Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lain

hey i started my process 25 jan and got LOI 18 of april. Apply now and all going well with your forms youll have your visa for august. From what i understand you said they told ya to wait till july to apply, visas will be gone and you'll have to wait till next nov/dec to start. get it over and done with now and enjoy the build up of going! any questions ask us we have gone through it or are going through it, we are willing to help!

Thank you for replying so soon! :)

Well i was advised to apply in July because thats when more visas are opening, and that the other ones are closed for now or sometime soon? i think i was told to wait til July because i think they said it will take about a month for them to help me with the forms and plus i will be a few wks waiting on my passport as well as i have to renew it so by the time i send all my forms it would be well into June i suppose........im really confused as the guy didnt really explain much to me! he told me that i have to have aprox 3,000 pounds in my account for around the time i am applying, so thats around 3,600 euro.....even though i thought i had to have proof of less than that amount just a few weeks before i go? because i dont think i will have that amount for another good few months!

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

lain wrote: »

Well i was advised to apply in July because thats when more visas are opening, and that the other ones are closed for now or sometime soon? i think i was told to wait til July because i think they said it will take about a month for them to help me with the forms and plus i will be a few wks waiting on my passport as well as i have to renew it so by the time i send all my forms it would be well into June i suppose........im really confused as the guy didnt really explain much to me! he told me that i have to have aprox 3,000 pounds in my account for around the time i am applying, so thats around 3,600 euro.....even though i thought i had to have proof of less than that amount just a few weeks before i go? because i dont think i will have that amount for another good few months!

thank you!

Honestly, you don't need these companies to do this for you. It's easy. And they've made it even easier this year. There's a simple checklist of 8 or 9 document/forms you need, and a guide on how to fill them in, all on the Canadian immigration website. It will just a couple of hours, why he is telling you a month I have no idea. You can easily put them together yourself and send them off. Then you won't have to book your flights with them, and they won't charge you a few hundred euros to tell you which forms to fill in.

But the visas are about to sell out. I don't know if there will be more available in July or not, but I don't remember a second batch ever being made available in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

thank you!
    if your going through the IEC programme there wont be anymore visa there is no second batch of them. 5000 and when there out they are gone till next year. the forms you need are on the website heres the link:
    if your applying from IRELAND use these ones: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

If your applying from UK use these ones:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

follow the step by step application guide, it gives you everything you'll need to send and the order which your application has to go in.

About the money: what you need is a MINIMUM of 2500 canadian dollars in your account, your statement is to be dated NO MORE than a week before you fly!!

I hope this helps ya a little bit and just ask if you get stuck but you would want to hurry Ireland has 461 visa left and UK only 518 however that does go up and down on a daily bases.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yashio

I just sent my application in yesterday reg post!and only around400 places left do you guys think im screwed?too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

yashio wrote: »
    I just sent my application in yesterday reg post!and only around400 places left do you guys think im screwed?too late?

Hopefully not. I only sent mine today!!

• Advertisement

God i hope took forever to get all paper work sorted!any one have idea if its too late

God i hope took forever to get all paper work sorted!any one have idea if its too late
    to be honest like everything with the IEC its up in the air, the visas are dropping then increasing on a daily bases, if your forms are right you could be in luck there really is no way of telling, just wait for the emails!

to be honest like everything with the IEC its up in the air, the visas are dropping then increasing on a daily bases, if your forms are right you could be in luck there really is no way of telling, just wait for the emails!
    Alri thanks:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lain

if your going through the IEC programme there wont be anymore visa there is no second batch of them. 5000 and when there out they are gone till next year. the forms you need are on the website heres the link:
    if your applying from IRELAND use these ones: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

If your applying from UK use these ones:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

follow the step by step application guide, it gives you everything you'll need to send and the order which your application has to go in.

About the money: what you need is a MINIMUM of 2500 canadian dollars in your account, your statement is to be dated NO MORE than a week before you fly!!

I hope this helps ya a little bit and just ask if you get stuck but you would want to hurry Ireland has 461 visa left and UK only 518 however that does go up and down on a daily bases.
    Best of luck.

thank you for all that info!

I wish i didnt go through CityVisa now but because i started it already dont think i can cancel it with them and would lose the money anyways :(

Ya im not sure what they were on about, i got the impression that there was a second batch of visas coming out, i think il just email asking them this to make sure, i kinda just panicked and started it with them and thought i was in good time as my boyfriend started his months ago with them but only got a little bit sorted and has to finish the rest now so i was goin by what he was told, i dunno maybe we are way to late for wanting to leave in August.

by the way what part of Canada are you planning on going too? :)

thanks again everybody for the replys!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

oh thats briliant new, i was waiting 14 days when i got my LOI after that email. so hopefully 2 weeks you'll be all done with this :-)

Yay, that's great news, can't wait to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

tenhours wrote: »
    I was so happy that it wasn't a rejection! If this has taught me anything it's that I'm dying to go!

My timeline at the moment is :
    28th February sent everything registered post
    22nd March got Confirmation of Receipt
    20th April, request for payment, paid the next day, stupidly sent the wrong form but they got back to me the next day asking for the right one....

And today, the 3rd May, got an email saying I've been passed on to the "Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation."

Does this mean this long and nerve wracking process is almost over?? They say as well that the LOI could take 6 weeks, I don't think I can handle much more of this!!

Congrats!!!

I paid on the 26th of April so going by your timeline I should get en email on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Congrats!!!

I paid on the 26th of April so going by your timeline I should get en email on tuesday.

Hopefully you're not far off! My boyfriend applied the exact same time as me but seems to be a day or two behind, I think it could be an alphabetical thing, G vs. M!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Myself and my Girlfriend came to the same conclusion when hers got processed before mine.

thank you for all that info!

I wish i didnt go through CityVisa now but because i started it already dont think i can cancel it with them and would lose the money anyways :(

Ya im not sure what they were on about, i got the impression that there was a second batch of visas coming out, i think il just email asking them this to make sure, i kinda just panicked and started it with them and thought i was in good time as my boyfriend started his months ago with them but only got a little bit sorted and has to finish the rest now so i was goin by what he was told, i dunno maybe we are way to late for wanting to leave in August.

by the way what part of Canada are you planning on going too? :)

thanks again everybody for the replys!
    email them and ask them what they are doing because at this rate youll miss this years and have to wait to nov/dec to apply. if they havnt taken much money id cut your losses and apply with iec direct by those web links if you want to go for august thats if the visas are still there 400ish today i think.
    heading for calgary the 17, really cant wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

I did my forms through go4less, 75 euro which isn't bad. I didn't trust myself to fill them out correctly and I was right not to, I thought I had them done but still had a dew mistakes so was glad I had them checked before I sent them off.

I'm off to Calgary in Oct, really excited! Well hopefully anyway, still waiting for the payment email.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

PollyMe wrote: »
    I did my forms through go4less, 75 euro which isn't bad. I didn't trust myself to fill them out correctly and I was right not to, I thought I had them done but still had a dew mistakes so was glad I had them checked before I sent them off.

I'm off to Calgary in Oct, really excited! Well hopefully anyway, still waiting for the payment email.

Now I understand worriers who don't want to make any mistakes but the forms are very very very straightforward and definitely don't warrant someone taking €75 off you!

At least you didn't go to those robbin backstards at USIT though!

Stupid IEC rejecting my app in January due to "insufficient print quality", and then I just got lazy and only reapplied yesterday!

Wasn't going to go til Oct anyway so missing out on this years isn't the end of the world I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hey all, hoping to head over to Toronto for the Summer. Probably won't get my LOI until mid-June due to the delays but just wondering as I know somebody over there I was thinking of going around 1st of June. If I haven't got my visa by then but I book a return flight for August, will I be alright at customs in Canada if I explain that I'm waiting for my visa and will be crossing the border in Niagara to activate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hey all, hoping to head over to Toronto for the Summer. Probably won't get my LOI until mid-June due to the delays but just wondering as I know somebody over there I was thinking of going around 1st of June. If I haven't got my visa by then but I book a return flight for August, will I be alright at customs in Canada if I explain that I'm waiting for my visa and will be crossing the border in Niagara to activate it?

Yeah you should be able to enter on a tourist visa. You'll probably need to have a return flight or proof that you have enough funds to purchase a return flight or they won't let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Thanks, do you know if there is a form to fill out or anything before you can enter Canada as a tourist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Thanks, do you know if there is a form to fill out or anything before you can enter Canada as a tourist?

you'll be given it on the plane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skintonlad

Im wondering has anybody got job offers from trucking companies at expo back in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

So i stupidly went thro usit 4 my visa (which i still havnt got yet :( ) just wondering can i tell um 2 feck off and book my own flights and insurance?? I havnt paid 4 the flights yet but i emailed them the other day and they said according to the terms and conditions of the programme i have 2 buk through them :( hindsight its a great thing

Danii86 wrote: »
    So i stupidly went thro usit 4 my visa (which i still havnt got yet :( ) just wondering can i tell um 2 feck off and book my own flights and insurance?? I havnt paid 4 the flights yet but i emailed them the other day and they said according to the terms and conditions of the programme i have 2 buk through them :( hindsight its a great thing
    hey danii86 i went through usit as well, they are such a diaster. you have to book your flights and insurance through them because when you signed up you agreed to do that. If you dont they could sue ya for breaking contract. When you are booking your flights make sur you give yourself enough time for your visa to come through because that free change of flight isnt free, i had to move mine and it cost me 359, they are crooks in my eyes and ill never go near them again!!
    Whats your timeline so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Sorry for posting this question but there are a lot of posts to go through looking for an answer.

I sent off my payment on the 23rd of April, haven't heard a peep since. I sent proof of payment to them on the 2nd of May and still nothing. Getting slightly worried because the 12 days is up tomorrow.

Again apologies if this question has been answered before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

tbayers wrote: »
    Sorry for posting this question but there are a lot of posts to go through looking for an answer.

I sent off my payment on the 23rd of April, haven't heard a peep since. I sent proof of payment to them on the 2nd of May and still nothing. Getting slightly worried because the 12 days is up tomorrow.

Again apologies if this question has been answered before!

id say, since youve sent proof & they havent got bk to u, its a good thing..

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

johnt91 wrote: »

Yeah you should be able to enter on a tourist visa. You'll probably need to have a return flight or proof that you have enough funds to purchase a return flight or they won't let you in.

Irish passport holders don't require a visa! You can holiday there for 6 months. So have a flight booked within that time frame and tell them your on a holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

hey danii86 i went through usit as well, they are such a diaster. you have to book your flights and insurance through them because when you signed up you agreed to do that. If you dont they could sue ya for breaking contract. When you are booking your flights make sur you give yourself enough time for your visa to come through because that free change of flight isnt free, i had to move mine and it cost me 359, they are crooks in my eyes and ill never go near them again!!
    Whats your timeline so far?

"3.You must book your return flights and insurance with USIT in order to avail of the offer of SWAP arrivals service and first nights accommodation and the FREE Application Form filling assistance."

Taken from Usit's own site
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa/terms-and-conditions

I'm thinking that if you tell them u don't want to use the swap services you don't have to book flights.

J

Jonty wrote: »
    "3.You must book your return flights and insurance with USIT in order to avail of the offer of SWAP arrivals service and first nights accommodation and the FREE Application Form filling assistance."

Taken from Usit's own site
    http://www.usit.ie/work-abroad/canada/work-and-travel-canada-visa/terms-and-conditions

I'm thinking that if you tell them u don't want to use the swap services you don't have to book flights.

J
    dont think they'll except that, im not using their swap services because they dont have it where im going and i still had to book with them. Usit prob wont let danii86 because thats where they make their money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

but they can't cancel your visa, so to put it blunty they could go stuff themselves.

Whats to stop somebody paying the 400 quid and then deciding no I'm not using their services and applying direct to IEC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Jonty wrote: »
    but they can't cancel your visa, so to put it blunty they could go stuff themselves.

Whats to stop somebody paying the 400 quid and then deciding no I'm not using their services and applying direct to IEC?

If you refuse to book usit flights all they can do is not let you use their services when you arrive in canada. Based on the service they provide before you arrive in canada i dont see how anyone would want to use this!

I nearly used usit and then i found this thread :) and just done the forms myself.

Advertisement