Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mr. Porter Leaves D12, Says Kon Artis Is "Dead".

That makes it two members who have left D12 in recent weeks. There are only 4 left. I can't see them lasting as a group.

Kon Artis said he'll remain as Eminem's hypeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr. Porter Leaves D12, Says Kon Artis Is "Dead".

That makes it two members who have left D12 in recent weeks. There are only 4 left. I can't see them lasting as a group.

Kon Artis said he'll remain as Eminem's hypeman.
    there is only 2 members left Kuniva & Swift
    Eminem is pretty much gone as well

MD1990 wrote: »
    there is only 2 members left Kuniva & Swift
    Eminem is pretty much gone as well

I only glanced at their Wiki page. Some Fuzzy lad is down as a member, Never heard of him.

It's a pity because they made some great music back in the day. They haven't released anything since Proof's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

The group is gone.

Eminem is average at best now and concentrating on other things and slim shady is pretty much dead too.
    So most of the members have left, died or their main d12 persona died.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

That group is eminem and 3 nobodies, i genuinely can't see them releasing anything again.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    That group is eminem and 3 nobodies, i genuinely can't see them releasing anything again.

Just because you never listened to their music does not make them nobodies.

Just because you never listened to their music does not make them nobodies.

That's not why i think they're nobodies and i haven't listened to any of their solo work if it even exists, only their work with d12 which is lacking.
    I doubt 9 out of 10 people can name the 3 remaining d12 members without google.

That's not why i think they're nobodies and i haven't listened to any of their solo work if it even exists, only their work with d12 which is lacking.
    I doubt 9 out of 10 people can name the 3 remaining d12 members without google.

Not many people can name a lot of NWA, PE, Dungeon Family or DPG but that does not mean they are nobodies or crap.

They have solo work, you should give it a try before brushing them off.

You find d12s work lacking? Ok, don't bother with their solo work then except Proofs solo work which surpasses a lot of Eminems solo stuff imo.

(Also they all do a fair bit of producing too, iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I actually listened to a few tracks from the first album after I saw Project X the other night ('Fight Music' is in the movie), never liked Purple Pills when it was first released (2001??) but listened to it the other night and it's actually a lot better than I remember :P Rest of the stuff is bad though, can't listen to more than 2 or 3 songs from the second album.

No loss imo, they've been as good as finished for a very long time.

Not many people can name a lot of NWA, PE, Dungeon Family or DPG but that does not mean they are nobodies or crap.

They have solo work, you should give it a try before brushing them off.

You find d12s work lacking? Ok, don't bother with their solo work then except Proofs solo work which surpasses a lot of Eminems solo stuff imo.

I listen to proof regularly, he was excellent.
    I find nothing exciting about the remaining members from any d12 songs i've listened to. I've never heard anything worth remembering from them.

• Advertisement

I've never heard anything worth remembering from them.

Not surprising when you have not heard their solo work and do not like d12s work in general.

Just saying, nothing wrong with not liking them but brushing them off as nobodies is ignorance imo.

Not surprising when you have not heard their solo work and do not like d12s work in general.

To be fair, Proof and Em were the only decent two. The rest are nobodies.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The rest are nobodies.

You can say you do not like their music, saying they are nobody is just not true.

Mr Porter helped to produce Infinite and the slim shady ep and lots of other tracks over the years, and has solo work so hardly a nobody.

Just saying, nothing wrong with not liking them but brushing them off as nobodies is ignorance imo.

Right then, name 3 notable musical achievements by them and then I won't "brush them off" as nobodies.

1 - Helping bring Eminem up. (production on his early work that got him noticed, rapping with him too)
    2 - Platinum album.
    3 - 2xPlatinum album.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

regarding D12
    the remaining members should be very thankful to Eminem for gettin them
    alot of money & overall success
    but without Eminem they are nobodies & won't sell any records

1 - Helping bring Eminem up. (production on his early work that got him noticed, rapping with him too)
    2 - Platinum album.
    3 - 2xPlatinum album.

So Kuniva, Swifty McVay and Fuzz Scoota did all this?
    we're discussing the remaining members, not D12 when they had proof and mr porter and bugz and all them.

The remaining members, bar eminem are nobodies in the hip hop industry, you're kidding yourself if you think they're important.

So Kuniva, Swifty McVay and Fuzz Scoota did all this?
    we're discussing the remaining members, not D12 when they had proof and mr porter and bugz and all them.

The above members are nobodies in the hip hop industry, you're kidding yourself if you think they're important.

I don't know who Fuzz Scoota is, I don't think he was every really in the group at least not in their released work.

It was a group effort. Yes Slim, Kon-artis, Proof and Bizarre did more than Kuniva and Swift but that does not mean the last two are nobodies.

After Eminem came out they were all viewed as nobodies until one by one they got the recognition they deserved imo the last 2 will either go on to release more good material or possibly fade out who knows but they were part of a big rap group I would hardly call them nobodies.

Fuzz Scoota was apparently a member but left in 99 and rejoined in 2011 - but is not on any released material even before he left in 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

nearly every group has a break through artist, he's usually the most important one and the one that gets everyone their break.

but for me as said before, em and proof were the only decent acts.

They won't be remembered by many if/when they do fade out. They're known (by very few) because of their association with em.

• Advertisement

They are known for their albums, that sold pretty well actually.

As mufc said there is usually one breakout artist who makes it and then brings others up with him, that does not discredit the ones who did not go on to sell millions of solo albums.

Not every artist sells millions, does not make them nobodies or crap.

kanye you dirty dog, fair play

2 attention whores with ego's as big as eachother, imagine the arguments they'd have, why's he having a go at her ex though?

2 attention whores with ego's as big as eachother, imagine the arguments they'd have, why's he having a go at her ex though?

very true. not sure, i couldnt even listen to all that track taught it was horrible.

could be to gain some publicity for the good friday album. maybe:confused:.. pusha t said the 1st singles coming tomorrow.

very true. not sure, i couldnt even listen to all that track taught it was horrible.

"And I'll admit, I fell in love with Kim/ 'Round the same time she had fell in love wit' him/ Well, that's cool, baby girl, do ya thing/ Lucky I ain't have Jay drop him from the team."

Him = Kris Humphries, Kim's ex that plays for Jay's basketball team.

Kanye has to be the biggest prat in the entertainment industry, I'd genuinely love to see him get a good hiding from someone soon...fingers crossed

"And I'll admit, I fell in love with Kim/ 'Round the same time she had fell in love wit' him/ Well, that's cool, baby girl, do ya thing/ Lucky I ain't have Jay drop him from the team."

Him = Kris Humphries, Kim's ex that plays for Jay's basketball team.

Kanye has to be the biggest prat in the entertainment industry, I'd genuinely love to see him get a good hiding from someone soon...fingers crossed

+1 on that, he comes across as a right *****r in fairness and does deserve a good slap but at the end of the day the man makes good music so he's always in demand.

his last album was great, he was class on WTT but like you said it's just his ego!.

Yeah his ego can get the better of him at times and throwing them people out of that concert was dickheadedness, i still think he's the best mainstream rapper out there though

• Advertisement

If Kanye was a fighter pilot then he'd be getting this statement thrown at him every second week.

He does make some amazing music though. So at the moment I'm able to overlook all of his obvious and just focus on his albums.

Advertisement