Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Can someone become a test lab rat and craft the coals?

I am really tempted to see what sort of reward you can get.
    tropico 4 steam special edition.
    wow not bad. That costs 22.50 in the store atm.
    Too bad I bought it only a week or two ago. Havent even played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

tropico 4 steam special edition.
    wow not bad. That costs 22.50 in the store atm.
    Too bad I bought it only a week or two ago. Havent even played it yet.

I'll swap ya a piece of coal for it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

3 coal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got the shogun DLC :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

25% of paradox games. Catalogue looks ****.Oh well :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the shogun DLC :)

same, did you buy the extra blood.

still got an extra shogun 2 serial code if anyone wants to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    25% of paradox games. Catalogue looks ****.Oh well :/
    I hear http://store.steampowered.com/app/22120/ is good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

/\/ollog wrote: »

Good shout, have to pick that up. The only problem being that I can't use the voucher until 2nd January 2012 so if I buy it now and don't use the vouncher it will be cheaper. In other words like the 25% off Valve voucher it's about as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

I think that's the joke.
    Gabe was tired of all the fat jokes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Varik wrote: »

yup and the rise of the samurai campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Varik wrote: »

I'd trade borderlands or Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition for Shogun 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It is pretty hilarious that the vast majority of the vouchers are vastly inferior than the sale offers.

I'm saving my seven coal for the big draw at the end. Not a snowball's chance in hell of winning, bu whatevs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Is the Dota 2 beta key the actual retail game as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Now up to 21 coal...

Still very tempted, but I know I'll either get crap, vouchers, or stuff I already own.
    I'll stick with my (still low) chances at my Top 5 or 10 wishlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was in GAME earlier and saw Revenge of the Titans priced at €24.99. :eek:

Stuff like that makes me appreciate Steam a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Just finished downloading Empire/ Napoleon Total War. It was nearly 40 gigs in total :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

4 hours playing the binding of Isaac last night and another 2 hours today, still haven't got the achievement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Is the Dota 2 beta key the actual retail game as well?

Nope, just for the beta. Some people think the game will be free to play on release anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Jet Black wrote: »
    4 hours playing the binding of Isaac last night and another 2 hours today, still haven't got the achievement :(

bought that a while ago and only played it for the first time yesterday. no idea what the hype is about, its garbage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's Zelda meets Smash TV and Diablo with the difficulty turned up oh 300% or so. It's aimed at a very specific subset of gamers ;)

It's not the perfect game by any stretch - bosses particularly tend to be bullet sponges - but it is a pleasant enough diversion. Can't ever see myself playing it much after the first few completions, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i dont think its much a case of that tbh. it's essentially a generic twin stick shooter with nothing about it to make it stand out apart from the visual style and story

actual gameplay wise, it's a poor effort

The combat gameplay is like a **** twin stick shooter, but it's the looting and procedural generation that are the appeal more than that IMO. The old school Zelda influence is huge too. Not that that unusual hybrid is for me, but I can certainly see many people being a fan of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Which of the shogun 2 DLC is worth getting? Any of them,do any of them add much to the game as its fairly substantial as it is on it's own

Just finished downloading Empire/ Napoleon Total War. It was nearly 40 gigs in total :eek:

I love the Total War games but i just could never get into those two.

The combat felt bland and boring. I guess i just prefer the hack and slash battles of Rome/Medieval/Shogun though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I love the Total War games but i just could never get into those two.

The combat felt bland and boring. I guess i just prefer the hack and slash battles of Rome/Medieval/Shogun though.:pac:

at first i didnt get it. But its nice to have a change from the arches vs cavalry vs infantry mechanic. Its basically all about firing lines and flanking. Just love the sound of the guns going off as they mow down lines of men. The AI in the campaign map is pants however.

Spunge wrote: »
    at first i didnt get it. But its nice to have a change from the arches vs cavalry vs infantry mechanic. Its basically all about firing lines and flanking. Just love the sound of the guns going off as they mow down lines of men. The AI in the campaign map is pants however.

I'd agree that was thrilling at first. But it got a bit repetitive after a while. There wasnt much variation in between factions or within factions themselves either.

I thought the AI in Napoleon was a bit better than it was in Empire and Napoleon felt a bit more polished but i just never enjoyed them as much as i enjoyed Rome and Medieval 2.

Spacechem = le yoink!

Good prices for Civ 5 (buy it!) and Fallout if you're into that sort of thing!

Picked up the rest of the dlc for New Vegas.

Store wont load for me now though so i havent seen what else there is yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

DoD:S got me more coal.

I was very happy when I noticed that after Spacechem I FINALLY WON A GAME! And I won...

World Basketball Manager 2010

I'd have much preferred coal thanks... Shíte like that is also why I'm not crafting my current coal.

• Advertisement

Bought Universe Sandbox as well. Actually looks like a lot of fun.:)

Advertisement