Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

valid for a year jonty.

according to USIT its only valid for 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mycity

Mycity wrote: »
    MrThrifty wrote: »
    Mycity wrote: »
    Not to add to your stress but here's my story...
    Letter to pay 1st April
    Paid 3rd April

I hadn't received a receipt so followed up with AIB. They eventually tracked my payement (which I made on one of the kiosks) & half of the reference no had disappeared. I am 100% sure I had this correct so somewhere in the system the last four or five digits were dropped.

I emailed the embassy on the 19th but haven't got a reply yet. The waiting game continues!!

I'd advise you to 'try' to chase this with them straight away - they will otherwise accept your money but reject your application, no if's, but's etc. Once you have been rejected, they are now adopting the policy of simply ignoring any appeals. Absolute incompetence (on their side!) as they still haven't acknowledged the issue with transferring the money online where the limit of the number of characters for the reference is less than the WTN number.

Hi MrThrifty,

I have emailed again.... Not aware of any other method to "contact" them. Fingers crossed.

Anyone reading, don't use the kiosks in AIB. It warned me that the reference was too long so I removed a couple of the dashes. What appeared on their statement was the first half of my WTN, not what was typed! Unbelievably frustrating!

Hi guys,

Has anyone had an recent success contacting the embassy? I've emailed loads of times re the above with no response (excluding the emailed receipt reply). If so what address are you using?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Jonty wrote: »

This is just not true....

Taken from the IEC site:

The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue. If you are unsure as to whether your current police certificate will remain valid for the period of time required to process your application, we recommend that you apply for and submit a new certificate.

I've pretty much stopped posting in this forum because of the amount of scaremongering and repeat questions being asked, but this one was particularly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Don't think you read it right....the police certificate just had to be a recent one as in you had to have got it within the last 3 months
    that's what USIT was on about.

Taken from USIT:
    "You should begin applying for your Police Certificate as soon as you have decided you wish to go on this programme. Please be aware that Police Certificates from your country of residence must have been issued within the last 3 months."
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    This is just not true....

Taken from the IEC site:

The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue. If you are unsure as to whether your current police certificate will remain valid for the period of time required to process your application, we recommend that you apply for and submit a new certificate.

I've pretty much stopped posting in this forum because of the amount of scaremongering and repeat questions being asked, but this one was particularly bad

In fairness it's coming towards the end with only so many visas left so folks will be slightly freaked. Plus they may have simply read some instructions wrong and were worried.

Plus it's a big thread and folks aint gonna read through loads and loads of pages trying to fish for an answer when they can just ask. Esp as a lot here will have already gotten their visas and know the answers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

Originally posted by jd83
    Maybe someone can confirm this, but im nearly certain that they use fedex to return applications and they usually sent an email with a generic reason first
    Originally Posted by DaveDaRave1
    Nope, they dont use fedex or registered post. They just post em back.

However you should receive an email first. When I was rejected in the first round I received an email so I assume the second round is them same.

Could be the letter of Intoduction
    Originally posted by shellyennis
    they dont post LOI only by email. Rejection letter comes in the post though. Says on email when being passed to CIC.

Letters arrived today, just new atm cards, huge sigh of relief over here! Big celebrations are in order when/if that bloody LOI ever arrives! Thanks for your help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Jonty please find attached on the International experience Canada programe!!

I obtained a police certificate that I submitted for a previous application to the IEC initiative. Will it still be valid if I apply again? Do I need a new police certificate?

The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue. If you are unsure as to whether your current police certificate will remain valid for the period of time required to process your application, we recommend that you apply for and submit a new certificate. It is important to note that your application will be automatically refused against the eligibility criteria of the IEC if your previous certificate is no longer valid and you have not submitted a new one.

Please note that if you are currently in the process of applying for a new police certificate and you have the intention of re-applying in a subsequent year, we strongly recommend that you request to be issued a second copy of the certificate so that you can include it with your next application.

Dont listen to USIT! Im so tired from how wrong they have been when i was going through the process.

tenhours wrote: »
    Letters arrived today, just new atm cards, huge sigh of relief over here! Big celebrations are in order when/if that bloody LOI ever arrives! Thanks for your help guys
    oh not so bad! have you been asked for payment or what stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

quick question:

sending off my application tomorrow, but will be going on holiday for 2 weeks exactly 5 weeks from tomorrow.

Should this be an issue or will I be ok in terms of being asked to submit payment within those 5 weeks!?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

leggit wrote: »
    quick question:

sending off my application tomorrow, but will be going on holiday for 2 weeks exactly 5 weeks from tomorrow.

Should this be an issue or will I be ok in terms of being asked to submit payment within those 5 weeks!?

I would say there is a chance! You'll need access to Internet so you can check your emails. At least after 10 or 11 days into your holiday, since you only 12 days to send Payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

leggit wrote: »
    quick question:

Lol, it'll take longer than 7 weeks to get your IMM1295 processed anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Hi there. I sent my application last thursday and they received it on Friday (27th april). Just realised since then that I completed my IMM1295 form by hand (crappy uni computers wouldnt open the file so I got my mum to print it off and then i filled it out by hand and sent it with all the rest of my documents.)

Basically since then i have realised that it had to be validated online which is very annoying. I got access to a computer that it would upload on and completed it with validation.

I sent it to them today with a letter explaining the situation, saying I'd be very grateful if they could attach it to my original application. I also put another photocopy of my passport in as proof of ID and proof of passport number etc.

Please tell me this will be OK and that they won't tell me in 3/4 weeks time that I didn't do it correctly and send the whole thing back out to me again.

Really seeking reassurance here...HELP.

ALSO..is there any contact number I can actually talk to someone from their end on? or even an efficient email address?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Helix wrote: »
    once your application is received they reduce the amount available by one. that doesnt mean it's gone, because you could be refused. the number goes up and down

there'll still be visas left in august

Hi sorry I just read this. Is it not quite unlikely there'll be visas left in 2 weeks time, never mind August?

Is there any way they'll increase the cap seeing as it is closing so early? I don't plan on going until November so only applied last week, now realising the whole thing mightn't work out and it's so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Honestly they're so strict I can see them sending it back. they'll see the first one you sent, see that there is no barcode on it and then chuck it. Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

skreepers wrote: »
    Hi there. I sent my application last thursday and they received it on Friday (27th april). Just realised since then that I completed my IMM1295 form by hand (crappy uni computers wouldnt open the file so I got my mum to print it off and then i filled it out by hand and sent it with all the rest of my documents.)

Basically since then i have realised that it had to be validated online which is very annoying. I got access to a computer that it would upload on and completed it with validation.

I sent it to them today with a letter explaining the situation, saying I'd be very grateful if they could attach it to my original application. I also put another photocopy of my passport in as proof of ID and proof of passport number etc.

Please tell me this will be OK and that they won't tell me in 3/4 weeks time that I didn't do it correctly and send the whole thing back out to me again.

Really seeking reassurance here...HELP.

ALSO..is there any contact number I can actually talk to someone from their end on? or even an efficient email address?

thanks

I'd be very surprised if they didn't send it back, mine got sent back the first time for "insufficient print quality" despite the fact I could have just emailed them the forms if they asked for them

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

Wondering what travel insurance people have gone with? I got a quote from Blue Insurance for the standard package of €200 and €280 with cover that includes skiing etc. Has anyone gone with Blue before and does did sound like a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

wow that ssounds like an awesome price if it includes winter sports! :cool:

Axa is like 400, without winter sports!

henrieta wrote: »
    wow that ssounds like an awesome price if it includes winter sports! :cool:

Axa is like 400, without winter sports!
    i paid 399 without winter sports got it through USIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 galvoband

hey guys, just wondering if anyone got rejected on the second phase of the application. Im waiting for word back and Im curious about what grounds for refusal are at the CIC
    Tnx

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Havent even thought about insurance.

600 Visas left.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

The visas seem to be going down really fast as they are sending out confirmations of receipt really soon, but I get the impression that the rest of the process is still slow.......

I think they might be trying to get all the visas allocated asap and are then going to thrawl through the applications and process visas.... would prob make it easier on them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gigi_Glee

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

Wondering what travel insurance people have gone with? I got a quote from Blue Insurance for the standard package of €200 and €280 with cover that includes skiing etc. Has anyone gone with Blue before and does did sound like a good price.

my boyfriend went with blue and i think i will too. looks good and is pretty comprehensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

Try multitrip.com think it is about 240 with winter sports or backpackers.ie is similar enough. Make sure you shop aound for the insurance and certainly dont go with axa usit or DEFINATELY not VHI what a bunch of comedians!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tenhours

oh not so bad! have you been asked for payment or what stage are you at?

I was so happy that it wasn't a rejection! If this has taught me anything it's that I'm dying to go!

My timeline at the moment is :
    28th February sent everything registered post
    22nd March got Confirmation of Receipt
    20th April, request for payment, paid the next day, stupidly sent the wrong form but they got back to me the next day asking for the right one....

And today, the 3rd May, got an email saying I've been passed on to the "Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation."

Does this mean this long and nerve wracking process is almost over?? They say as well that the LOI could take 6 weeks, I don't think I can handle much more of this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 senorsweeney

Quick question forumites,

Currently in Canada on 1yr Visa, planning on travelling down to Niagara tomorrow to activate my 2nd 1yr Visa.

The criteria states that you require full medical cover etc for the duration of your stay. I am currently covered under OHIP and will be entitled to renew my OHIP card once I obtain the new work permit. I have been advised that OHIP cover is sufficient and I am not required to take out any other form of insurance.

Can anybody who was in a similar position perhaps confirm this fact for me?

Many thanks in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you won't be asked about medical coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Havent even thought about insurance.

600 Visas left.

Down to 460 as of today. Only sent mine today!! Uh-oh....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Down to 460 as of today. Only sent mine today!! Uh-oh....

Back up to 520 now. They seem to be updating this pretty regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lain

Hey everybody,

I have just started my Visa application with CityVisa today. i am really very clueless as to this whole visa application so i was wondering has anybody else gone through CityVisas? if so do they make you buy flights and insurance through them, thats what i have heard USIT make you do. I am not planning on going until August, and i was told by CityVisa that i should apply in July when the next visas are out. would this mean that because i am starting it now would it be processed and all for me to be able to go in August?.....as i said i am very lost with all of this so any info is appreciated! :)

thanks!

tenhours wrote: »
    I was so happy that it wasn't a rejection! If this has taught me anything it's that I'm dying to go!

My timeline at the moment is :
    28th February sent everything registered post
    22nd March got Confirmation of Receipt
    20th April, request for payment, paid the next day, stupidly sent the wrong form but they got back to me the next day asking for the right one....

And today, the 3rd May, got an email saying I've been passed on to the "Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the United Kingdom for the second phase of the evaluation."

Does this mean this long and nerve wracking process is almost over?? They say as well that the LOI could take 6 weeks, I don't think I can handle much more of this!!
    oh thats briliant new, i was waiting 14 days when i got my LOI after that email. so hopefully 2 weeks you'll be all done with this :-)

• Advertisement

lain wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

I have just started my Visa application with CityVisa today. i am really very clueless as to this whole visa application so i was wondering has anybody else gone through CityVisas? if so do they make you buy flights and insurance through them, thats what i have heard USIT make you do. I am not planning on going until August, and i was told by CityVisa that i should apply in July when the next visas are out. would this mean that because i am starting it now would it be processed and all for me to be able to go in August?.....as i said i am very lost with all of this so any info is appreciated! :)

thanks!
    hey i started my process 25 jan and got LOI 18 of april. Apply now and all going well with your forms youll have your visa for august. From what i understand you said they told ya to wait till july to apply, visas will be gone and you'll have to wait till next nov/dec to start. get it over and done with now and enjoy the build up of going! any questions ask us we have gone through it or are going through it, we are willing to help!

Advertisement