Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Christmas sale 2011

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

RolandIRL wrote: »
    90 games in total...*feels inadequate* :(:p

I blame having a crap laptop and only getting UPC in September for my tiny Steam catalogue :D

I have a similar number(think 87, not bothered to login to check) with a decent desktop.

My excuse: CSS. With a game of its caliber its hard to find time to play anything else :p That and LoL(hangs head).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RolandIRL wrote: »
    90 games in total...*feels inadequate* :(:p

I blame having a crap laptop and only getting UPC in September for my tiny Steam catalogue :D

I'm sure my wallet feels inversely adequate tbh :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Terraria. Just Terraria :P Anything else I wanted from the sale, I already owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Only thing I bought was the GTA collection. Main reason - I was going to buy SA anyway, and I loved the GTA's! So I said It's worth the spare tenner in my paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't really buy PC games until they're on sale on steam.

I'll buy some stuff full price (e.g. Skyrim and SWTOR) because I can be impatient but a load of stuff I'm capable of waiting a while for and they get bought in Steam sales.

Compared to many years ago when it was nearly always full price or a small discount for me to buy games this is a huge improvement. I'm not really spending that much more but I'm getting a load more games. I mean what I spent is around the price of 4 full price games but instead I'm getting 20 odd games (though,yeah, some of the indie stuff is cheap enough anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

5 million people logged into Steam at the same time.
    Yeah, pc gaming is dead :P

http://kotaku.com/5872863/steam-now-has-5-million-players-at-the-same-time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's just typical. I didn't buy much in the sale because I knew I'd never be able to download the games because of our stupid download limit with vodafone. Then two or three days after the sale finishes our broadband gets upgraded to unlimited downloads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I wouldn't worry about it. Your credit card loves you, plus there will be a huge Steam Sale really soon and you can get them all then. That has actually become my greatest justification for not buying games which are superb value, because they will be there during the next sale, like in like a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kiith wrote: »
    5 million people logged into Steam at the same time.
    Yeah, pc gaming is dead :P

http://kotaku.com/5872863/steam-now-has-5-million-players-at-the-same-time

I think we're at the stage now where PC gaming IS Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I think we're at the stage now where PC gaming IS Steam.
    Which is kinda great, and kinda saddening at the same time. A discussion for another thread maybe but REALLY impressive figures all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Which is kinda great, and kinda saddening at the same time. A discussion for another thread maybe but REALLY impressive figures all the same.

tbh with the likes of Origin, Green Man Gaming, Impulse and Gamersgate, I say its never better a time to be a PC gamer. Just as Steam surged ahead with the Christmas sales, Green Man Gaming counters it with its New Years sale which has 80% of its games cheaper than Steam.

I have a happy face, and an empty wallet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm at the stage that I really hate it when a game isn't on Steam. Have been dying to get Gray Matter but since it's not on steam I haven't gotten it yet. If it was on steam I would have used some disposible income to snap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Do all version of skyrim work through steam or is it just the ones bought on steam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I bought skyrim in the shops and you have to run it through steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

My final tally was only X3:TC, Plants vs Zombies and Dungeon Defenders. About €10 for the three of them. Should have got LA Noire but nevermind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Let's just be thankful Valve brought it out before Origin, because if Origin was in the position Steam is right now and had the PC gaming monopoly it would be horrible.

As much as steam has / had it's problems I can only imagine what EA would have done with the service!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Shred wrote: »
    Well so much for that, there's NONE of the extra content included in the augmented edition ffs :mad: Despite claims in this post I don't have the soundtrack (the main reason I bought it).

E-mailing Steam.

(Plus the fúcking video driver I downloaded via Steam keeps sending my VDU into power saving every minute while I'm using the machine...grrrr)

Just an update in case someone else has this problem:

Finally got a response back from Steam 11 days later - go to 'tools' to get the extra content (all of it) so panic over.

Oh and the video driver had bizarrely hijacked my sound card; driver roll back for the SC and all ok.

Advertisement