Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

pushki thats fantastic, bet you feel fantastic after a good nights sleep, maybe ye are getting into a routine now :)

im going to start printing off pictures tomorrow, i got some lovely photo frames and a beautiful photo album so i want to keep everything together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

The breastfeeding is going great pushkii, we're flying it! My nipples get sore from time to time though, and when she sleeps for long stretches I feel like I'm about to burst! We tried giving her a bottle of expressed milk earlier in the week and she just.outright refused to take it! We tried and tried but she just wasn't having any of it. I was starting to panic that she'd never take a bottle and I'd be completely tied to her for the next few months. But we persevered with offering a bottle of expressed milk each evening and all of a sudden after a few days she just started guzzling it! Such a relief! So now ive a couple of bottles of expressed milk so me and my mam are gonna sit in with a glass of wine tonight. My first drink, I cant wait!
    How is it going for you pushkii?

That's great that she wilt now take the bottle October, it will make it that bit easier for you, enjoy your wine, oh has just gone to get the take away r just gone asleep for a while and Im just after opening the bottle of wine, ill prob be on my ear after a glass haha x

Oh I know, I was really panicking for a day or two so I'm delighted she's finally come round to it. Sounds like the makings of a lovely evening there betsie :) I'll be the same with the wine, 1 small glass will do me I reckon! I'll be a cheap date haha.

Just logged onto facebook, I'm presuming that was you that added me GeeG? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

That is fantastic October that the bf is going well and that H finally took to the bottle at least you can have some me time now with the expressed milk, do you use a hand pump?I have the tommee tippee. manual one and its good . How long do you think you'll continue? the bf is going great for us i don't get sore and C is thriving i know what you mean. when they get really full with milk! its horrible :-(
    would you express much each day?
    i got a little set yesterday for C to print hr feet and hands on a canvas ! it all got very messy and ended in a bath :-)
    It will be so nice getting the photos developed tomorrow betsie i bet they'll be fab:-D

• Advertisement

I have an electric pump pushkii, its the medela one. I've found it great so far, depending on the time of day I can get 5-6 oz off each side in no time! I haven't thought too much about how long I'll feed but now that she's taking expressed milk it makes it a bit easier so I reckon I'll keep it up til I go back to college when shes 6 months. What about yourself?
    Oh and where did you get that set for printing? I've been looking for one cos I'd love to have a set of her prints!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

hi I sent gee g a pm with my facebook link and we are now friends, do you add me to the rest of the girls profiles or will I pm everyone with my link, sorry im unsure. Hope ye are all enjoying yer night. Gee G your little babs is gorgeous!!!!

pushki i would love to do her prints where did you get that set ?

rose gee g will add you to the group, send me on your facebook link and i think i can send you an invite to the group :)

well 1 glass was enough for me ladies, half cock eyed after it :) nice though :)

ha ha betsie that's gas, i got the set in heatons its good because if you sludge the paint on the canvas you can wipe it off with a baby wipe. i only got C's feet she wouldn't open her hands for me :-P
    Wow October that's a great amount to be expressing i can only get 3 or 4 max from both boobs . was that pump expensive? if everything goes well for us id like to continue until 6 moths too. :-)
    For anyone that's interested there's pampers new baby size 3 box in super value for €13. there's 74 in pack

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking about wine lol. I'm afraid once I start I won't stop ha ha.

• Advertisement

Thanks pushki must have a look out for them, be nice lo have before they get too big x

Kin I enjoyed my glass, afraid to drink any more in case I wouldn't hear r during the night, I would go into a deep sleep :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi girls, just added Ye to the group. Sorry about the delay, was busy eating my body Weight in gorgeous food :):) I had deep fried Brie for starter....have been waiting ten months for that ha ha. Had a few little glasses of wine with dinner, I would haVe polished off the bottle no problem:) went back to the pub then on way home but only drank water there :)
    Just home now to a nice settled sound asleep baby D!
    Hope everyone else enjoyed their nights x

Ah gee g sounds like ye had a lovely night, x

R is getting the hang of this sleeping thing I think, she settled about,11 woke at 2.45 back asleep after feed and woke at 7 Not bad at all :-)

That's fairly good betsie would she go back to sleep after 7 then? would you get some more sleep?

Great Betsie,long may it last :) Ye we did have a nice night now but when We got to pub both of us were yawning away n were homes by 11.30....party animals!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭new look

Oh my God how I've missed the thread!!!!!! I haven't got near the laptop in I don't know how long!!! I've really missed this :(
    I'm on Facebook too, will someone pm me the link to the group and I'll add ye? Would absolutely love to meet up but I'm no where near anyone (as ye will see on FB).
    Things are absolutely hectic here but it's so wonderful. Daytime is great for the boys, they sleep away and feed every four hours. Night time is another story. We're finding them harder to settle after feeds and trying to figure out what works for us regarding feeding times too because there are two of them to feed and always at the same time! Now saying that, they did well last night, bath and feed at ten, awake at 2 and settled by 3, and then up at 6 so I took them downstairs and fed them myself as hubbie was going to work at 7 and I wanted to give him another wee bit in bed. They're settled now after 10 feed for a sleep. They didn't sleep after 6 feed so hopefully will sleep now. Would love a sleep through the night so I'm really trying to be as strict as I can with the feeding times during the day so that maybe they will stretch out during the night> Oh how I miss sleep :)
    It's so lovely to hear how everyone is getting on now and so nice to see everyone is in the same boat with a lot of things. These babies are some job!!!!
    We changed the boys to a comfort feed about a week after they came home because they were so constipated and a bit colicy and it did the job. Very messy nappies but delighted to see them coz the boys suffered so much that week. A friend suggested it so they are on aptimel comfort but there's a cow and gate version too. Might be a help to some of you and the phn also suggested it so that's good enough for me :)
    Finding my wound a bit sore these days but I'd say it's lack of sleep and all the lifting of the boys just pulling a bit on my insides. Outside has healed so well, it's amazing, can't believe these two wee men came out of that small line!!!
    Jake and Luke will be 8 weeks on Tuesday, I can hardly believe it!!! Christening next weekend too, will be funny seeing the two lads in white dresses :D

New look pm me link to your prOfile and I'll add You as a friend. Then to the group x

Ah new look great to hear from you, I can only imagine how hectic it is with 2 boys I find it hectic enough with just 1 :-) glad to hear they are doing well, can't believe they are 8weeks old x

God I feel like I'm hungover today,presume its just tiredness as only had few glasses and that was with a huge Meal! I was mad to drink more but I wouLd be afraid of not waking with him, anyone else liKe this??

Yeah I am afraid that I wouldn't hear r if I had k few drinks in me, or that I would fall asleep while feeding her in bed or something,

• Advertisement

New look its great to hear from you sounds like its pretty hectic at yours, The christening will be great :) Do the boys wake each other up when they cry? do they sleep separately?

Yeah I am afraid that I wouldn't hear r if I had k few drinks in me, or that I would fall asleep while feeding her in bed or something,
    Yeah that's exactly how i feel although I know the chances are I'd probably be on high alert and be jumping up every noise he made cos I was so afraid :) I've a hen night next sat that I'll be drinking at but my oh is babysitting and he will be on night duty :):):)

Well then you can look forward to the hen and really enjoy it x

Everybody is very quiet tonight, presume that means all the August babies are being good and all mammies are relaxing :):)

Had a nice relaxing night with the x factor, pjs and k mug of lea :-)

ya us too :-) C has been wide awake all evening talking everything in , hopefully shell have a good night. she's really getting big now her cheeks have gotten so chubby :-D

I havent even got to watch x factor yet, just been one of those eVenings, busy doing nothing and it flew by :)
    How's everyone now with stiTches etc? I'm not feeling Pain anymore but still afraid of them ha ha

i don't feel pain either and the bleeding has almost stopped. when can one have sex again? not that ill be getting it lol!!
    i noticed that a few times i sneezed a little wee came out, must start doing loads of pelvic floor exercises!

I actually thought I had my period the other day but no, nurse burst my bubble and told me bleeding comes and gOes and period doesn't start til 6-10 Weeks, boo To that!! Waiting to go back on my pill! Em as for the sex, I'm gonna Say 6 Weeks or so. I will be so scared,Seriously! The thoughts Of anything happening them Petrifies me!!!

• Advertisement

i can totally see how Irish twins occur though :-D its so confusing with the bleeding
    anyone got any nice plans for the day?

Advertisement