Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stephencillian

JCJames wrote: »
    To everyone here who is applying for the IEC 2012,

2 days ago (27th April) I finally received my "Accepted : Payment Requested" email after what has been an epic journey of applying for this visa. It seems it's not all over yet. Like some of you, I still have to make payment and wait for a reply.

My question to you, I am sending from a UK bank. Has everyone just been adding a couple of extra pounds onto the fee to avoid underpaying and possibly losing your entire application?

This application process has been a nightmare for me. I started working on gathering documents in December 2011 will you believe! I imagine a lot of people are in the same position, so I just thought I'd list a few pieces of information from my experience that may help others.
    • An Australian Fingerprinted Police Check costed me 105AUD and took 4 weeks to process
    • An FBI Fingerprinted Police Check cost me around 40USD and took around 8 weeks to process
    • Part of the elegibility criteria for UK citizens applying for the IEC 2012 is that you have to have stayed in the UK for 3 years prior to applying. I went to Asia for 4 months travelling in 2010, followed by 12 months in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa. I stated this and I have still received my acceptance email. So I imagine this criteria is just to confirm you are a full on UK Citizen, and that holiday visas and travel are fine.
    • My application package, once sent and delivered, took 4 weeks in total to process.
    • I am already in Canada, on a 6 month tourist visa, and sent my application package from here over to London. I stated I was already travelling in Canada as a tourist, but I used my UK home address for my Residential address. So I can confirm it's okay to be out of the UK and apply for the IEC 2012.

I hope some of this information will help. Although I haven't been very active on this blog for a while I'd like to thank those who have helped me through, and will also gladly try to answer any questions if they are fired at me!

WOOOHOOOOOOOO

I also paid with a uk bank, dont worry when you do the wire transfer the bank will pay the exact amount in euros and any difference will be deducted or added on ur account...hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

I also paid with a uk bank, dont worry when you do the wire transfer the bank will pay the exact amount in euros and any difference will be deducted or added on ur account...hope this helps

I've just re-read the email and it asks me for 90 GBP only, not euro's. So I guess if I'm doing a UK to UK bank transfer I won't have to worry about exchange rates or bank charges anyways right?

I had previously seen that they've put the IBAN and SWIFT codes in the email, which are for european and international transfers respectively. I think these just put me off for a second there!

Thanks for such a speedy reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

JCJames wrote: »
    I've just re-read the email and it asks me for 90 GBP only, not euro's. So I guess if I'm doing a UK to UK bank transfer I won't have to worry about exchange rates or bank charges anyways right?

I had previously seen that they've put the IBAN and SWIFT codes in the email, which are for european and international transfers respectively. I think these just put me off for a second there!

Thanks for such a speedy reply :)
    i did my payment in the bank and asked about charges and was told that once you have a iban and swift code there are no charges applied to the other account and my payment went through grand, got my LOI and am flying the 17 the may! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 henrieta

shelly, did u get payment confirmation? If so how long after?

Yup you dont need to include iban/swift code if transferring from UK, these are only for international payments :)

• Advertisement

henrieta wrote: »
    shelly, did u get payment confirmation? If so how long after?
    No didnt, just got a email saying my application has been passed on to cic. Payment email 28 paid that day and i got the passed on to cic email the 4 of april. 18 i got my loi.

Wow thats fast.. !!!! :D

..so is it ok to assume that if I dont get a payment confirmation but i get the email saying its been passed to 2nd stage, then they've found the payment?

henrieta wrote: »
    ..so is it ok to assume that if I dont get a payment confirmation but i get the email saying its been passed to 2nd stage, then they've found the payment?
    oh yeah they have found your payment and your form you sent off, give it 14 days (for your LOI) and u should hear back by then but dont panic if you havn't, some people are waiting a month its really hit or miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gracielou

I was delighted to get my payment email today. Going to the bank tomorrow...

However looked at the site today 1003 visas left!

My timeline is

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April

My boyf sent his on the 15th of April.

Hope we'll be ok??? Are we cutting it fine?

• Advertisement

I thought a place is issued once you've been sent the receipt of application?
    So u should be ok..

Oh you got the email today? They're working on Sundays?!!

gracielou wrote: »
    I was delighted to get my payment email today. Going to the bank tomorrow...

However looked at the site today 1003 visas left!

My timeline is

Sent application: 3rd April
    Email saying it was received: 22nd April
    Payment Email: 29th April

My boyf sent his on the 15th of April.

Hope we'll be ok??? Are we cutting it fine?
    you should be fine! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Sent mine of with an post by registered mail,an post sent me an email to confirm that my documents were delivered on the 23 of april,still no word from visa office though:(

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Sent mine of with an post by registered mail,an post sent me an email to confirm that my documents were delivered on the 23 of april,still no word from visa office though:(
    its only six days, usually a month before you hear, dont worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

i paid on the 10th of april but have herd nothing.....freaked, should i do something?? email someone?? help

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

lindzation wrote: »
    We tacked an extra 10 euro on just in case, and it went through fine..

I paid mine from a canadian account yesterday, cost $30 to send it but I only sent the exact 105e on top of that. Should have sent a little more in hindsight.

Anyone else here in the same boat? I'm not sure if AIB charge when they recieve funds..

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Roonbox wrote: »
    I paid mine from a canadian account yesterday, cost $30 to send it but I only sent the exact 105e on top of that. Should have sent a little more in hindsight.

Anyone else here in the same boat? I'm not sure if AIB charge when they recieve funds..

I only sent exactly 105 from Van City bank too, plus the $20 fee. Hopefully it goes through ok, sorry I didn't tack on a few extra dollars too tho tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

ICANN wrote: »
    Helix wrote: »
    if there are 1000 places left how do you make out that you're already too late?

I'm the exact same. I can't apply yet because I'm in the UK for the next few months and you have to be in Ireland to apply. :(

Where did you read that madness? They only accept applications by post or courier. And the IEC admin for Ireland is located in London!

So it should be quicker and cheaper for you to apply in the uk than in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jay.D87

Lads me and the girlfriend just booked our visas with usit but they made a mess up on her new passport which is delaying us with garda clearance and sending off the forms to the IEC

do you know is there many visas left?? Im really starting to panic now :(

Cant stay in this hellhole any longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

As of the 27th of April there are 1003. so they're going at a rate of about 1000 per month

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

And thats just for 2012 yeah?

Jay.D87 wrote: »
    And thats just for 2012 yeah?
    yeap, once there gone you have to wait till 2013 for iec. how did usit mess up her passport?

yeap, once there gone you have to wait till 2013 for iec. how did usit mess up her passport?

No sorry it wasnt Usit... the passport office did. she paid by laser but the security code was read wrong or something...

If we want to go early 2013 will we have to wait til 2013 to apply do you know? or can we go on the waiting list now??

If you dont get one this time around you'll have to wait untill late december of this year to apply for next year.
    That said it seems to be much quicker if you apply straight away. I posted a time line in some other thread and from getting the first email from canada confirming the receipt of application to getting the Letter of Intro took less than 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

As of today there's only 682 visas left :eek:

It says on the USIT website that your passport has to be vaild for about 26months to cover the year of introduction and your 12 month stay and your 8 weeks of waiting for the application to go through.

But on the Canadian website it says it needs to be valid just for the 2 months of your application and the year you intend to stay.....

Don't think I'll get it now as my passport is not valid for the next 26 months. Was simply going to renew it later on when I was in Canada a good while. URGH.

If you dont get one this time around you'll have to wait untill late december of this year to apply for next year.
    That said it seems to be much quicker if you apply straight away. I posted a time line in some other thread and from getting the first email from canada confirming the receipt of application to getting the Letter of Intro took less than 4 weeks.

Does the application not open up in November?

JAY.D87: if you want to go early 2013, you can apply now, get you LOI and go start of 2013, example you apply now you get your LOI may 30 you have till may 29 2013 to enter canada then your 1 year starts. Apply now and then go next year, if you apply next year you could be waiting months for the process to finish up and lose the start of the year! you might be lucking and get approved quickly, rush is prob over.

ToniTuddle wrote: »

It says on the USIT website that your passport has to be vaild for about 26months to cover the year of introduction and your 12 month stay and your 8 weeks of waiting for the application to go through.

But on the Canadian website it says it needs to be valid just for the 2 months of your application and the year you intend to stay.....

Don't think I'll get it now as my passport is not valid for the next 26 months. Was simply going to renew it later on when I was in Canada a good while. URGH.

I prob wouldn't go with what USIT says, anytime ive asked them a question they have changed it person to person, go with what the Canadians say, your entering there country go by there rules! you should be grand.

ToniTuddle wrote: »

I go with what the canadian site says.

Its possible it started in November. I'm going by when this thread was made which was 19th of December.

• Advertisement

Dont worry, im freaking out too. I need confirmation!

Advertisement