Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=165473

Nas: Behind the music.
    2pac saying he would remove the Nas diss and for Nas to meet him in Vegas was something I never knew about

"Nas is your favorite rappers favorite rapper" - Q-Tip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

"Nas is your favorite rappers favorite rapper" - Q-Tip

I would have to say the same about Rakim.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I would have to say the same about Rakim.

Nas, 2Pac and Rakim are definites in most rappers lists and Jay-z and Biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think Suge is a bit jealous that he wasn't the one to do the whole 'hologram' of Tupac. He's mouthing off now saying that Pac isn't dead.
    “Maybe the question is Pac really not dead. Pac’s somewhere else,” Knight explained. “I mean it’s the truth if you really look at it…Nobody seen Tupac dead. The thing is this the person who supposedly cremated Tupac, his mother wanted done quickly, he passed. So this guy got about three million dollars personally from me, cash. And next thing I know I never heard from the guy or seen him again.”

Also why would he pay 3 million to someone to cremate Tupac? I'm sure plenty of legit people would do it for a hell of a lot less. And who the **** has 3 million in CASH lying around like that? That's stacks on stacks on stacks. Suge has got to be bull****ting on that as well.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.19469/title.suge-knight-says-he-doesnt-believe-that-tupac-shakur-is-dead/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Suge is so full of **** its unbelievable. Hes still trying to convince people that he got shot in the head during the shooting? GTFO

• Advertisement

Andy_rse wrote: »
    Suge is so full of **** its unbelievable. Hes still trying to convince people that he got shot in the head during the shooting? GTFO

Ya gotta feel sorry for him. He's stooping to desperate levels with these claims. A 4.5 inch bullet to the head from that range would surely result in death.

He reminds me a little of Michael Scott from the US Office. He's acting like a pure child and trying to sound as hard as possible.

I reckon it's possible that he got hit by something but definitely not in the head. Probably in his stomach. Luckily he's so fat that it would never have managed to pierce any major arteries.

He was meant to have a piece of glass in his head after the shooting, but he claimed it was a bullet.

And i'd say he could have easily had 3 million quid cash lying around, he did a lot more than produce music if you know what i mean.

But no, tupac is not alive. Absolute bullshít on his behalf.

The 2pac alive thing is funny, it is Hip-Hops own little meme.

"lotta talk and rumours on us / who's the hottest to be honest / hip hop ain't been the same since Tupac moved to Cuba on us"

There's always bullshít about backmasking in pacs songs and all that. None of the backwards messages make sense if you're not reading the subtitles on the videos on youtube.

The only people i'd say actually did that on purpose were pink floyd.

Yeah everyone apparently has backmasks in their songs. Hanson probably did according to some.

• Advertisement

There's always bullshít about backmasking in pacs songs and all that. None of the backwards messages make sense if you're not reading the subtitles on the videos on youtube.

The only people i'd say actually did that on purpose were pink floyd.

Well them and "The Party Posse" :pac:.

Seriously, it's a load of nonsense. You can find links between anything and everything if you delve deep enough.

I know I mention Chamillionaire a lot but he puts a lot of backwards messages into his songs. They're generally to do with competitions that he's running or something.

Anyway 3 years he mentioned a concept for a song called "Live Backwards". I can't remember the full details but parts of the song were normal and other parts were backwards so you had to go and reverse it to find out what was being said. I may have gotten some of them details wrong but I remember being blown away by the whole thing at the time.

That was a song for his album "Venom". That is completely scrapped now and he's contractually barred from using any of them songs in the future. No idea if he had recorded that song though, so hopefully we might get to hear it some time down the line.

It's not quite the same as the alleged Pac backmasks but it's along similar lines.

For anyone interested you can hear Cham talking about the song in the video below. Go to around 6:20 in it. We'll never hear it because he actually recorded it I think. Universal are jokes.

hologram-coachella-518x518.jpg
    Is this a piss take?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Is this a piss take?

lol it is funny enough, id take it with a pinch of salt.:)

Yes. It was drawn up after Tupac's performance. Every single person (or at least one member from the bands) is dead on the poster. If it was even half true it'd be the greatest festival of all time by a country mile and then some.

A pinch of salt? Try a kilo of salt :P.

I saw an article about it on global grind but im too tired and drunk to read it, isn't global grind russel simmons website?

Cant imagine he'd be posting bull**** but it just looks too stupid to be true.

I saw an article about it on global grind but im too tired and drunk to read it, isn't global grind russel simmons website?

Cant imagine he'd be posting bull**** but it just looks too stupid to be true.

ye im pretty sure its russel's site, i follow him on twitter and he posts a lot of humorous things up like topless pics of rhianna or pics of so and so's arse etc so it wouldn't surprise me if he posted this up.

i actually had a conversation with him on twitter about black people being discriminated against in america, just seen the justice for trayvon martin banner advertised on the site so brought back my few words with him. its something he feels very strongly about, often tweets about it.

If anybody is the godfather of hip hop it's russell simmons for certain.

Very important but Gil-Scott Heron was the Godfather. (well it seems dozens are known as the "godfather of hip-hop")

Russel was the rich cool Uncle who helped push things along.

Interesting that more people know "Rappers delight" than know "The breaks" even though The breaks went Gold first.

Africa Bambatta formed Native Tongues, wow didn't know that.

• Advertisement

suge knights threatens to beat the sh*t out of officer rick ross for the song "tupac back" and his association with diddy! lol , i hope he does:D but what strikes me as odd is suge still thinking diddy killed pac?:confused:
    "I can't sit up here and say I'm bitter to Rick Ross, 'cus like anybody else, we don't know Rick Ross," Suge said according to HipHopDX. "That's a guy who uses somebody else's name. This guy comes from being a correctional officer. I don't got nothing negative [against him] personally, I just feel like he do do good music, and you can't take that from him. That boy got bars, he's gonna write…at the same time, I feel like there's a line you cross, and Rick Ross crossed that line. If you're gonna be with guy [Diddy] who killed Tupac, you can't go turn around and do a record [called] 'Tupac Back'…Rick Ross is a grown a$$ n*gga. I'll beat the dog sh*t out of Rick Ross for manipulating these people out here."

the link with audio.

http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/suge-knight-threatens-to-beat-the-dog-sh-t-out-of-rick-ross

So Suge thinks that Tupac isn't dead AND he also thinks that Diddy killed him???

He's a laugh so he is.

So Suge thinks that Tupac isn't dead AND he also thinks that Diddy killed him???

He's a laugh so he is.

seems like it :D. I genineally think no one is scared of him anymore anyway, he's back on the scene a lot lately but he went missing for ages when he was k.o'd in a random street fight about 1 maybe 2 years ago outside a club.

i think the obvious thing going on here is , he using the tupac hologram as ploy to be relevant again, just riding the wave. I mean that "tupac back" song is what over a year old now? its forgotten about no need to bring it up now imo, should of spoke about it when it was relevant.

Suge knight can fúck off! The lad is an absolute ham!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Suge is a complete and utter embarrassment to himself, there's no lengths he won't go to in order to get some media attention.

mr porter from d12 talks detox, shady/aftermath, 50, slaughterhouse, producing and mixing and lamar.

never knew he prod p.i.m.p either. Also loving how he's mentioned BJ the Chicago kid as someone he wants to work with, he is so talented been listening to him a lot lately after i stumbled across him.

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2012/04/hip-hop-n-more-interview-with-mr-porter/4/
    HHNM: Speaking of Dre, what the hell is up with ‘Detox’? And have you heard any of it, ever?

Mr. Porter: Yes, I have.

HHNM: Recently?

Mr. Porter: Yup. Look at it this way, when it comes it will come. It will be here when it’s time. If it shows up it’s cool, if not it’s still cool. What can you take away from a dude who’s done what he has done. This show that he put on this past weekend was monumental. That was life changing for people. Even though some people used that technology(hologram) before, it was never talked about this much.

HHNM: Yeah, you can’t ever take anything away from him.

Mr. Porter: Yeah, you can’t rush a person to make something that he wants to be right. You can’t blame him for that. People put their expectations on you. I almost wish he never said anything.

HHNM: Yeah, because it’s been a decade now (laughs).

Mr. Porter: Yeah because I hate that he had to go through that pressure. I know how he works. Most people don’t give a sh*t about the creative process, I do. I want him to be comfortable and be happy working. Not like people wanna shoot you down because they waited too long. That sh*t is wack. He’s got music with other people that’s great. He’s working with Kendrick and the records that he has with him are dope. Appreciate what you have. Let that process be that process. I’d rather wait. And I’m one of his protégés so I will do whatever is required. I’m a fan but I’m also a friend. I can go to the store and get popcorn for him if I had to. If people calm down, I believe it will come out.

HHNM: You produced 50 Cent’s chart topper ‘P.I.M.P’ but I don’t think you worked with him again after that apart from G-Unit’s ‘Stunt 101’. What’s the reason?

Mr. Porter: Man, when it comes to that situation, we’ve done a lot of records in between. What happened was really just timing. I went different ways and all that. What people don’t realize about 50 is that, that guy held our ship for a long time. We were going through turmoil and 50 was out there by himself. I think that’s the story that should be told. He has been recording music to my beats but they just didn’t make the cut or whatever. 50’s the man though. He held it down for Shady/Aftermath when we weren’t going through a good phase. Dre lost his son, we lost Proof. 50 was out there grinding by himself.

We recently have been talking a lot about some records. Maybe it will happen on his new album, I don’t know. I wasn’t giving it my 110% on the records that I was sending him since I wasn’t in a right space but hopefully, that will change now and we will work soon.

HHNM: So did you recently send him any beats? Any possibility you could land up on his new album?

Mr. Porter: Yeah, actually I am currently looking for a record for him. I gave one record away that was specifically for him. I had to give it to another artist because it was a deadline issue. It had to be turned in, in time.

HHNM: And who’s the artist that you gave the beat to?

Mr. Porter: Umm..well I’ll say it will be coming out around next month. And it was a group, not a solo artist.

HHNM: Ahh..Slaughterhouse?

Mr. Porter: Maybe. And the crazy part is that I actually gave away one of my singles. It was a single I wrote for myself. Then I thought it would be perfect for 50 and then the whole situation came up and went to somebody else.

HHNM: By the way, that Slaughterhouse album is shaping up nicely.

Mr. Porter: Yeah man, Em is mixing their record right now. He’s killing the mixes man. I was just up there yesterday listening to one of the songs I did. Em is phenomenal. I do so many things like produce, mix, rap, sing and all that. I just have to work on marketing it now. And Em will tell you himself like he’s still learning certain stuff. And that’s funny cause I tell him like “yeah you got it” and he’ll tell me like “naw I’m still learning” (laughs).

HHNM: Yeah I think mixing and mastering is really, really important. For example, that new Kendrick and Dre record sounds so crisp. You can hear so many layers on it.

Mr. Porter: Yeah, I’m glad you said that because people need to learn that. It’s not something that is easy. You have to put your all into that stuff. You need a lot of patience for it.

HHNM: Name a few artists that you would really like to work with or produce for but haven’t done yet.

Mr. Porter: Hmm let’s see. Kendrick is definitely one of them. And I will definitely work with him. I’ma collaborate with a lot of producers as well. Just try to do something different. I’m gonna probably work with Wale and Rick Ross. I like B.o.B as well and would like to do something with him. Slim The Mobster is really dope. We did 3 or 4 records together. And he’s Aftermath family so that’s good. And yeah, BJ The Chicago Kid. That kid is really dope. And me being a singer too, I really like when I hear a good singer. Hopefully, I will get to work with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

2Pac was shot in late 1994, not 1995. Just being picky!

For anyone who is a fan of Big Ghost, aka the mighty Hands of Zeus aka Galaxy Knuckles aka Thor Molecules aka Volcano Hands otherwise known as the one n only Cocaine Biceps, he has just released The 5th Annual 10 Softest Niggas In the Game.

It's as brilliant as ever. His continued hatred of all things Young Money and in particular Drake never gets old. He's focusing a lot more on Tyga as well this time. And of course it's great to see him laying into Wiz Khagina :pac:
    5. Tyga - Swear this nigga got World Star videos pumpin thru his veins at all times b. This amphibian ass lookin mutha****a means the same thing to rap what ukuleles mean to basketball...not a damn thing. Only thing softer n more corny than a soft n corny ass nigga is a soft n corny ass nigga who dont recognize his own soft corniness n tries to portray hisself as a don or some ****. Meanwhile the nigga looks like a newborn rodent. I got jeans that weigh more than this mutha****a b. Get him the **** outta here.
    2. Drake aka the Patron Saint of Tenderness aka the Human Glee Episode aka The Inventor of the Audio Scrunchie aka the Merchant of Cuddles otherwise known as The Wizard of Pause. When son aint travelin the world collectin magic wands n lookin for next level china patterns...you can usually find the boy doin lyrical origami on a track or out rescuin strippers from captivity nahmean. You kno you soft when you feel good bout droppin 10 Gs on a shower head that sprays lavender fragrances n ****. Word is bond...you kno you soft when chicks be showin how to do makeovers on youtube to look like you. You kno you soft when you inspire mutha****in Zac Efron to get YOLO tatted on his creamy little hand b. You kno you soft when the furry mascots at ball games n **** be askin if they can get pictures wit YOU son. You kno you soft when you got a pink budgie, a baby owl n Aaliyah's face all tatted 5 inches apart from each other on ya back. Son I can keep goin but you should get the point by now...

For anyone who doesn't know, Big Ghost is a parody blog. It was original run pretending to be written by Ghostface Killah. After a while Ghost found out and he had to come out and talk himself out of a few potential beefs, the most notable one being Wiz Khalifa.

It's the best parody I've ever read. The blog entries are written to perfection. His review of Watch the Throne was one of the funniest things I've read.

Here are links to his previous softest awards. It says annual but annual in his terms means about every 3 months thankfully.

The 1st Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game

The 2nd Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game

The 3rd Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game

The 4th Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game

Here's a link to his best insults.

I couldn't recommend reading the lists on the site anymore. It's some of the funniest things you'll read all year. It's view count for this month alone is 253,000 and it's growing by the hundreds every 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Thats fúckin brilliant hahahahaha
    I did some serious laughing at his lil kim insult.
    Then went onto google images.
    Then regretted it.

Advertisement