Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,530 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pace2008 wrote: »
    In a good or a bad way?

In a good way believe it or not! Who would've thought?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Overall the Forbidden Fruit have done a pretty good job on the lineup. By far the best lineup of any festival in Ireland this year. All we need now is a bar with plenty of drink and no cues:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Overall the Forbidden Fruit have done a pretty good job on the lineup. By far the best lineup of any festival in Ireland this year. All we need now is a bar with plenty of drink and no cues:D:D:D
    I reckon they've organised the festival so as not to have the same bar issues as last year- Saturday is the 'Dance' night so people will only be drinking water! Sunday is the beer night so they'll be still well stocked then Monday is the 'chilled out' night so people won't be drinking much...genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I reckon they've organised the festival so as not to have the same bar issues as last year- Saturday is the 'Dance' night so people will only be drinking water! Sunday is the beer night so they'll be still well stocked then Monday is the 'chilled out' night so people won't be drinking much...genius.
    last year a cooling system for the taps broke in the main bar. it could just as easily happen on the sunday night this year. it had nothing to do with stock. if everything works as it's supposed to this year, stock won't be a problem.
    besides, 95% of people won't be touching 'other stuff' on the Saturday, and i'm sure people that are will still have a few drinks, so i don't think it would make any difference....
    you're definitely right though about Saturday being the dance night, and Monday being the chillout night though.

presume the Monday isn't selling very well, lots of radio ads at the moment just for that day.
    they could realy do with announcing more acts for that day, only 13 so far, and according to the press release, there'll be 5 stages, so 4 music ones and a comedy one it would seem....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Is it meant to be very hot that day??????;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah, if it was 1992 maybe. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

presume the Monday isn't selling very well, lots of radio ads at the moment just for that day.
    they could realy do with announcing more acts for that day

No one wants to go to work on Tuesday with 3 days of festival on them. I'd have thought they'd be better getting a permit to go late on the Friday and maybe start at 6pm and go with a half days worth of acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Read the Daily Mail much?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

thunderdog wrote: »
    Is it meant to be very hot that day??????;)

Nah, they're probably making the point that people are more likely to consume stimulants, therefore increasing the desire to consume water as apposed to alcohol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Lemsiper wrote: »
    Nah, they're probably making the point that people are more likely to consume stimulants, therefore increasing the desire to consume water as apposed to alcohol.

Like a cappucino?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

The Nal wrote: »
    It sounds like someone pouring boiling water over an Atari 2600.

actress album bored the arse off me. nearly as boring as the field. i thought you didn't like it either so I'm afraid I'll have to remove my thanks to your post :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Lemsiper wrote: »

Nonsense. People who take stimulants at festivals like Forbidden Fruit drink alcohol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Doinker wrote: »
    Read the Daily Mail much?
    Nope, guess i need to improve my use of smilies to highlight i'm not being serious...at all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Nonsense. People who take stimulants at festivals like Forbidden Fruit drink alcohol too.

Ah ya, you're correct. Dunno what I was thinking when i typed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

can't believe it is on Monday.. i mean most people go back to work on Tuesday??

sporina wrote: »
    i'd say the bars won't be too busy on the Monday!
    was considering booking the Tuesday off work but I don't think I'll be going too mad on the Monday with the current lineup...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

sporina wrote: »

It's simple: more acts would be available or free on the Monday than the preceding Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Went to this last year on the Sunday and all my must-sees like Caribou, Aphex Twin etc. were on the main stage.

The depth of this year's bill has me both very excited and somewhat worried than some of the acts I most want to see will clash - I think there's very little chance they'll all be on the main stage this year...

It'll be a few weeks yet before the promoters put me out of misery on this front - but as I eagerly anticipate the bank holiday weekend, the masochist in me can't help but consider the nightmare clashes that could happen...

My nightmare clashes:

Saturday: The Field / Actress / Holy ****
    Sunday: New Order / Modeselektor / Atlas Sound
    Monday: Wilco / Field Music

Any thoughts/comments on...
    - likely stage plans/arrangements at the festival?
    - my nightmare clashes?
    - your own nightmare clashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

New acts have been announced:

Saturday

Sh1t Robot
    Horse Meat Disco
    Stay+

Sunday

Little Green Cars
    Trinity Orchestra
    Com Truise

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/05/16/more-names-for-forbidden-fruit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So, pound for pound anybody with half a musical brain can see this is the worst EP line-up ever. Really glad I didn't make the mistake of buying tickets early. I wouldn't be confident of any musical gems been added now, so for the first time since it started, I think I'll be giving EP a miss.

JJ wrote: »
    New acts have been announced:

Saturday

Sh1t Robot
    Horse Meat Disco
    Stay+

Sunday

Little Green Cars
    Trinity Orchestra
    Com Truise

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/05/16/more-names-for-forbidden-fruit
    very happy with those :D

thought they'd be announcing some Monday names though, only 13 acts for 4 stages so far, and 3 weeks away...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

nocoverart wrote: »
    So, pound for pound anybody with half a musical brain can see this is the worst EP line-up ever. Really glad I didn't make the mistake of buying tickets early. I wouldn't be confident of any musical gems been added now, so for the first time since it started, I think I'll be giving EP a miss.
    This is the forbidden fruit thread....

Any thoughts/comments on...
    - likely stage plans/arrangements at the festival?
    - my nightmare clashes?
    - your own nightmare clashes?

I can't really tell at this point if there's going to be any clashes for me or not. There are a lot of acts I'd like to see on Sunday and I imagine there might be a clash or two there. I hope there are no clashes for me with Grimes but I'll go see Grimes over anyone else on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

This is the forbidden fruit thread....

How fitting that Eggonyerface should point this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

HaHa! sorry, I clicked on the wrong email. I'm going to this on the Sunday. Happy with this line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Cant but the ticket till I get paid next week,,is it likely to sell out..Sunday obviously being the key day.

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Cant but the ticket till I get paid next week,,is it likely to sell out..Sunday obviously being the key day.

I reckon you should be OK.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jim_Kiy wrote: »

You'll be grand. I don't think it'll sell out on any day unless it sells out on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Foolish words indeed, you do realise that its only May, we still have the rest of May, June, July and most of August theres gonna be at least 3 or 4 more announcements for Electric Picnic, space for two more names in the top billing and a whole rake more names. Anyway enough sorry for going off topic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement