Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

Tsukimi wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I got my confirmation of payment today and they said that if I need a medical to let them know....how do we know what jobs require a medical over in Canada?!

Also, anyone have any idea how long the last phase should take? I know they say 6 weeks but SURELY it can't take that long! I wanna go ASAP!

Hey all, Like Tsukimi I also received confirmation of payment recently (9th May 2012) and am now waiting for my Letter of Introduction to arrive via email.

Has anyone experienced being rejected in this final phase?

I have been in Canada for 3 months now on a tourist visa, whilst applying for my IEC. I expect they know this because I was 100% honest in my application and therefore shouldn't have anything to worry about. Yet, it is a tad worrying that the last phase takes 6 weeks.

I wonder if they are reviewing your application form a second time? Or just processing the application. I've already celebrated getting my visa, but I guess I was perhaps a little too early!

should be all good right... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Woo Hoo,

I got my LOI at 4a.m this morning so I think they are working a lot quicker now, Best of luck to everyone, be patient.

Timeline

1st app rejected after being sent in Jan, was missing one signature.

2nd App
    Application sent Mar 1st
    Notice of Receipt Mar 22nd
    Payment Requested Apr 20th
    Payment accepted/ Second Phase Apr 26th
    LOI 10th May

So just over 2 months for everything to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kel81

SNNUS wrote: »
    Woo Hoo,

I got my LOI at 4a.m this morning so I think they are working a lot quicker now, Best of luck to everyone, be patient.

Timeline

1st app rejected after being sent in Jan, was missing one signature.

2nd App
    Application sent Mar 1st
    Notice of Receipt Mar 22nd
    Payment Requested Apr 20th
    Payment accepted/ Second Phase Apr 26th
    LOI 10th May

So just over 2 months for everything to be processed.

Congratulations : ) that was fast!

Sent on 14 feb
    Notice of receipt on 13 Marc
    Payment request 17 of April
    I got my second phase on April 23rd but still no LOI. strange how you get yours before me I would love to know what system they work on!! Also I never recieved a medical request email. I ticked that I needed one on the form because I will need it for the employment I have lined up! This whole process is so stressful!! Anyone who got there second phase request recently did you recieve a medical email?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Kel81 wrote: »

Sent on 14 feb
    I got my second phase on April 23rd but still no LOI. strange how you get yours before me I would love to know what system they work on!! Also I never recieved a medical request email. I ticked that I needed one on the form because I will need it for the employment I have lined up! This whole process is so stressful!! Anyone who got there second phase request recently did you recieve a medical email?

Thanks

I got passed onto the second stage on the 12 March, and got an email about the medical on the 14th - I assume you wont get this as you filled out the form instead...
    Then I got forms posted out on the 26 of March - you need them to book your medical etc. I did the medical on the 30 March (its expensive, circa €350 euro)...
    Still waiting on LOI.........
    So you probably have another 6 weeks til you get your LOI I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Hey all, seems to be speeding up a bit just from looking at all your timelines.
    Sent our applications on May 1st and received notice of receipt yesterday May 9th.

Just hoping I haven't left it too late now. Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 albablue

Congrats!!!

I paid on the 26th of April so going by your timeline I should get en email on tuesday.

Dave did you get receipt of payment? My boyf paid on the same day, he hasnt heard anything yet........

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kel81

albablue wrote: »
    Kel81 wrote: »

Sent on 14 feb

Thanks

I got passed onto the second stage on the 12 March, and got an email about the medical on the 14th - I assume you wont get this as you filled out the form instead...
    Then I got forms posted out on the 26 of March - you need them to book your medical etc. I did the medical on the 30 March (its expensive, circa €350 euro)...
    Still waiting on LOI.........
    So you probably have another 6 weeks til you get your LOI I'd say...

Okay thanks for that information. I
    Hopefully I will recieve some medical forms soon then. However I read on another forum that someone else had ticked for the medical but never recieved anything and next thing she recieved was LOI! I think I need to stop reading these forums and panicking! Lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

8vjohn wrote: »
    Hey all, seems to be speeding up a bit just from looking at all your timelines.
    Sent our applications on May 1st and received notice of receipt yesterday May 9th.

Just hoping I haven't left it too late now. Good luck all.

I'm the same. Confirmation of receipt on 9th May. Just worried now that I missed a signature or something stupid on the forms. I'm sure I didn't, but there's always that niggly feeling putting doubt in my head!

Where are you headed? I'm off to Calgary in August, all going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mark2wyatt

I'm guessing that i'm too late to start an application?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Probably, if you dont have a Garda cert you wont be applying for a few weeks anway.

Sure ask for one anyway, they're free so you're not going to lose anything if you are too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

The visas on the website say 461 but they haven't updated it since the 3rd.....wish they bloody would, they could be all feicin gone by now arrrgghh!!! :/

EDIT: Forget the above!

I've just got an email Notice of Receipt-does this mean that they are currently holding a visa for me while they check me out and process me? Like have I got a visa momentarily at least???

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

A friend of mine got his garda cert but there was a conviction for possesion of drugs in 2003 on it, he was only fined 100 euro will this affect him getting his visa?

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    The visas on the website say 461 but they haven't updated it since the 3rd.....wish they bloody would, they could be all feicin gone by now arrrgghh!!! :/

EDIT: Forget the above!

I've just got an email Notice of Receipt-does this mean that they are currently holding a visa for me while they check me out and process me? Like have I got a visa momentarily at least???

Yes, exactly! you have your place reserved.

Yes, exactly! you have your place reserved.

Thank you! I am bouncing off the friggin walls with happiness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

masseyno9 wrote: »
    I'm the same. Confirmation of receipt on 9th May. Just worried now that I missed a signature or something stupid on the forms. I'm sure I didn't, but there's always that niggly feeling putting doubt in my head!

Where are you headed? I'm off to Calgary in August, all going well.
    Hey, we haven't planned where to go or anything like that yet. We want to wait and see if we can get a visa first in case we set ourselves up for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

My timeline so far.

Application Sent: 12th March
    Notice of Receipt: 12th April
    Payment Request: 25th April
    Paid: 26th April
    Passed on to 2nd round: 10th May

Heading to Toronto Friday the 18th, would love to have my LOI before I leave but it's not looking hopeful! Provided I'm not waiting the full 6 weeks I'll be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

johnt91 wrote: »
    My timeline so far.

Heading to Toronto Friday the 18th, would love to have my LOI before I leave but it's not looking hopeful! Provided I'm not waiting the full 6 weeks I'll be happy :D

What method of payment did you use? Cheers..

My timeline so far.

Are you going to enter Canada on a tourist visa then while waiting for the LOI? Would they have a problem with that when they know you waiting on your visa I wonder?

My timeline so far.

I got my 'Passed to 2nd round' email yesterday too. ****ing delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hi all,
    I'm sure this is a silly question but Medical Cert, do we need to fill one out?
    I've clicked on this and its not really clear if I should be sending one or not.

• Advertisement

Have you lived in any of these countries for the last 6 months?
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/dcl.asp

are you planning on working in any of these sectors?
    o workers in the health sciences field
    o clinical laboratory workers
    o patient attendants in nursing and geriatric homes
    o medical students admitted to Canada to attend university
    o medical electives and physicians on short-term locums
    o teachers of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
    o domestics
    o workers who give in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled
    o day nursery employees

If you answered yes to either of those questions you need a medical cert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nope to the above and haven't left Ireland in a few years now, So I'm in the clear so, cheers!:)

doneill85 wrote: »
    What method of payment did you use? Cheers..

I just went into my local AIB went up to the teller with all the information written on a sheet, told her exactly what I wanted. Left the dashes out of my WTN so it would fit in the reference line.

Are you going to enter Canada on a tourist visa then while waiting for the LOI? Would they have a problem with that when they know you waiting on your visa I wonder?

I don't really plan on telling them I'm waiting on my visa. Just plan on saying I'm a tourist. I don't want to give myself any unwanted problems at the border control.

I'm not sure that if they knew I wouldnt be actually travelling around the country would they still give me a tourist visa. Don't want to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 nms

buzzon wrote: »
    I am also in a similar situation! I got the email to say i was provisionally accepted and to pay the fee and forward IMM1295 form which I did. Got a confirmation email to say they received my form but have heard nothing since! Two friends of mine who applied after me have received emails to confirm they received payment and have been passed on to second phase! I'm pretty concerned about this! Have emailed them twice but no response. Any one else experience this?

Hey u heard anything yet? im the same as u but paid 15th March. got confirmation e-mail they got my forms but no confirmation of payment and nothing else!!! E-mailed embassy loads and USIT but nothin!! Ive changed my flights loads, cost me a fortune. was originally leaving 22nd march.. Next flights booked for 23May so sweating now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

nms wrote: »
    buzzon wrote: »
    I am also in a similar situation! I got the email to say i was provisionally accepted and to pay the fee and forward IMM1295 form which I did. Got a confirmation email to say they received my form but have heard nothing since! Two friends of mine who applied after me have received emails to confirm they received payment and have been passed on to second phase! I'm pretty concerned about this! Have emailed them twice but no response. Any one else experience this?
    Hey u heard anything yet? im the same as u but paid 15th March. got confirmation e-mail they got my forms but no confirmation of payment and nothing else!!! E-mailed embassy loads and USIT but nothin!! Ive changed my flights loads, cost me a fortune. was originally leaving 22nd march.. Next flights booked for 23May so sweating now!!

I'm in the same boat too.. paid April 1st and still nothin. Wat method of payment did you use? I'm trying to find out if that has anythin to do with it. I used aib online swift/iban method..

I don't really plan on telling them I'm waiting on my visa. Just plan on saying I'm a tourist. I don't want to give myself any unwanted problems at the border control.

I'm not sure that if they knew I wouldnt be actually travelling around the country would they still give me a tourist visa. Don't want to risk it.

But then what if they have problem when you come back down to the border to show the LOI and then they will pick up on the fact you had this visa planned all along and didn't mention it first time round? I'd worry about that kinda stuff!

Just wondering for a friend- if he came over to Canada on a tourist visa this xmas could he apply for the working holiday visa when they open up again while he is in Canada?

See I went to NZ on a tourist visa and when I got out there after 2 months I applied for the working holiday and got it easy enough so just wondering if Canada would be the same....?

But then what if they have problem when you come back down to the border to show the LOI and then they will pick up on the fact you had this visa planned all along and didn't mention it first time round? I'd worry about that kinda stuff!

Just wondering for a friend- if he came over to Canada on a tourist visa this xmas could he apply for the working holiday visa when they open up again while he is in Canada?

See I went to NZ on a tourist visa and when I got out there after 2 months I applied for the working holiday and got it easy enough so just wondering if Canada would be the same....?

I've read on here about numerous people who have entered on a tourist visa and had no problems when getting their visas at the border later on. Your friend will be fine. If they ask me specifically if I'm waiting on a visa I'll tell them but other than that I probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hi John

My timeline is very similar to yours and I'm going to Toronto on Thursday and like you, I was hoping to have some paperwork heading over but I've given up hope of that!

I'm freaked about the balance of visas that's left, 461
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d

Do you know if they have 'reserved' a visa for us while we get assessed at this stage? Or do they go on with the process and hope that there's one left for you when you do pass?

The lack of information and contact is killing me.

Would be very grateful for a reply from you or others if you have any insight into this.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi John

My timeline is very similar to yours and I'm going to Toronto on Thursday and like you, I was hoping to have some paperwork heading over but I've given up hope of that!

I'm freaked about the balance of visas that's left, 461
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ang=eng&view=d

Do you know if they have 'reserved' a visa for us while we get assessed at this stage? Or do they go on with the process and hope that there's one left for you when you do pass?

The lack of information and contact is killing me.

Would be very grateful for a reply from you or others if you have any insight into this.

Thanks.

I've heard conflicting things about when they reduce the quota, some say it's when they initially scan in the barcodes when they receive the application, others say its when you receive your payment request. Either way, we have visas reserved for us, don't worry! See you in Toronto :)

Advertisement