated. It's not as prevalent as it's bigger brother, the military industrial complex, but it still goes on and it's just as worrying.

It'll be interesting to see if anything more comes of this. Especially who the people were in the room, that's if the whole thing is real.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/04/26/death-certificate-an-incredible-anonymous-email-sent-out-about-gangsta-rap-and-the-prison-industry/

The second part is where the conspiracy kicks in. I agree with the first part Gangsta rap was clearly marketed very well. I think there were several more real things they did to screw up urban (minority) areas like flooding it with drugs and guns and corrupt police.

1991?

After the rise and fall of NWA and Ice-T and others? Just before the Chronic and Snoop and Pac and a few others but I think Gangsta rap was already well on the way to becoming more mainstream and popular before this apparent meeting.

This was pretty much hip hop at its greatest. A stage full of the best golden era artists at the time and every one of them spits a class verse.

And when the presenter, Ed Lover drops the "thanks to the brother that through the butterfinger" line the crowd goes wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

Hiphopdx have a good interview with Brother Ali at da moment, worth a read if ur into him

I posted a few weeks ago about Freddie Gibbs and Rick Ross and how Gibbs doesn't like him at all. Well I saw this article on hiphopdx today and in it Gangsta Gibbs says he might be taking a shot at Ross on his upcoming mixtape.

I know Gibbs is on Jeezy's label and they hate each other but as I pointed out before Gibbs has been saying this for a good while now, long before he was with Jeezy at all. It has probably just given the spark to light a potential feud.

I hope that Gibbs disses Ross and that Ross tries to come back with something. I think Gibbs would eat him alive on a track.

• Advertisement

any raggae fans here ?

just being pm'ing boom bap about a possible reggae thread here on the hip hop forum, yes i know its a completely different genre but theres no raggae thread on boards and its hippidy hop like the title describing the hip hop forum on the music forum.

just want to see if theres any raggae fans floating about here?

songs like this by the likes of the marleys where theirs clear bars being rapped.

Having a Reggae thread makes sense, A Funk, Soul etc thread would be good too depending on support.

There's already a forum for funk/soul ^

Yeah i'm a big reggae fan, had Legend by bob marley on repeat for the past 2 summers, been listening to some peter tosh and some Eddie grant lately. Been listening to UB40 for as long as i can remember, my da has all their albums, big fan of them.

I'd be in favour of a reggae thread. :)

But all my Funk was gotten through Hip-Hop so that is why a thread on it would make sense, although a generic sample thread would make more sense maybe I dunno.

Funk was not something I would kinda hear around Dublin, whereas at least some reggae was always kinda here and there vaguely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

For anybody who cares, this explains everything you need to know about where Earl was. And it's brilliant.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/06/arts/music/earl-sweatshirt-is-back-from-the-wilderness.html

ye il start a reggae thread so and see how we get on... something simple like your favourite reggae songs etc ..:)

Andre 3000 to shoot Jimi Hendrix Biopic "All Is By My Side" here in Ireland

I might have to go for a spot of celeb-hunting during the summer.

According to this site the locations being used for the shoot are:
    IFTN understands that locations pencilled in to be used include Bray Head Hotel; the John Player Cigarette Factory on South Circular Road; Bray itself; a number of nightclubs in Bray, Dun Laoghaire and various other locations around Dublin.

Hopefully they can convince him to pop down to Kilkenny and play a gig.

Jerry Heller kicking it in Cali. 3:22 minutes into the video, chilling at a battle.

Ghostface was featured in the New York Times crossword puzzle the other day.

20 Across: Rapper who came to prominence as a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

There was space for 15 letters. You'd have been able to fit RZA, GZA, U-God and ODB in there as an answer. I'd say the people doing it must have been fairly pissed off. Almost none of them would have gotten it.

image.jpg

While I'm on the topic of answers to questions, this is a peach of a clip from a Teen Jeopardy episode in America. It's probably the saddest answer anyone has ever given on a quiz show. 150k views as of now. He'll be getting some stick in school about it no doubt.

• Advertisement

That requires meeting Patrick Stewart and getting a personal double facepalm.

Advertisement