Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

CongRats :):) what did you call him? X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Excited massive congratulations on your baby boy, hope ye are both well x

R settled about half 2 and slept till just after 6,

Oh is gone back to work today :-( I was a bit upset when he was leaving but I'm ok now x

Is she more settled today Betsie?you got bit of sleep so. D went down at 12 til 5.30 and the power was off when he woke. That was a fun feed :):)

Yeah she seems better today thank god :-)

Yeah got a bit of sleep anyway dreading tomorrow though have to leave here by 7 to bring her down lo Waterford hospital for her hearing test at 9 :-(

How come she has to get that done or is it standard down there? God tis v early, you'll have to be well organised in the morning so :):)

• Advertisement

They do a. Standard new born hearing test in the hospital where I had her and they got no response from her left ear so she has to go further for a more extensive test, I'm just glad its in Waterford coz mam can meet me there and come with me

Oh right, they don't do that up here. He had no hearing tests done. So your oh gone back to work? Was he upset going back too? I'd say it's hard for them leaving x

Yeah its a test that's only being introduced will eventually be done everywhere,

Yeah he was upset. Leaving this morning he has been on the phone a few times too just checking in

Ah god love him, mine was the same. But it'll be nice for you to get into little routine with her.
    God this weather would piss you off wouldn't it. At this stage I just want winter to hurry up. I hate when it's in between!!
    Is R losing any hair yet? D has started losing his a bit, looks like his hairline is receding :)

Yeah be nice to get into my own routine alright, have phn coming this after noon, can't wait to see what she weighs now, her face is gone all cute and chubby :-) no she hasn't started to loose her hair yet anyway x

Its lashing rain here all morning its so bad the dog won't even go out, got too used to the fine weather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭0ctober

Congrats excited! Hope you're recovering ok after the section x
    Weather is sh*t isnt it, me and H got caught in the rain coming back from the mother and baby group, I got drenched but luckily she was all snuggly and dry in her pram :-)
    Got her weighed at the group shes up to 10lb 7oz! And in half an hours time she'll be 4 weeks old :-) I dont know where the time has gone!

Oh my god October 4 weeks I can't believe it, where has the time gone at all x that's a great weight, r is 7lb 14oz today exactly 1lb up on her birth weight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Oh my god October thats a great weight!! Do you find the mother and baby group good? I might look for one in my area :) I have the graco travel system its gianormous!
    Excited congrats to you and your oh on your new arrival :) Hope ye both are doing well xx
    Myself and C only woke at 4pm think we have our sleeping patterns a8seways!!

Ha ha pushkii, ya's have it all wrong, its 4 in the morning ye should be waking up :):)
    I have the baby elegance neyo and it's a great light little thing, great for throwing in and out of the boot and all!!

Oh pushki you should try get out of that habbit before c gets too old :-)

I have the baby elegance ego its grand for getting in and out of the car too x

I've the quinny buzz, so far so good! And we got it in red which I love :)
    Yeah pushkii I've only been going for the last 2 weeks but I've found it great so far! Its great to talk to others going through the same thing. As great as friends and family are they just aren't really interested in baby sleeping routines, nappies and cracked nipples! :P its kind of what I'd imagine it would be like if all us August mammies met up :)

Imagine the giving out that would be done then if we were all together :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

I know. betsie its desparate i don't know how to get her to sleep earlier, she does feed every hr in the evening. but she does in between feeds. she always wants to be in my arms too its exhausting.
    That group sounds great October must have a look for my local one!

My local group is 30min drive away from me but I'm thinking of going next Monday, even if its just to get out of the house for an hour x

Could you imagine if we all met up I'd love it :-)

It woUld be deadly but sure we're in all corners of the country :)

• Advertisement

Oh I know would be nice though :-)

Is anyone else here on facebook?

Yeah its a pity we're not all a bit closer we really are spread as far apart as possible! I think the July group did meet up before the babies arrived. Would be a bit of an ordeal with babies in tow! :P it would be so strange putting faces to names cos it feels like we know each other so well now!

Yeah its a pity we're not all a bit closer we really are spread as far apart as possible! I think the July group did meet up before the babies arrived. Would be a bit of an ordeal with babies in tow! :P it would be so strange putting faces to names cos it feels like we know each other so well now!

Oops my post went up twice, phone acting up.
    Yup I'm on Facebook betsie!

It'd be mad, we'd just know each other as our names on this, ha ha. Yup I'm on facebook too x

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kinioiri

My little woman has taken a serious dislike to being anywhere except in my arms or OH's! He claims she is spoiled already, I don't agree. She is not sleeping as much as she did during the day or night for that matter!
    I am on Facebook Betsie. The July group had a Facebook page I think.

I wonder how could you make a facebook page that's private and that when we posted it Wouldn't come up on the whole country's home page!!

I think you can make a group page and have it invite only?

my page incase anyone wants

http://www.facebook.com/cathy.durney?ref=tn_tnmn

That would be a good idea betsie. Anyone know how to do it? We could ask one of the July girls how they did it if they're still floating around here!

• Advertisement

That would be a good idea betsie. Anyone know how to do it? We could ask one of the July girls how they did it if they're still floating around here!

Advertisement