Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KillianS

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Rush to login in 3 minutes to 6 to gift a copy of Terraria to a friend while it was cheap.

Complete Dungeon Defenders achievement....free copy of Terraria.

Steam = Trollface

and it stays on sale for 4 hours after 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone else getting achievements fatigue?

Cant really be arsed getting any today from the games i own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

/\/ollog wrote: »

Dead space 2 has my interest piqued, but I probably wouldn't play it for a few years,by which time it will be cheaper. :-\

Have the same problem and the easter sale is only around the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Dead Space, Assassins's creed 2, Rise of the Titans and Tomb Raider Underworld for me there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just did the trading achievement with a friend and found this in my inventory.

dota2.png

Is that a beta key? Would it be tradeable if I unpacked it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No, unpacking it adds it to our account, and yeah, its gets you into the beta.

DO IT! Its awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2 for me. Owned several of the others already.

Why I buy so many games during these sales when I've games from the last sale that I haven't played yet is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

ED E wrote: »
    No, unpacking it adds it to our account, and yeah, its gets you into the beta.

DO IT! Its awesome.

I'm not really too into Mobas and I'd say its packed with pros and i'd get the arse chewed off me so not much point really!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nesf wrote: »
    Dead Space, Assassin's Creed 2 for me. Owned several of the others already.

Why I buy so many games during these sales when I've games from the last sale that I haven't played yet is beyond me...
    I know I saw from the achievements/goals I already owned a bunch of titles that made me go 'wtf?' like Revenge of the Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Overheal wrote: »
    like Revenge of the Titans

Yeah I think I played the first level on that before getting distracted by something else. I really need to get around to playing it, I do enjoy tower defence games. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Kersmash wrote: »
    Just did the trading achievement with a friend and found this in my inventory.

Is that a beta key? Would it be tradeable if I unpacked it?

Just an FYI, That is worth a lot on the steam forums, Just reading a thread and someone offered 40 coal and some tf2 hats, the coal alone would fetch €20!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got homefront for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone want to do the trading achievement? If theres a chance I can get a Dota2 key I want to give it a go!!

Can trade something like 25% of Warner bros for something equally ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Big Knox wrote: »
    Anyone want to do the trading achievement? If theres a chance I can get a Dota2 key I want to give it a go!!

Can trade something like 25% of Warner bros for something equally ****.

what's your steam ID? Ill trade you for 50% off Droplitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Helix wrote: »
    what's your steam ID? Ill trade you for 50% off Droplitz

It's De7rag.

Cheers mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Total war shogun 2 for €9.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

more stupid coal for linking my facebook account, thats 3 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Binding of Isaac for €1.24. yes please.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Has this Steam sale featured more indie titles over previous years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Xotic any good, has anyone played it before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Big Knox wrote: »
    It's De7rag.

Cheers mate!!

lovely, will add you as soon as the add a friend feature starts working again. the first hour of the new sales are always terrible for anyone who actually wants to do anything on steam i find

alternatively if you want to give it a go your end and add me, my ID is theamazingdotcotton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Has this Steam sale featured more indie titles over previous years?

I think it has myself, but I'm hardly a reliable source.

As a fellow who already owns and plays left 4 dead 2, would you recommend I buy left 4 dead 1?
    Does it have any content over 2 now that the maps have been ported over to 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

As a fellow who already owns and plays left 4 dead 2, would you recommend I buy left 4 dead 1?

Difficult to say. I preferred LFD1 over LFD2. While I haven't played the ports, I don't think that the two games are significant different to justify a purchase. But, hey, it's only €5. Yet that €5 might be better spent elsewhere. In short, after much flip-flopping I've been no help.

Or have I?

most of the maps are ported over, i wouldnt bother buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

L4D1 is pretty much deprecated now that everything is also in L4D2. The only reason to have L4D1 is if you want to play with only the original weapons and Specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

Thanks, I was on the fence ever since they ported the maps, but was leaning toward not buying it.
    I got two tribes thingy instead.
    edge, rush and toki tori.
    Glad I'm seasoned and hadn't bought edge in the first day.

For people thinking of buying SOTS II, it's €9.99 in GAME at the mo and it's Steamplay in anyways

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

18 games bought so far apparently. Not too bad though as I've only spent about 40 euro

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Re: LFD1 - it does not have the excellent melee weapons of the sequel. Apparent from that, fairly good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Two Tribes stuff today. Been meaning to get EDGE for a while, if only to stick it to the guy who fought a stupid legal battle about his ownership of the word.

I must commend the focus on indie titles - pretty much every small title that I've been curious about but has yet to be released in humble bundle form has been on sale :pac:

Advertisement