Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Everyone is freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Lads, is it gone too late to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I only sent exactly 105 from Van City bank too, plus the $20 fee. Hopefully it goes through ok, sorry I didn't tack on a few extra dollars too tho tbh

I'm gonna call AIB Grafton first thing in the morning and see if there is a charge at their end when they recieve funds from abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

Worth a shot...
    Keep in mind they've dished out over 1000 in a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mrs. Doyle

Jonty wrote: »

With only 650 left this evening it would appear so. There are probably a lot on route to them and maybe more for inputting.

I firmly believe in what I said here and just hope that they will allow more when these run out. The permits lasted until August last year and to have them running out by May seems to me to be unfair. A long way to January for anyone not qualifying now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

fill out your forms you have nothing to lose by doing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

have to email my IMM1295 do you print it off sign it and then email it or just attach it as is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

jjbrien wrote: »
    have to email my IMM1295 do you print it off sign it and then email it or just attach it as is?

U dont sign it, just email it across :P

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

Can anyone confirm exactly what '650 places left' means?
    If you received the first email (email of receipt) and submitted all the required documentation, are you included in the places already gone (and obviously potentially open to rejection if there is a problem with your documents, but otherwise okay)? I would like to think so, as I have heard that this number has jumped up and down in the past...
    Don't know what to do with myself. I love living here, my job is here and love this country. I'm off to a remote site Wednesday, potentially with no internet access...and no bank access...going to have to borrow a car or something.
    Can't sleep.

jjbrien: Rename the file to 'your world tracking number'.pdf and then sign it

monkeerina wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm exactly what '650 places left' means?
    If you received the first email (email of receipt) and submitted all the required documentation, are you included in the places already gone (and obviously potentially open to rejection if there is a problem with your documents, but otherwise okay)? I would like to think so, as I have heard that this number has jumped up and down in the past...
    Don't know what to do with myself. I love living here, my job is here and love this country. I'm off to a remote site Wednesday, potentially with no internet access...and no bank access...going to have to borrow a car or something.
    Can't sleep.

Yes, you're correct. when you get the first email from them saying they have received your application then you have a visa reserved. If your application is rejected then that visa goes back in to the pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭monkeerina

God I hope you're right Dave. And I hope all my documents were in order...I'll be the happiest girl in the world if this goes through :)

Yes, you're correct. when you get the first email from them saying they have received your application then you have a visa reserved. If your application is rejected then that visa goes back in to the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Lads, I have a police certificate dated on 24th January 2012. Is it valid for 3 months or 12 months does anybody know?

This is my first visa application to canada, and I know I'm cutting it fine, but thats the way things worked out.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

I wonder can anyone help me with this freak out??

Does anything from the IEC program come by registered post??
    Two registered letters are waiting for me in a depot in Dublin, I got them redirected to my work but they haven't arrived yet and I'm really afraid it's a rejection.

I got my conditional acceptance on the 20th April and paid the next day and haven't heard anything since and really really hope that there's not bad news in those letters!

If anyone can put my mind at ease I'd really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

tenhours wrote: »
    I wonder can anyone help me with this freak out??

Does anything from the IEC program come by registered post??
    Two registered letters are waiting for me in a depot in Dublin, I got them redirected to my work but they haven't arrived yet and I'm really afraid it's a rejection.

I got my conditional acceptance on the 20th April and paid the next day and haven't heard anything since and really really hope that there's not bad news in those letters!

If anyone can put my mind at ease I'd really appreciate it!!

Maybe someone can confirm this, but im nearly certain that they use fedex to return applications and they usually sent an email with a generic reason first

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Maybe someone can confirm this, but im nearly certain that they use fedex to return applications and they usually sent an email with a generic reason first

Thanks jd83, hopefully you're right, this process has my nerves on edge!

Nope, they dont use fedex or registered post. They just post em back.

However you should receive an email first. When I was rejected in the first round I received an email so I assume the second round is them same.

Could be the letter of Intoduction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blount

It's back up to 714, obviously quiet a few have been rejected.

Thats scary

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

hbmm wrote: »
    Finally got my visa yesterday. The time it takes depends on how fast the medical is sent back. I did the medical on the 3rd of april but the results were only sent to london on the 18th. So it does take a good 4 weeks.

Thanks for the update! I did my medical on the 30th or MARCH (not April..) so Im waiting a month now..

Hopefully nearly there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elena Martin

Hi guys were we supposed to pay more than €105 to the IEC? just reading a few messages on here with some people saying they transfered extra for the bank charges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Hi guys were we supposed to pay more than €105 to the IEC? just reading a few messages on here with some people saying they transfered extra for the bank charges?

Your just supposed to pay the €105, but you have to pay for any charges associated with the transfer etc - your bank should tell you if there is a charge.

I noticed that some people paid extra just in case - it says on the iec website not to pay any more or less than the €105 or it wont be accepted. Maybe they are more lenient if its more though...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elena Martin

ah thats brilliant thanks, I was starting to panic,Again! Cheers :)

Lads, I have a police certificate dated on 24th January 2012. Is it valid for 3 months or 12 months does anybody know?

This is my first visa application to canada, and I know I'm cutting it fine, but thats the way things worked out.

J
    valid for a year jonty.

Nope, they dont use fedex or registered post. They just post em back.

However you should receive an email first. When I was rejected in the first round I received an email so I assume the second round is them same.

Could be the letter of Intoduction :)
    they dont post LOI only by email. Rejection letter comes in the post though. Says on email when being passed to CIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

Are you sure you have to sign it?? i didnt, worried now :eek: will i send it again - the signed version?

That should say send it. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

bops2042 wrote: »
    Are you sure you have to sign it?? i didnt, worried now :eek: will i send it again - the signed version?

IMM1295

How exactly can you sign it and send it? You will get ink all over your screen!!

So to answer this repeated Question..

You DO NOT have to sign the form just forward it to the address provided.

Also do not worry about how many visa's are left, just apply asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bops2042

SNNUS wrote: »
    IMM1295

How exactly can you sign it and send it? You will get ink all over your screen!!

So to answer this repeated Question..

You DO NOT have to sign the form just forward it to the address provided.

Also do not worry about how many visa's are left, just apply asap.

lol, well you can print, sign scan and email!!!!! thats possible... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

bops2042 wrote: »
    lol, well you can print, sign scan and email!!!!! thats possible... :o

Possible yes, but Unnecessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

J

It's valid for a year :)
    blount wrote: »
    It's back up to 714, obviously quiet a few have been rejected.

It's up to 744 visas now from 650 this morning. Worrying for some folks but I'm feicin delighted!! Means I might actually have a shot :o

Advertisement