Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

JCJames wrote: »
    A question for anyone who:

- Has done 2 years of the IEC program
    - Was required to do fingerprint background Police checks for their IEC Application

So I am currently on my first year, IEC 2012. I had to obtain 3 background police checks during my application due to the process rule that you must do so if you've lived in any country (for more than 6 months) in the last 10 years.

For me this was the UK (my homeland), Australia and the US.

Q. Now that I'm gonig to be applying for my 2nd year IEC, do I have to re-apply for these checks all over again? I ask this because it was such a hassle in getting these, not to mention the cost, and furthermore I've been in Canada the whole year!

Any help, much appreciated. :)

Yes you do have to do it again! Reason being your not applying for a second year! Your applying to participate in the IEC program. Each application is separate and previouse applications have no bairing on current ones.

You can only hope they relax there policies for 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

Anyone know when they are releasing the forms for the 2013 IEC online. Checking everyday and its driving me mad :-( any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

2013 IEC Megathread has been stickied at the top of this forum, keep an eye out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I cannot wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Still waiting, it's very frustrating, no new information on the site with over a month now.
    Impossible to get a start date from them, I've tried every angle and even called the Dept of Foreign Affairs.
    I've one more person trying to find out for me, if I hear anything I'll let you know.

• Advertisement

NoelAPM wrote: »
    Yes you do have to do it again! Reason being your not applying for a second year! Your applying to participate in the IEC program. Each application is separate and previouse applications have no bairing on current ones.

You can only hope they relax there policies for 2013.

Folks, I enquired about a second set of police certs and here is the reply I got.

You do not need to re-submit your police certificates as long as you are still in Canada when you apply to the 2013 initiative.

You never need to submit a Canadian police certificate.

Though we do not have any sample forms, we encourage you to read our Step by Step application guide for help filling in the form. The 2013 application form will most likely be very different from the 2012 forms, so please keep that in mind.

Please keep an eye on our website for more updates: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Best of luck,

The IEC Team
    UK/Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Folks, I enquired about a second set of police certs and here is the reply I got.

You do not need to re-submit your police certificates as long as you are still in Canada when you apply to the 2013 initiative.
    You never need to submit a Canadian police certificate.
    Though we do not have any sample forms, we encourage you to read our Step by Step application guide for help filling in the form. The 2013 application form will most likely be very different from the 2012 forms, so please keep that in mind.
    Best of luck,
    The IEC Team
    UK/Ireland

What email address did you use???

thank you - they owe me a refund from last year and still ahvent received it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

My mam is owed a refund too after she paid twice for my brothers visa due to some problem!!!they have ignored her emails and calls so I told her to maybe talk to the media???but it's good to know someone else has had the same problem!!

• Advertisement

flynnser19 wrote: »
    My mam is owed a refund too after she paid twice for my brothers visa due to some problem!!!they have ignored her emails and calls so I told her to maybe talk to the media???but it's good to know someone else has had the same problem!!

Yeah they told me in Feb that they only issue refunds on a quarterly basis, I'm still waiting. Rang, and emailed loads and loads of times. No response. Nearly afraid to query it now in case it goes against my application!! Maybe I'll wait til its approved....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

hi just filling in my 1295 form and it wont upload saying that i have not completed all the mandatory fields!
    just wondering if im applying for the first time - what i fill in as my UCI?
    Also I dont have a job over there so im filling in n/a for those fields but its making me add in more than 5 words in "Brief Description of duties" -
    the only other potential problem is postcode as it wont let you put n/a in this field so im leaving it blank?

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY CHRONIC MISERY HERE BEFORE I CRACK UP!!!!!
    PLEASE?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Lmnover wrote: »
    hi just filling in my 1295 form and it wont upload saying that i have not completed all the mandatory fields!
    just wondering if im applying for the first time - what i fill in as my UCI?
    Also I dont have a job over there so im filling in n/a for those fields but its making me add in more than 5 words in "Brief Description of duties" -
    the only other potential problem is postcode as it wont let you put n/a in this field so im leaving it blank?

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY CHRONIC MISERY HERE BEFORE I CRACK UP!!!!!
    PLEASE?

Leave the UCI blank. For the postcode leave it blank as well, For the employer and just descriptions put it either N/A or Unknown.

If you have any more posts pop them into this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056559459&page=301

as the one wer in is last years visa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Hi everyone ,just noticed that I received a message on the IEC acc. ,so I went to open it and it said " We are pleased to hear that you were successful in Stage 2...you were issued a Letter of Introduction by Citizenship and Immigration Canada." Is that meaning that I will receive another email or they will post it out to my address? I appologise if this has been already answered but just found it confusing because this only seems like a notification rather than the actual LOI because at the bottom it says " This letter is not your Letter of Introduction" .

Advertisement