Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Terraria, Sequence and Patrician IV Gold for me. Patrician is definitely not a game for everybody, it's fun if you really like detailed economic simulators/trading simulators and it's very, well, German in terms of game design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

5 coal here to trade for something, a game preferably... PM me if interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Want to pick up AaaaAAA (etc...) but seems to be some payment issues on Steam's side.

I've never been so glad to be a Mac user though - it positively limits your choice when buying games on Steam sales so you don't end up buying every random curiosity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

but seems to be some payment issues on Steam's side.

Same happening here. I'd finally caved and the payment system is down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've only gotten batman arkam city and bloodbowl this sale..........I'm soo proud of myself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I've only gotten batman arkam city and bloodbowl this sale..........I'm soo proud of myself :pac:
    Don't feel alone. I've only bought Monday Night Combat, Psychonauts and Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition.

Sure as hell hope id do a Doom daily deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

The only games that interest me slightly today are the two most recent Prince of Persia ones (played the other three in the past) - are either worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

F*ck you, Valve.

I KEEP BUYING GAMES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Same :/

Promised myself no more steam purchases till late jan at least. Need dosh for a laptop so I can play all of these games on the go again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Solar 2 fun little game, like plaing space marbles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nesf wrote: »
    Terraria, Sequence and Patrician IV Gold for me. Patrician is definitely not a game for everybody, it's fun if you really like detailed economic simulators/trading simulators and it's very, well, German in terms of game design.

sound like my type of game so :)....I'm playing anno2070 atm and love it....is it more detailed than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am really getting away easy on this sale this year:

Portal 2
    Frozen synapse
    EYE

Dunno if sale is very weak this year, or I have waaaaay too many games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Nollog

I am really getting away easy on this sale this year:

Portal 2
    Frozen synapse
    EYE

Dunno if sale is very weak this year, or I have waaaaay too many games.

It looks to me that they've been reducing the big names less (understandable since most of them just came out 1-2 months ago.) and giving more indie games the spotlight this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I've spent a ****load. Have to top up the O2 card today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Considering KOTOR purely for nostalgia reasons....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Managed to spend €30 of my €50 budget for this sale so far, i don't think im doing that bad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Would Blops be worth the 30 bobs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Plants vs Zombies and X3:Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude are all I've bought so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit less than that I'd pay for it. I'd buy it if it had a lower price than 'the steam off my piss'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    F*ck you, Valve.

I KEEP BUYING GAMES!!

i had to buy a hard drive to store the games ive bought :(

shes actually going to kill me

• Advertisement

You can buy it cheaper on disc.
    I wouldn't buy any call of duty game after 2 from steam, activision like their money too much to give you a good deal on digital distribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is section 8 any good? Kinda looks like halo..

I asked about section 8 back last time it was on offer, was told it had poopy single player and nobody playing online.

Dead space 2 has my interest piqued, but I probably wouldn't play it for a few years,by which time it will be cheaper. :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

thats exactly what i'm thinking Nollaig as I still haven't played the first Dead Space or Section 8 that are sitting in the still to play pile :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Some good cheap games today....

Assassin's Creed - €5
    Dead Space - €3.74
    Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary - €2.50 each

I've only spent something like €12 on the sale so far, well down on last year,
    so I'll probably get Assassin's Creed & Dead Space, they were good fun to play before.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Too busy to download TF2, surprised I am not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sigh. Why did I buy the Serious Sam HD Gold Edition yesterday when it was going to be a daily deal, today? Sometimes, I hate Steam's daily deals for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Dead space 2 has my interest piqued, but I probably wouldn't play it for a few years,by which time it will be cheaper. :-\

Dead Space 2 deserves full price and it demands to be played NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KillianS

I just buy the newest games from intkeys.com (although I have had problems with codes) but steam sale is great for those classic games. Already got

Hearts Of Iron 3 Complete
    Red Faction 1
    Stalker SOC and COP
    Napoleon Total War
    Shogun (Gifted from a friend)

Anyway anyone who has bought "The Ship" gets two extra copies free and once gifted the person who receives gets two copies and so on. Anyone bought it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Rush to login in 3 minutes to 6 to gift a copy of Terraria to a friend while it was cheap.

Complete Dungeon Defenders achievement....free copy of Terraria.

Steam = Trollface

Advertisement