Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

So Saturday now has Sh1t Robot and Holy Fcuk on the bill.

Any chance they'll go for a triumvirate of acts that Boards can't let me spell correctly in my posts without having to censor them?

Go on, add Fcuk Buttons - please!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

are these real? :confused:

there's 1 stage missing and only 2 stages of music on the Monday, which is pretty sh1t for anyone who bought 2day-tickets with Monday as one of them, or 1day tickets for Monday expecting similar to the other 2 days...

typo on the times for Liars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

Mr.S wrote: »
    Where's this sourced from? Can't see it anywhere on the FF site/twitter.

If it is true, I'm not liking it. :(

I got it from here: https://twitter.com/#!/dionsis but it's been picked up by the other music sites now (State magazine, entertainment.ie etc). I don't know what the story is with the stages and all that :S

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I think it's bogus, that ugly TIMETABLES text on the top is the first giveaway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

It looks real albeit the Liars schedule typo, bit of a shame that the Monday has one less stage of music. I'll probably go on the Monday, maybe Sunday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The Field on at 16:30, way too early I feel. Anyway, should be a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

The only clash for me is Leftfield and Bloody beetroots. Otherwise its a fairly full day of music. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

If this timetable is correct, I'm very happy that the first act I want to see on Saturday isn't on until 3.45. I can't make there until after 3 on Saturday and most of the acts I wanted to see are at the lower end of the lineup.

There's a bit of a clash with Bear in Heaven & MMOTHS. I suppose if I'm not enjoying Bear in Heaven, I'll leave early and get there in time for MMOTHS to start. I'm also a little dissapointed Grimes and Kool Thing are clashing and RSAG finishes just as Grimes is starting. I'm thinking I might skip RSAG to get to the Undergrowth Stage early, especially if it's jammers for Grimes.

Just noticed that the FF people confirmed the timetable is official on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/ForbiddenFFest/status/203190601276071937/photo/1

• Advertisement

Aside from the Modeselektor / New Order clash, all good for me really across the 3 days.

4.30 on the main stage on Saturday not ideal for The Field but I still expect it to be great

they said on twitter too that there'll be another stage there on the day. presumably it's the same one as last year at the bottom of the hill.
    bit sh1tty for the people who bought Monday tickets expecting 5 stages though. surely they could have got a few Irish acts on the Lighthouse Stage at least...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=381411898572408&set=a.181773508536249.37150.156564297723837&type=1
    Ok folks, here is the Forbidden Fruit Festival timetable! Highlighters at the ready. Few have asked already about the 5th stage, it's called The Orchard and details of which will be released next week. We will also announce the Arts line up for Monday 4th in the coming days. Share?

They also confirmed that the times for The Rapture is a misprint, they're playing for an hour until 6.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

I must admit that I'm pretty pissed off at the fact that they just didn't bother to get together a lineup for the lighthouse stage for Monday.

A good few people seem to be annoyed that Modeselektor and New Order are clashing but I don't mind since I'll be rocking out to The Cast of Cheers.

Also seems a bit strange that Grimes and Death in Vegas are on earlier than Purity Ring when Death in Vegas have beeen around for a while now and Grimes has 3 albums of her own and 1 "duet" album while Purity Ring haven't released their 1st album yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Really looking forward to Grimes, DIV and especially New Order, will miss Hooky but love their retooled version of 586.

some good DJs on between acts too. dunno if there's any on monday...

v2UIH.jpg

fAZoh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just wondering has heard back about volunteering? i got an email back from the organizers today and their letting me know in a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Lot of ads around for this gig. How's it selling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Does anybody know how the two day tickets work, is it a two day wristband?

I bought a sunday monday ticket and just found out that I can only go on the monday now, could I give my friend the ticket and then he go sunday and I go monday, would that work?

chopser wrote: »
    Does anybody know how the two day tickets work, is it a two day wristband?

I bought a sunday monday ticket and just found out that I can only go on the monday now, could I give my friend the ticket and then he go sunday and I go monday, would that work?

Virtually everything is wristband nowadays, especially 1 day plus events, wasn't there last year so don't definitely know, though. Bit surprised at the really early finish times, 12 or 1 would be much more desirable (like Electric Picnic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Virtually everything is wristband nowadays, especially 1 day plus events, wasn't there last year so don't definitely know, though. Bit surprised at the really early finish times, 12 or 1 would be much more desirable (like Electric Picnic).

It has to be over before 11pm due to the fact that it's a residential area.

Last year, day tickets were just scanned, 2 day tickets were given a wristband IIRC.

LeftBlank wrote: »
    It has to be over before 11pm due to the fact that it's a residential area.

Last year, day tickets were just scanned, 2 day tickets were given a wristband IIRC.

Well 12 then, hardly outrageous especially on a saturday night, or move it to Phoenix Park were there are no residents apart from deers and our dear president.

One of my favourite albums recently is Looping State of Mind by The Field.

Really looking forward to going to see them next weekend @ Forbidden Fruit, and would love to get familiar with a couple of older tracks that they would be likely to play in their set before then.

Anyone got recommendations for 2 or 3 older tunes I should go download?

I've got info off the web for many other acts playing the festival, struggling with The Field tho...

Totally agree with you, The Field are fantastic. I saw them live in Cyprus Avenue a few months ago and was blown away.

All his albums are good, of the older stuff you should have a listen to 'Sequenced' on the album Yesterday And Today. Also check out the title track (4) with again some great drums featuring.

Also, the album 'From here we Go Sublime' has many gems too, including the catchy 'A Paw In my Face' which has one of the most clever samples I've ever heard..if you don't recognise it during the track all will be revealed in the last 10 seconds.

From the 'Sublime..' album there is 'The little heart beats so Fast', the more chilled Mobilia (does he sample 'Streets of Philadelphia on this one, anyone?) and the trippy 'Everyday'.

Listen, I can't really pick just a few tracks, get the albums, you'll love them.
    And who knows what sort of stuff he'll play on Saturday but I can't wait

I'm also presuming he's doing a full band set, him, drummer and bass, can anyone verify this?
    ...just bear in mind he's on early, 16:30 I believe.

There are plenty of his stuff on youtube, search using his name too - Axel Willner
    Good starting point here

Thanks for the info - my problem is need to listen to stuff from several other acts in next week before the festival and getting familiar with both the older albums will be tricky... would be ideal tho.

I assume it's the full band alright - and I will be there well in advance of 4.30 - potentially one of the high points of the weekend so no way I'm missing it...

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble -> The Field -> Holy **** -> Booka Shade -> Actress -> Leftfield

Quite a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wattlendaub

I'm confused. New Order are on at 9.15 on Sunday. Is that 9am or pm?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'm confused. New Order are on at 9.15 on Sunday. Is that 9am or pm?!

PM. Gates open at 2pm each day and close at 1045pm.

• Advertisement

yeah me too, I have to catch up on stuff from Holy Fu*k and many others! Weather should be good too, can't wait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement