Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everything Else Hip Hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    It's beyond a joke really and hugely disrespectful from puff to compare them.

You'd think he'd have more respect for his 1st ever real flagship artist. Without biggie, bad boy wouldn't of being a relevant label IMO.
    Biggie elevated Bad Boy and honestly I never thought Piuff would compare Ross to him. I think Puffy is trying to stay relevant tbh.

Diddy is a leach man always has been, pretty much sold out on Kim too siding with niki more or less.

Honestly though he's made some terrible signings over the years to his label in his constant pursuit to re-build it, young joc , cassie etc

Shyne was probably his best signing since the whole biggie era, black Rob had a few nice songs and red cafe has a few hits but the majority have been cat !

The new lad machine gun Kelly is the latest one. ! Havnt even bothered listining to him outside of his ft on dmx's new single.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Diddy knew Biggie.
    Biggie raps about the same things as Ross.

I don't see the problem with him comparing them. True, Biggie is way better than Ross but they are not beyond comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Diddy knew Biggie.

I don't see the problem with him comparing them. True, Biggie is way better than Ross but they are not beyond comparison.
    Yeah but Biggie lived the life of selling crack and other shite on the street, Ross tryed to stop people from doing it and raps about it as if he did it himself so thats what i feel is wrong about it,

Diddy knew Biggie.

You really don't give biggie the credit he deserves man , i can't Belive your serious to be honest.

Just about every single gangsta rapper on the planet has similar content, it doesn't make them comparable.

If I said j cole or Lamar were comparable to pac , what would you say? Both are gaining reputations as great story tellers.

You really don't give biggie the credit he deserves man , i can't Belive your serious to be honest.

Just about every single gangsta rapper on the planet has similar content, it doesn't make them comparable.

If I said j cole or Lamar were comparable to pac , what would you say? Both are gaining reputations as great story tellers.

I give him credit. He was great. He was 100's of times a better rapper than Ross, I can't stands ross's music.

But being a gangsta* rapper does make them comparable, plus Diddy was Biggies producer/promoter/friend so I can't see why people are getting so annoyed at him over this. I can see other reasons to not like him though.

Lamar is a bad example, he is very like 2pac. Very like him, inspired by him in fact. I must give Cole a second chance considering how wrong I was about Lamar. I don't see the relevance here though. A long long way to being as prolific and great as 2pac but considering his age he is getting there fast.

*regardless of Biggie doing some of it and Ross doing none of it, this is about their likeness in rap.

News flash: Eminem did not kill his mother, there was not a spaceship in the late 90's with a "big ass canibus coming soon sign on it", etc.
    Rap is not always facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

News flash: Eminem did not kill his mother, there was not a spaceship in the late 90's with a "big ass canibus coming soon sign on it", etc.
    Rap is not always facts.

Yeah but in reality Eminem doesn't act like a serial killer and Ross goes on factually as if he's a gangster, thats what pisses me off about about him, he couldnt be anymore of a fraud.

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Yeah but in reality Eminem doesn't act like a serial killer and Ross goes on factually as if he's a gangster, thats what pisses me off about about him, he couldnt be anymore of a fraud.

Agreed. Does not affect his raps though. (many embellish the truth, tell stories or just plain lie in music)

Diddy knows both rappers, both rappers have overlapping choices of raps so I don't see the problem with the comparison except for the fact Biggie would run laps around him (lyrically and possibly literally)

LL Cool J features in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

LL Cool J features in this.

That looks incredibly awkward.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    That looks incredibly awkward.

In what way? His feature? You do know it is an April fools day joke?

In what way? His feature? You do know it is an April fools day joke?

Haha only realized that, here I was asking myself how the f*ck does that work..falling for a few of these today, I'm blaming the hangover :P

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Haha only realized that, here I was asking myself how the f*ck does that work..falling for a few of these today, I'm blaming the hangover :P

Google have excellent pranks like this for years, very similar to the Onion "newspaper". Plus good acting too which makes it seem more believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Didn't know this was RZA until i watched it a second time. Funny stuff.

"Inappropriate? that's some fúcked up shít yo."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Diggy Simmons takes a shot at J Cole on his latest song.
    The other day I was listening to Purple Rain / couldn’t believe all of the things that I heard em say / Who dat, who dat, you know who it is / Heard you lying on my sis, tellin people that you hit / When your album drops I’ma hit you with your bricks / So I’ma bomb first on you since you wanna riff / Who you gonna call, you ain’t got no friends / This fight is fixed, you ain’t got no wins / Little nigga named Cole think he live like me / Jet setter trend setter, yeah you not like me / Can’t find a girl that you know that do not like me / Can’t find a girl I know, who know you, you dumb fool / Wasn’t even poppin’ in the school you used to go to.

It's alright. Better than some of the other attempts we've seen recently. At least he names Cole in it. Can't see anything much in this really. Cole would be very stupid to go against a 17 yo, and especially when you take into account who his family is.

Diggy looking for some attention following his woeful first week sales..

spoilt little fu*ker , cole shouldnt respond to this beaver wannabe.

Didn't cole start this? Either way i agree with mufc, he's a spoilt little bollocks.
    Wouldn't have thought people would take shots at him or his family though, Russel Simmons being his uncle and all.

Since when did he rap? I thought it was the older one who rapped?

See below post for Cole lyrics and the Vanessa thing. Definitely Cole who started this, can't blame Diggy for responding.

To be fair to him Cole was the one that made the first move. He kind of makes up for it again though later on before mentioning Diggy's sister.

Load of nonsense if you ask me. Diggy's just looking for something to get him into the spotlight for a week or so.
    Move along cock-sucker, ain’t got nothing to see,
    ‘less you talking blockbuster, you niggas is not Russell
    You more Diggy, Me, I’m more Biggie
    No diss to the young boy, I’m just rapping, get bored quickly
    Just to make up for that line, invite him on tour with me
    Show him the game, let him finagle these whores with me
    Run through their doors with me, hit the Ritz Carlton for the night
    Leave ‘em there two dykes, probably change a niggas life, right?
    Wattup Vanessa? I loved you that one semester
    Thanks to my profession I ball’d like uncle Festor

• Advertisement

Yeah diggy's been rapping a good while now, he has a version of shook ones II and he kills it. I was surprised how well he did on that beat. Jojo raps as well, he's fúckin shít though.

It seems that run hasn't really passed much of his talent to his kids, his daughter vanessa is fit as fúck though.

Since he dropped this track a week or so before his 15th birthday.

The older brother is brutal. Run, Diggy and JoJo were on one of the BET cyphers last year I think. I felt sad watching JoJo trying to rap alongside them.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah diggy's been rapping a good while now, he has a version of shook ones II and he kills it. I was surprised how well he did on that beat. Jojo raps as well, he's fúckin shít though.

Cheers, just listened to it he handles that beat very nice in fairness. Queens link too, despite him growing up in NJ but anyway.

Jesus, he has a thing for rapping over classic beats. He is not bad on them either.

Think the older brother was part of some failed R&B/Rap group, can't say for sure. Diggy actually isn't that bad, has some good lines.

Can't see Cole responding to a 17 year old that got a deal because of who his dad is, even if he did his family should stay out of it, they probably wouldn't do Dig any favors..

I despise diggys voice with a passion.

ye but didnt cole say this ages ago , on his album?

look how long he's after taking to reply, his 1st week sales were terrible, a cry for attention imo.

http://twitter.com/#!/RevRunWisdom/status/186488267196211200

"J Cole.. Puts out 2 records Dissing family & Diggy & nobody cared.. Some1 leaks a old Diggy record & there's a problem?"

Here's the BET cypher. Cube and his two sons, and the Rev and his two.

Jo-Jo is brutal. Thankfully Run rescues the day with a sick verse.

This was Jojo's group, absolute dirt.

• Advertisement

"J Cole.. Puts out 2 records Dissing family & Diggy & nobody cared.. Some1 leaks a old Diggy record & there's a problem?"
    Rev Run trying to garner some publicity for his son...sad.

Advertisement