Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge queues form at Capuchin food handout

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

pollswwrdwhatwouldreaga.jpg

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    You never asked, and yes I have.

Don't believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Kernel wrote: »
    Don't believe you.
    Well I don't believe you volunteered for the centre, so I guess what we have here is a situation of mutual disbelief. I don't particularly care about resolving it however since I'm not the one who might possibly injure future donations to the order with evidence-free claims of hordes of spongers.

Well I don't believe you volunteered for the centre, so I guess what we have here is a situation of mutual disbelief. I don't particularly care about resolving it however since I'm not the one who might possibly injure future donations to the order with evidence-free claims of hordes of spongers.

Climb down off your high horse there lad. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dudess wrote: »
    Roma.

If they have Romanian passports they are Romanian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

samina wrote:
    I don't know where you live but where I live they do the rounds weekly handing out money, food and used to give a weeks holiday in a mobile somewhere don't know if they still do this. True they might not be paying for their bolidays in Spain maybe they are giving it the batman instead. Like I say they all work or collect the lone parents and live with their working partners. So he's I do begrudge people getting things for free when there are people who need it and could be getting more only for these people, not that I begrudge them getting it only because I don't because if I had the morals of a dog I could because they give to anyone who asks.

Yes I'm no great loss to them but I'd rather give my money where I know it's going to good use
    it doesn't make sense that you feel for needy people, yet won't help them because of the scanners... :confused:
    Who wouldn't feel for the needy? What's confusing is the fact that you don't understand that I won't give to an organisation that I know is being taken advantage of by so many. I would have no problem buying a homeless person a cuppa and a sandwich or donating to the charities I feel are giving to those who TRULY need it. If you feel ok about giving to a charity that I've seen give their (could have been yours) money to people who probably have more money than you that's your choice. The sad part is many people who lost jobs in recent years would be too proud and go hungry rather than see their kids go without for Christmas and the same old scroungers get everything.

I even remember my parents struggling when I was growing up in the last recession, they were scraping by on what they had and they watched our neighbours get handouts they didn't need. It's not a recent occurrence this has been going on for years. The people who work for them are so sincere its just unfortunate that not all the people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OK. So some bloke needs to get free food so he has the cash for his slab of beer. So what. Live and let live. Maybe not having his beer may lead to domestic abuse/violence.

I'm not making excuses but sometimes there's more to it than meets the eye.

Judgement is dangerous as nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors or behind the front that any individual is putting up.

We are all constantly judging others (for better or worse) but usually it's based on our own experiences without taking the experiences and circumstances of others into account - circumstances that we often have no understanding or even the remotest comprehension of.

The Capuchins have long standing experience in this regard so leave them to it and donate if you can. The cause is a more than worthy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

If it's hard to spot, how do you know it's happening?

An emphatic YES D. Several examples. Much as you prefer to deny it.

Roma.

And unless you have the actual stats, you don't know that it's only a few who need it.

Are these the Romas that are picking up €1800 a week begging? That enough facts for you D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Originally Posted by samina
    I don't know where you live but where I live they do the rounds weekly handing out money, food and used to give a weeks holiday in a mobile somewhere don't know if they still do this. True they might not be paying for their bolidays in Spain maybe they are giving it the batman instead. Like I say they all work or collect the lone parents and live with their working partners. So he's I do begrudge people getting things for free when there are people who need it and could be getting more only for these people, not that I begrudge them getting it only because I don't because if I had the morals of a dog

• Advertisement

samina wrote: »
    Who wouldn't feel for the needy? What's confusing is the fact that you don't understand that I won't give to an organisation that I know is being taken advantage of by so many. I would have no problem buying a homeless person a cuppa and a sandwich or donating to the charities I feel are giving to those who TRULY need it. If you feel ok about giving to a charity that I've seen give their (could have been yours) money to people who probably have more money than you that's your choice. The sad part is many people who lost jobs in recent years would be too proud and go hungry rather than see their kids go without for Christmas and the same old scroungers get everything.

I even remember my parents struggling when I was growing up in the last recession, they were scraping by on what they had and they watched our neighbours get handouts they didn't need. It's not a recent occurrence this has been going on for years. The people who work for them are so sincere its just unfortunate that not all the people are.

Well said. Speaks volumes really, much as others would try to tut-tut it.

You never asked, and yes I have. If you haven't learned not to judge a book by its cover by the stage of your life I don't know what more can be said to you. Away and beyond that, you still haven't clarified what it is you hope to achieve by coming on with evidence-free claims about droves of spongers draining charitable donations.

Even worse than the spongers are the CEOs.

Three times more than Cameron. FFS.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

pollswwrdwhatwouldreaga.jpg

Send an extra brigade of Tanks to West Germany? Call on the Senate to fund Stinger missiles for Afghan rebels? What is the relevance here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Of course, I believe that the State should not yet impose any restrictions on people's right to have children, however, I also believe that our current system of Social Welfare is creating an artificial situation in which the underclasses are thriving at the expense of the productive members of the State.

From what I can see, people (even generations of people) who sit on their arses spawning children which they are not fit to look after are creating huge problems both financially and sociologically (crime). This choice should not be supported by the tax payers as represented by the Government. I think Social Welfare should exist as a temporary measure for those who find themselves out of work, or for our pensioners or disabled people (drug addiction is not a disability), and I think that the Government should look at restructuring Social Welfare as such, whilst promoting contraception in order to engineer a more structured and productive society in the future.

In it's simplest form it's a numbers game, and the decent honest hard working people are having less children later in life, whereas the underclasses are having more children earlier, and expecting the State to pay for this. In short, they're out-breeding us, and if such a trend continues the problem will increase exponentially in the future.

Eugenicist.
    Another part in the globalist NWO agenda is falling into place. Gaddafi takes over as head of the African Union and wants to remove sovereignty of nations (nations are out, NWO global citizens are in) and create a United States of Africa. This man has changed his tune in recent years, I'll give him that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7864604.stm

Conspiracy Theorist.

Advocate of slavery
    Myers speculated that famines are a natural process to control population and harmonise a region by lowering the population to such an extent as to be self-supporting. I agree with this, after much thought. Certainly there are other factors including natural disasters and political leadership.

Now, onto the conspiracy. If one is to believe an agenda of the NWO, according to the Georgia Guidestones (which btw, I amnot convinced as to the authenticity of) is to reduce the global population to around 800 million, this would involve the culling of billions of people. Let's face it, there are only so many resources on this planet of ours, and once they're gone, we're pretty much donald ducked. In a way population control makes sense. The logic being, why allow 50 children to be born into abject poverty and suffering when you could have 1 child born into a world in which they can live in harmony, receiving a proper amount of resources and assistance. Hitler used sterilisation to achieve this social modelling, believing that by sterilising the 'impure' using the popular concept of Eugenics at the time, that he would be saving countless future generations of suffering and social problems. Obviously, he then decided to also focus on races which he disliked, and went to a concentration camp model to achieve his goals faster (and more inhumanely).

I have posted a thread here before stating my belief that there is evidence to suggest that AIDS was engineered and spread in Africa as a method of population control. I also believe that, despite market interests in increased availability of labour and consumers, that the population problem is coming to a head, and will be addressed in the future. I would like to know your opinions on this. Do you agree it is a problem? Do you think something should be done? If so, what? And what form do you believe the NWO (remember that decades ago, Henry Kissinger, a person who is believed to have strong NWO links, put forward a memo asking for solutions to the population problem) will take to address this issue?

Me? I think H5N1 could be one possibility, as a flu virus is an excellent way to spread death through the weaker people of the world. A huge war could be another, although I don't see that likely at this moment in time. Anyway, I hope this might encourage some speculation here rather than the usual arguments.

Erm...

False Dichotomy Fascist

More Eugenics and Paranoia

Misogynist

That's just from the first two pages of threads.

I would advocate that you be ignored.

Eugenicist.

Conspiracy Theorist.

Advocate of slavery

Erm...

False Dichotomy Fascist

More Eugenics and Paranoia

Misogynist

Wew.

Wew.

Wew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

WindSock wrote: »
    You're only allowed to avail of the service if you are almost starved to death, dressed in rags and are Irish...

wtf, do you expect the queue to look like this?

In fairness, I wouldnt be surprised if parts of the que looked like this

Wew?
    Like a metrosexual "wow", us bushcrafters are all big Ben Affleck fans.

Fascist. That's just from your reply to me. Such irony when an anti-fascist calls on censorship and for others to ignore someone. It always amuses me.

And hehe, yeah I'm proud of those contributions over the years. :D

Fascist. That's just from your reply to me. Such irony when an anti-fascist calls on censorship and for others to ignore someone. It always amuses me.

And hehe, yeah I'm proud of those contributions over the years. :D

I didn't say you should be censored. I think people like you should be allowed to soap box your utter crap.

In fact I'd actually fight for your freedom to spout such paranoid pseudo-scientific nonsense.

I still think you should be ignored though. You're so far outside the spectrum of people I'd be interested in spending my time on replying to that it's not even funny.

I will not respond to your nonsense but reserve the option of directing people to the above post so as to save them the trouble of taking you seriously.

Proud liberal.

• Advertisement

Proud liberal.

Yeah, liberals have done well for this country, and the West in general haven't they? I used to be a liberal, until I matured.

I'd rather give my money to these people:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

A lot of wasters just there because they can get something for free.. not because they actually need the food packages.

There was some fella on the radio a few weeks ago saying about how he travels up from the country every week or so for the free meal. Pissed me off big time

Another post another day I will tell ye about a man whom we shall know only as Mister P, Its an unbelievable story, He is living like a lord on free stuff..

charlemont wrote: »
    Another post another day I will tell ye about a man whom we shall know only as Mister P, Its an unbelievable story, He is living like a lord on free stuff..

There is little doubt that there are these pricks who think getting free stuff from the charitable is cute or smart.

You know what though? If it makes up a reasonably small % of what's given out to help people who really need it then let the ****ers have it.

The cost of putting the microscope on everyone because of these filth is too high for the dignity of people who are suffering enough as it is.

The cost of putting the microscope on everyone because of these filth is too high for the dignity of people who are suffering enough as it is.

Whoah whoah, calm down there Adolf. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Just in relation to the new white nike, ugg boots etc, you can buy these in charity shops for as little as 2 euro.

if they where in torn bare feet would it be more acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Roma.

And unless you have the actual stats, you don't know that it's only a few who need it.

Are these the Romas that are picking up €1800 a week begging? That enough facts for you D?
    Please stop referring to me as D as if we're buddies. And lol at anyone who believes all Roma earn 1800 a week. How Christian...

Proud liberal.

Yeah, liberals have done well for this country, and the West in general haven't they? I used to be a liberal, until I matured.

I'd rather give my money to these people:
    What is your definition of a liberal? Without insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Id queue up to be served by a monkey too, that would be awesome!

Even considering that this is After Hours the above is a disgraceful comment. I sometimes work nearby and the Capuchins provide a much needed service all year. This is now highlighted because its Christmas but they will be taking care of the homeless & needy in January just like they did last January and using this thread to have a swipe at the persons organising the service is pathetic. In fact as far as I am aware those serving are civilians.

Lets hope life stays nice and good for you and you dont have to lower yourself to be served by a "monkey" as you say.

Oh ffs it was a bit of good-natured wordplay. There is a type of monkey called a capuchin. Not once did he even vaguely appear to be having a go at the organisation and the work it does.

There are actual nasty posts here - bizarre one to pick on.

• Advertisement

Please stop referring to me as D as if we're buddies. And lol at anyone who believes all Roma earn 1800 a week. How Christian...

Ah you never fail D.:) So now that evidence is produced - as you demanded - it's only "some"?:rolleyes:

Advertisement