Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

from the first album, likely tracks would be:
    Over the Ice
    Everyday
    Sun and Ice
    The Little Heart Beats So Fast
    A Paw in My Face

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Anyone that was there last year do you know if they show any of the GAA matches on a Sunday on a small screen there somehwere? Forgot that the Dublin match is on Sunday at around 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Tree Scape

Gerlad wrote: »
    Anyone that was there last year do you know if they show any of the GAA matches on a Sunday on a small screen there somehwere? Forgot that the Dublin match is on Sunday at around 4.
    Nip out to the pub, Murrays is just outside main gate.
    Hilton in Kilmainham

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I doubt they do - didn't see anything they could have used for that at last year's festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

The Field's playlist for FF will most likely look something like this (not in this order)

It's Up There
    I have the moon
    Looping State of Mind
    Over the Ice
    Everyday
    The Little Heart Beats So Fast
    Sun & Ice
    A Paw in My Face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Its getting close now,hopefully the weather stays on our side!! I had a few bulmers berry at the weekend and quite enjoyed them,I presume it will be on sale at this

Thanks Zarkandar - just what I was looking for...

Where'd you get the info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Here's the weather forecast for this weekend from met.ie:

"Friday and next weekend will be mostly dry with sunny spells. Winds will be light and mainly northerly in direction. Temperatures will range from the mid teens in the north to the low twenties in the southwest."
    Well 12 then, hardly outrageous especially on a saturday night, or move it to Phoenix Park were there are no residents apart from deers and our dear president.

There are residents just outside Phoenix Park. I'd say the curfew for Phoenix Park events is also around 11pm.

There's also The Patriots Inn just outside the back entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Was there not an issue last year on the Saturday with security not letting people in and out of the festival if they were only there on a day pass.
    Maybe I was dreaming that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Gerlad wrote: »

Would cost them too much, you have to pay to display matches etc to the public, its not free like many seem to assume.

• Advertisement

Was there not an issue last year on the Saturday with security not letting people in and out of the festival if they were only there on a day pass.
    Maybe I was dreaming that.
    i think you're right. day ticket holders had their tickets scanned and weren't allowed re-entry if they left. people with weekend passes got a wristband, and could come and go as far as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Would cost them too much, you have to pay to display matches etc to the public, its not free like many seem to assume.

You need a TV licence for starters. If the EP is anything to go by, the promoter has no interest in showing sports events at a live music event.

What beers are available at this, hopes its just not Bulmers , can't stand that sickly sweet chemical taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

They only had Becks, Bulmers and Wine last year. And the beer ran out on the first day! doubt that will happen again though.

They only had Becks, Bulmers and Wine last year. And the beer ran out on the first day! doubt that will happen again though.

Good grief! Will have to be wine so, pity we can't bring in a few nice ales .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What's the craic with searches heading in? Purely for a friend who is thinking about possibly bringing a nagan...

fairly thorough on me last year both days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

QQ folks, Can you buy tickets on the day? Will be complete ****e if they only sell becks, wine and bulmers.

Did some listening last night and some of the tracks on that list from "From Here We Go Sublime" are class - more upbeat than the newer album as well.

Getting impatient waiting for Saturday to come round...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

flushje wrote: »
    QQ folks, Can you buy tickets on the day? Will be complete ****e if they only sell becks, wine and bulmers.

Why would they sell anything else since the festival is sponsored by Bulmers

• Advertisement

Why would they sell anything else since the festival is sponsored by Bulmers

They sell wine and Becks, dont they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

flushje wrote: »
    They sell wine and Becks, dont they?

Distributed by Bulmers in Ireland as far as I know.

Most festivals have a single supplier with a limited range. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

fairly thorough on me last year both days anyway.

Yeah it was pretty good search, I got caught with naggin going in last year. Although I may just try and hide it better this time.

Yep, crouching tiger hidden naggin all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

Thanks Zarkandar - just what I was looking for...

Where'd you get the info from?

Composite list from last few setlists posted on www.setlist.fm (great site if you're trying to find out what'll be played live by bands)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 debris

How strict is the searching? Like, will a naggin strapped to my inner thigh be found? And can I bring bottled water (for reals!)?

Oh and for anyone wanting to nip out to watch the match- there's a strict "no re-entry" policy. Maybe just use a smartphone?

Is it possible to watch this and not wish it was Saturday already (with the same weather as in the video, naturally...)?

Am off to Forbidden Fruit for all 3 days this weekend and despite really looking forward to lots of different acts there's really only one clash of note for me (which is a major result)

The clash is New Order (all time legends) vs Modeselektor (I like some tunes a lot and the youtube vids of their live show look great)

I'm fairly sure New Order will be a shadow of their former glories (perhaps verging on karaoke queen territory...) but 50% of the set is guaranteed gold just because the tunes are so epic.

As someone who is a big New Order fan, am I mad to be considering Modeselektor instead?

Very interested to hear views of people who've seen Modeselektor (particularly in a festival environment)

As things stand I'm thinking of starting off @ Modeselektor and then unless I'm totally entranced by their godlike brilliance, I'll head to New Order around 10 to 10.15 which should mean I get Blue Monday / True Faith / Bizarre Love Triangle / Love Will Tear Us Apart

discuss...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Am off to Forbidden Fruit for all 3 days this weekend and despite really looking forward to lots of different acts there's really only one clash of note for me (which is a major result)

The clash is New Order (all time legends) vs Modeselektor (I like some tunes a lot and the youtube vids of their live show look great)

I'm fairly sure New Order will be a shadow of their former glories (perhaps verging on karaoke queen territory...) but 50% of the set is guaranteed gold just because the tunes are so epic.

As someone who is a big New Order fan, am I mad to be considering Modeselektor instead?

Very interested to hear views of people who've seen Modeselektor (particularly in a festival environment)

As things stand I'm thinking of starting off @ Modeselektor and then unless I'm totally entranced by their godlike brilliance, I'll head to New Order around 10 to 10.15 which should mean I get Blue Monday / True Faith / Bizarre Love Triangle / Love Will Tear Us Apart

discuss...
    Google the review if their recent show in the Manchester Apollo,I'm not sure this tour is karaoke territory, thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Trek1000

debris wrote: »
    How strict is the searching? Like, will a naggin strapped to my inner thigh be found? And can I bring bottled water (for reals!)?

Oh and for anyone wanting to nip out to watch the match- there's a strict "no re-entry" policy. Maybe just use a smartphone?

What match is this???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement