Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Ive since deleted my post. People will start to think we're talking to ourselves!

Yeah sorry about that, anyway I just honestly can't understand how (unless people are working for these big breweries) that they think having no drinks choice is ok, at the EP I mentioned people were saying have you tried that cider from the stall its great no one said did you have some Heineken its great!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Wonder if thats 3 proper bars or if its just the corebar doing pints and bottles in the other? Id imagine theyll be all out to avoid any q's after the disaster last year so hopefully will be pints in all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

What is the blue Vault tent over by the comedy tent -- a Playstation play area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

So who are people planning to see? This is what I'm thinking

Saturday
    toby kaar, holy ****, booka shade, leftfield

Sunday
    grimes, austra, the rapture, death cab for cutie, new order

Monday
    andrew bird, real estate, james mcmorrow, wilco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

as i said in the part of my reply which you editted out, only the ones with odd or different situations to normal festivals.
    Castlepalooza is different to almost every other festival in Ireland regarding alcohol, hence why it's brought up in that thread.

at FF the choice is extremely limited. i can't think of any mainstream festival which doesn't serve a spirit of some sort at the bar.

I didn't edit your reply, I quoted you. I don't think it's any more limited than any other festival in Ireland. The majority do not serve spirits at the main bars. EP does when it has sponsors (southern comfort).
    none of the rest really have any significant discussion of alcohol other than someone asking what choices are available. this is entirely understandable seeing as alcohol is a major component of most music festivals in the western world.

A bar service is a component of every festival in the western world but not the obsession the Irish have with it.
    as for your "all of them do" comment; no they don't.
    i've just scanned the Indiependence thread. please, feel free to point out in the 9 pages where there's a discussion about alcohol:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056543883
    The exception proves the rule. It's standard fare for a boards thread on festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

Hopefully...

Saturday
    Bear In Heaven, The Field/Toby Kaar, Holy F*ck, Friendly Fires

Sunday
    Lower Dens, Grimes, The Rapture, Purity Ring, New Order

Monday
    Chairlift, Liars, Beirut, Wilco/Chromatics

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Disappointed Real Estate and Beirut are on the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Sunday

This with some Death in Vegas thrown in also.

BrianD wrote: »
    I didn't edit your reply, I quoted you.
    you edited out the previous sentence when you quoted me. or selectively quoted me if you want to phrase it that way.
    perhaps you should go back and read it again if you believe different, as you're clearly wrong.
    I don't think it's any more limited than any other festival in Ireland. The majority do not serve spirits at the main bars. EP does when it has sponsors (southern comfort).
    well then you mustn't go to many festivals. i've been to about 10 different festivals in Ireland and they've all served spirits at at least one of the bars, sometimes all bars.
    A bar service is a component of every festival in the western world but not the obsession the Irish have with it.
    i've been to festivals in other countries and they've been just as eager to drink as any Irish festival. British ones being an obvious example.
    The exception proves the rule. It's standard fare for a boards thread on festivals.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Saturday
    toby kaar, holy ****, booka shade, leftfield

Sunday

Monday
    andrew bird, real estate, james mcmorrow, wilco

Sat:
    **** Robot, REID, Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Mmoths, The Field, Toby Kaar, Friendy Fires, Actress, Leftfield.

Sun:
    Lower dens, Grimes, Austra, The Rapture, Death In Vegas, DCFC, Modeselektor

Mon:
    Liars, Real Estate, JVMM, Chromatics

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Sat: Wander round the tents early doors / end of HBE / *The Field* / Holy Fook / Booka Shade / *Actress* / Leftfield

Sun: Orchestra / *Grimes* / *Atlas Sound* / Rapture / Death Cab / New Order

Mon: *Field Music* / Andrew Bird / Beirut / *Wilco*

* = Really looking forward to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its only the Saturday for me:

Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, Mmoths, Le Galaxie The Field, Friendy Fires, Booka Shade (bit) , Leftfield.

Hopefully we get some good weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'm going with:

Saturday: Bear in Heaven / Toby Kaar / Le Galaxie / (maybe some comedy) / Leftfield

Sunday: Trinity Orchestra / Grimes / Austra / Death in Vegas / Purity Ring / Com Truise / The Cast of Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

anyone have a link to print out timetable.............printing out blank sheets from site:confused:

bazwin wrote: »
    anyone have a link to print out timetable.............printing out blank sheets from site:confused:
    http://i.imgur.com/qPmBD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Right, off to bed to get a good night's sleep prior to the start of a summer of festival fun...

Haven't listened to much other than forbidden fruit stuff in weeks so for a change the bedtime soundtrack is jon talabot - only 3 weeks to body and soul!

See yese in Kilmainham tomorrow - have a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Serious question. I can buy in on the day, ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

Keep an eye to the weather folks..looks like it could be wet today ...clearing off for tomorrow afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Leftfield finished their sound check about 20minutes ago.....sounds good from my balcony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Got an answer to why there's a no re-entry policy (and why they don't give out wrist-bands):

''The reason for no wrist bands is because we had lots of issues with tampering of wristbands and in consultation with Ticketmaster it was decided that the best way around this was not to issue wristbands and scan tickets for entry.''

Eod100 wrote: »
    Got an answer to why there's a no re-entry policy (and why they don't give out wrist-bands):

''The reason for no wrist bands is because we had lots of issues with tampering of wristbands and in consultation with Ticketmaster it was decided that the best way around this was not to issue wristbands and scan tickets for entry.''

Hope they don't bring that in for the EP seeing as they run both, always head down to a local pub for All Irelands when I'm there and for breakfasts/dinners sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Eod100 wrote: »

Hope they don't bring that in for the EP seeing as they run both, always head down to a local pub for All Irelands when I'm there and for breakfasts/dinners sometimes :(

Nah, people will need to go out to the carparks, unless they expect people to carry everything in one trip.
    Plus youll need to use wristbands for going
    from the campsites to arena

ceegee wrote: »
    Nah, people will need to go out to the carparks, unless they expect people to carry everything in one trip.
    Plus youll need to use wristbands for going
    from the campsites to arena

True, forgot about the external car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The weather aint looking great for this, its bucketing down in Cork atm, so cant imagine what its like in Dublin. Im glad I had my festival last week in the sun, Life was a cracker I burnt rotten by the sun.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The weather aint looking great for this, its bucketing down in Cork atm, so cant imagine what its like in Dublin. Im glad I had my festival last week in the sun, Life was a cracker I burnt rotten by the sun.

Its overcast and actually a tiny bit nippy all day, no rain though but still not great weather to really enjoy an outdoor festival, am heading tomorrow so hoping for a bit of sunshine, forecast is the same as today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Been raining pretty consistent where I am for the past hour. Are people crackin out the wellies for tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

Are they strict on bringing in booze in plastic bottles...can afford to buy a few pints in there but not for the whole day...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement