Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge queues form at Capuchin food handout

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh ffs it was a bit of good-natured wordplay. There is a type of monkey called a capuchin. Not once did he even vaguely appear to be having a go at the organisation and the work it does.

There are actual nasty posts here - bizarre one to pick on.

That post is as nasty as it gets. No defending it. "Good natured" = "grossly demeaning" in this instance. But it is shocking that several others - yourself included - seem to find this amusing, given the subject under discussion.

There is little doubt that there are these pricks who think getting free stuff from the charitable is cute or smart.

You know what though? If it makes up a reasonably small % of what's given out to help people who really need it then let the ****ers have it.

The cost of putting the microscope on everyone because of these filth is too high for the dignity of people who are suffering enough as it is.

What would you define as 'reasonably small' Chuck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kernel wrote: »
    I dont understand what going down and looking is going to do. How can you judge a persons situation just by looking at them?

Good judgement? Common sense? Asking a few questions? Ask them if they work, are they on the dole etc. how many do they provide for and how much money they receive, you'll be surprised. You'll be giving a christmas hamper to the pakistani lad who works in the garage or newsagents instead mate. ;) Or the poor pensioner. Or the starving black babies in Africa. Or India. Or a country where real poverty doesn't consist of not being able to afford the latest Nike Air Max and a slab of tinnies for Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Monday nights. haha! :D[/Quote{
    Haha indeed. lol at people who believe Joe Duffy tripe.
    If people did it, instead of talking nonsense through their keyboards, we would have a better discussion tbh. Other people offering opinions and questioning my judgement when they haven't ever laid eyes on the place, and know nothing of my experience.... typical boards tbh.
    Well then stop posting here? Better for all concerned.
    Btw, claiming there's a huge difference between this place and a soup kitchen on the southside as if they're two different continents... Lol.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Oh ffs it was a bit of good-natured wordplay. There is a type of monkey called a capuchin. Not once did he even vaguely appear to be having a go at the organisation and the work it does.

That post is as nasty as it gets. No defending it. "Good natured" = "grossly demeaning" in this instance. But it is shocking that several others - yourself included - seem to find this amusing, given the subject under discussion.
    Nothing remotely nasty about it - it's merely how you choose to read it... while constantly posting nasty stuff yourself and trolling and getting banned. Seriously dumb to read an obvious light-hearted quip as nasty - it was also written by someone far far more charitable than you. Lol at you getting righteous over a tiny comment too while simultaneously showering a blizzard of judgment based on a notion in your head.
    Hate-filled Christian - it's a joke. ;) all you do is look for badness in people and preach about how good you are - hypocrite. Your aim in life is cynicism, not goodness etc despite what you claim to represent.
    Not once will you attempt to defend the above either - cus ya can't. Instead you'll make some lame jibe with a few smilies. The lord would find you laughable.

mod: poster banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

... ... Can't we all just get along?:confused:

• Advertisement

... ... Can't we all just get along?:confused:
    Maybe when preachy hypocrites stfu?

Please stop referring to me as D as if we're buddies. And lol at anyone who believes all Roma earn 1800 a week. How Christian...

Ah you never fail D.:) So now that evidence is produced - as you demanded - it's only "some"?:rolleyes:
    Yes it is only fuhking some. Not all, much as you long for it to be the case. Never said there aren't scammers and hypocrites. There are, unfortunately. I don't get turned on as you do though by assuming every second person is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I didnt read the whole thread, just the first couple of pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

How about we put some festive cheer to this, did anyone spot Bertie Ahern in this queue yesterday? He seems the type of tight basterd who would take advantage of charitable situations.

Runs away to hide...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What would you define as 'reasonably small' Chuck?

8.52437 %.

• Advertisement

Nothing remotely nasty about it - it's merely how you choose to read it... while constantly posting nasty stuff yourself and trolling and getting banned.

And this has to do with what, precisely, in this discussion?
    Seriously dumb to read an obvious light-hearted quip as nasty - it was also written by someone far far more charitable than you. Lol at you getting righteous over a tiny comment too while simultaneously showering a blizzard of judgment based on a notion in your head.

Wow! So you call me seriously dumb for disagreeing with yours - and others - belittling of the topic at hand by these pathetic attempts at "humour"?
    Hate-filled Christian - it's a joke. ;) all you do is look for badness in people and preach about how good you are - hypocrite. Your aim in life is cynicism, not goodness etc despite what you claim to represent. Not once will you attempt to defend the above either - cus ya can't. Instead you'll make some lame jibe with a few smilies. The lord would find you laughable.

And again - wow! Simply because someone dares to attempt with your ongoing opinions on this site?

Yes, I've been banned, but for a lot less than the bile posted above. Mods - over to you.

Nothing remotely nasty about it - it's merely how you choose to read it... while constantly posting nasty stuff yourself and trolling and getting banned.

And this has to do with what, precisely, in this discussion?
    the irony of you calling a mild joke nasty would be it.
    Hate-filled Christian - it's a joke. ;) all you do is look for badness in people and preach about how good you are - hypocrite. Your aim in life is cynicism, not goodness etc despite what you claim to represent. Not once will you attempt to defend the above either - cus ya can't. Instead you'll make some lame jibe with a few smilies. The lord would find you laughable.

And again - wow! Simply because someone dares to attempt with your ongoing opinions on this site?[/Quote]
    Oh yawn. That gem again. Plenty of people disagree with me and I get on just fine with them - maybe it's you, not me?
    All I've said is based on what YOU say, how YOU behave. Your dislike and suspicion towards anyone who doesn't fit an ideal you hold, not simply because I disagree with you. If you could back up even a fraction of what you say, it would be a different story.
    And that's not to mention the way you non stop harass people and use ad hominems and strawmen. And refuse to answer questions you can't answer so instead you resort to ridiculing those questioning you.

Your dislike and suspicion towards anyone who doesn't fit an ideal you hold,

I'd read that one again D. And consider it.

And as for worn-out arguments. Ad hominem, strawman. Need I even say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

dixiefly wrote: »
    Even considering that this is After Hours the above is a disgraceful comment. I sometimes work nearby and the Capuchins provide a much needed service all year. This is now highlighted because its Christmas but they will be taking care of the homeless & needy in January just like they did last January and using this thread to have a swipe at the persons organising the service is pathetic. In fact as far as I am aware those serving are civilians.

Lets hope life stays nice and good for you and you dont have to lower yourself to be served by a "monkey" as you say.

How many hats do you lose by the jokes knocking them off your head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Even considering that this is After Hours the above is a disgraceful comment. I sometimes work nearby and the Capuchins provide a much needed service all year. This is now highlighted because its Christmas but they will be taking care of the homeless & needy in January just like they did last January and using this thread to have a swipe at the persons organising the service is pathetic. In fact as far as I am aware those serving are civilians.

Lets hope life stays nice and good for you and you dont have to lower yourself to be served by a "monkey" as you say.

As above, I think you're missing the joke. A joke which even the good brothers would find amusing I'd say.

I lived near a Capuchin church in England for a time and their kind of charity and selflessness was remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

As above, I think you're missing the joke. A joke which even the good brothers would find amusing I'd say.

I lived near a Capuchin church in England for a time and their kind of charity and selflessness was remarkable.

Maybe I am and I apologise if that's the case.....I just thought it was a low swipe at some religous that are actually doing some good.

So sorry Sensibleken & have a good Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Maybe I am and I apologise if that's the case.....I just thought it was a low swipe at some religous that are actually doing some good.

So sorry Sensibleken & have a good Christmas.

and a merry christmas to you too good sir.

and to all the begrudgers here, i hope santy brings you all a lump of coal...and its on fire, then your house burns down and you have to go to get a handout from these fine people.

God damn alcoholic monkeys coming over here taking our jobs and women and getting free food and waistcoats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

God damn alcoholic monkeys coming over here taking our jobs and women and getting free food and waistcoats.

Capuchin monkeys are the thin end of the wedge, it's their cousins, those damn dirty apes, that worry me.

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Capuchin monkeys are the thin end of the wedge, it's their cousins, those damn dirty apes, that worry me.

Faeces flinging feckers are not to be trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

The Capuchins are great. They are one of the few catholic churches/organisations in Ireland that want to help and are taking action to reach out and help people in need! I know the catholic church collect money for charity but anyone can do that! you or me can do that. It raising money and the most important thing is being there for others; actively helping and supporting people who are in need!

The Capuchins are great. They are one of the few catholic churches/organisations in Ireland that want to help and are taking action to reach out and help people in need! I know the catholic church collect money for charity but anyone can do that! you or me can do that. It raising money and the most important thing is being there for others; actively helping and supporting people who are in need!
    +1 to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

Their doing alot for people. Where would those people be without them

Advertisement